TRILOGY
Hmmmmmmm ! good2.gif

thought you guys might like to see !

new Haro catalog

DitchWeed
BOUT DANG TIME.

I want 2, one to ride, one to build!
Sixpack
awesome! I likes the other pic with the blue tires & grips. That old Haro green rocked too!
tread
Cool!!!!!
King of Pipeline
Wow,, that is stoke... Man.... get that baby out on the streets.....
Average Joe
Where is the front brake?
jerry a hutcher
Killer !! that is cool...
Nighthawk
Killer! I gotta have one! All it needs is a front brake, a non-dopey seat, and a coaster tuff out back! And gumwalls!
TRILOGY
the catalog said only available in "CHROME"
and it does not have a front brake.

if i can get a few of them, one frame will be sent to chip to powder 3/4's of it in classic Haro green. good2.gif good2.gif
Pete Q
That's way awesome....

I wish they would have put a little more thought on the parts included though. Tuffs are a great start! But the rest looks like a generic selection of Haro brand stuff. I guess they have to think about the bottom-line... but still... this IS a limited edition!
King of Pipeline
Limited edition??? How many?
Pete Q
QUOTE (King of Pipeline @ Sep 5 2008, 12:48 AM) *
Limited edition??? How many?

Don't quote me on that.... I kinda assume they are limited...??
4130_nasa
Eh... Looks HEAVY!

Anybody know the weight?
Faust Wurstkotzenhauser
What is the MSRP?
GT_Pro_Performer
I think some people were saying between 500 and 600....but don't quote me on that!!
SAF
QUOTE (Faust Wurstkotzenhauser @ Sep 5 2008, 07:06 AM) *
What is the MSRP?

$550, complete only.
Faust Wurstkotzenhauser
QUOTE (SAF @ Sep 6 2008, 05:42 AM) *
$550, complete only.

Wow... that's cool... I can't wait to see one in person... I'm hoping they made it a bit longer than the original ones.
outriding
QUOTE (Faust Wurstkotzenhauser @ Sep 6 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Wow... that's cool... I can't wait to see one in person... I'm hoping they made it a bit longer than the original ones.

It does say "Original Freestyler Frame design with updated geometry".

The parts selection could have been much better but if its going to sell cheap... then thats ok.
SAF
QUOTE (Faust Wurstkotzenhauser @ Sep 6 2008, 08:59 AM) *

21" top tube smile.gif
wadeaminute
According to the specs in the catalog, which could be wrong, the frame is a 20.5 top tube, 13.75 rear end, downtube only chromoly. Steel bars. Steel forks with chromo steer-tube. Steel seatpost. Fake gyro. All cheap parts.
So, if this is so, this is a no-performance pose machine. The right look and angles, wrong material, wrong parts. Even more to the point, it's got a very nice downtube sticker. Which is also the best thing that you can say about the new PK Rippers.
Not a serious bike. But might be just fine for the average 40-something that doesn't care or know better. Heck, it probably still would ride better than the 80s bikes even with its shortcomings.
SAF
If this bike is single-tube cr-mo, then Haro dropped the ball on this one big time. I'm not paying $550 for a high-ten steel bike. What a disappointment if that's the case.

QUOTE (wadeaminute @ Sep 11 2008, 01:09 AM) *
According to the specs in the catalog, which could be wrong, the frame is a 20.5 top tube, 13.75 rear end, downtube only chromoly. Steel bars. Steel forks with chromo steer-tube. Steel seatpost. Fake gyro. All cheap parts.
So, if this is so, this is a no-performance pose machine. The right look and angles, wrong material, wrong parts. Even more to the point, it's got a very nice downtube sticker. Which is also the best thing that you can say about the new PK Rippers.
Not a serious bike. But might be just fine for the average 40-something that doesn't care or know better. Heck, it probably still would ride better than the 80s bikes even with its shortcomings.

jjjoekim
QUOTE (SAF @ Sep 12 2008, 10:59 PM) *
If this bike is single-tube cr-mo, then Haro dropped the ball on this one big time. I'm not paying $550 for a high-ten steel bike. What a disappointment if that's the case.

ditto. gonna wait for the 24" skyway. Barely stoked on that since I'm way taller than 5'2". The retro thing is getting me amped though. Saw this thing in person today and it put a huge smile on my face:

http://gizmodo.com/381663/review-lasonic-i...verdict-awesome
King of Pipeline
No shiznit... This bike is so overpriced and not full chromoly,,, Give me a break....
Faust Wurstkotzenhauser
Steel? ... bummer.
Nighthawk
Not 100% chromoly = I'm not buying it
TRILOGY
has anybody confirmed that the downtube is the only chromoly in the frame ?

if so, i will be calling my LBS to cancel the 2 i have on order.

was the 05 and 06 sports and the limited signed masters "FULL" chromoly ?
wadeaminute
The catalog, which I have in my hands, says
"OG Freestyler" (Frame) "Throwback Haro freestyle design - Crmo D/T- chrome"

In comparision, the entry for their F5 under frames is:
"Reduced weight frame design- Full crmo- 20.75" TT"

The forks aren't full crmo either, just the steer tube.
Steel bars, steel seatpost.

That's gotta be a heavy bike.
Pretty, though.
TRILOGY
QUOTE (wadeaminute @ Sep 19 2008, 01:23 PM) *
The catalog, which I have in my hands, says
"OG Freestyler" (Frame) "Throwback Haro freestyle design - Crmo D/T- chrome"

In comparision, the entry for their F5 under frames is:
"Reduced weight frame design- Full crmo- 20.75" TT"

The forks aren't full crmo either, just the steer tube.
Steel bars, steel seatpost.

That's gotta be a heavy bike.
Pretty, though.

sheesh ! negative.gif

way to go Haro....idiots. negative.gif
TRILOGY
well, just called my local bike shop and had him cancel my order for the 2.... good2.gif
GR8BNDINI
WOW!!!! I have'nt read this thread for a while, and Im glad I did, as I was going to order myself one. But six bones and its steel!!! No thanks.
King of Pipeline
I wanted one too.. but after getting more info...... WHY? no order for me..
TRILOGY
QUOTE (King of Pipeline @ Sep 19 2008, 02:15 PM) *
I wanted one too.. but after getting more info...... WHY? no order for me..

king,
you have the retro sports and the retro bob haro signed masters right ?
are they full chromoly ??
TRILOGY
OK OK !

now what i don't get is this...

found these pics on here from the Inter-bike show i think last year.
read the specs on it below.

now why in the he%& would Haro change the frame material up, now it's coming out ???? negative.gif

wadeaminute
Maybe the catalog is wrong? It also lists the angles as different than last year's proto, so who knows. I wouldn't pre-order one, though.
I still think that everyone should just ride modern frames with retro sticker packs.
SAF
The 990 mounts should have been on the seatstays. No micro-drive gearing for this frame with them on the chainstays.
IronHide
QUOTE (SAF @ Sep 21 2008, 03:16 PM) *
The 990 mounts should have been on the seatstays. No micro-drive gearing for this frame with them on the chainstays.

I agree with that 100%. 990s belong under the seat stays to allow for unlimited gearing options.
shawn o
I'm having mine powdercoated by C4 and I'm gonna cut the lower 990 mounts off and weld new ones on....

Got mine ordered at Fridley Heights Cyclery in Fridley, MN for $499.
CythoN
QUOTE (SAF @ Sep 21 2008, 03:16 PM) *

Not entirely true, but I agree, they should be on the seat stays. I dont think many people will be running lower gearing than this which still clears

84pk
Does anyone have confirmation on the steel vs. chromoly?
ColoredTuffs.com

Here's pics from last week's Interbike show.
They did not have any specs listed for this bike.....
4130_nasa
I guess we're back to 44 tooth sprockets... blink.gif unsure.gif dry.gif
race_inc
Nothing wrong with big sprockets IMHO. Micro drive looks kind of goofy to me. The brakes on the chainstays isn't too bad.
IronHide
I'd agree that the little sprockets look too pee-wee and I like the 40T to 46T sizes. They are works of art.... But if I wanted to put a new freecoaster hub on this bike (this is supposed to be a freestyle bike right?) and set it up with flatland gearing (I like 2.2 to 2.4 ratios) it would be tough. Even at a normal 2.7 ratio. Every freecoaster hub available at Danscomp right now are all 9T drivers. That's not my preference, but that's what's out there. That's the market. So with a 9T driver at a 2.2 ratio, that's a 20T sprocket. Even at 2.7 ratio that's 24T. Teeny-weenie stuff.

Maybe the bigger question is why no front brake? What happened to front brakes these days anyways? Where did they go? Am I just an old fuddy duddy latched onto the past? Is every kid now just that talented that they are obsolete? Is freestyle dead as I used to know it? Should I just go brake-less? Flip the bird at Dia-Compe, Odyssey, and brakes in general, forget about all this non-sense, and up my life insurance? Put on my tombstone "Fell down, went boom."

I digress. This bike would be cool in it's own way to just ride around the neighborhood and that's about it for me. If it were a little bit cheaper, I'd get one for my stepson as a starter bike. He'd love it. He still wears that hat around with Bob Haro's autograph on it. Even when he's skateboarding....
PEP
Brakeless in October.....stay tuned Gary smile.gif
GR8BNDINI
QUOTE (PEP @ Oct 1 2008, 06:55 PM) *

Did you get yourself one of these Haros Pepski?
PEP
nope.....some other TTT beauty. smile.gif Look Mom no brakes.....
IronHide
QUOTE (PEP @ Oct 1 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Let's go "streaking through the Quads" brakeless on the 18th....
speed
If it's not Full chromo, I'm not buying it either.
GR8BNDINI
So whats the scoop? Did anybody find out the truth, chromo or not? I talked to Rob at Kegels last week and he says full-chromo, said he even has three of them sold allready.
SAF
QUOTE (GR8BNDINI @ Oct 6 2008, 04:30 PM) *
So whats the scoop? Did anybody find out the truth, chromo or not? I talked to Rob at Kegels last week and he says full-chromo, said he even has three of them sold allready.

I emailed Tony at Haro about it - waiting for a reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.