Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my find-good one or?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
FACTORYHUFFY
hello to all! It is official, I have now started looking at garage sales and thrift stores, ect, for Vintage BMX bikes and parts. I am addicted!!!!

I do need some help. I have found a 24" cruiser. looks to be late 70's. it has GOOD Carlyle tires on it. schwinn brakes, 1pc. cranks. it has the older style diamond sewn seat, and says INVADER 24 on the chrome front fork. it has a western flyer head tube badge, and looks to have been sold at western auto stores. dont really care what its worth, ITS MY FIRST FIND!

ANY INFO YOU GUYS HAVE FOR ME REGARDING THIS CRUISER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I THINK i READ SOMETHING ABOUT CARLYLE TIRES BEING HARD TO FIND???? CORRECT???

CHRIS
FACTORYHUFFY
Here it is guys. Does anyone know anything about it????

Click to view attachment

VW Freak
Nice the tires are just 24"cruiser tires
Monster-Robot
They are kind of low end but it's a good looking bike and it's in very sweet condition. I'd call it a great find assuming it was thrift store pricing. I've never had a seat like that, but they always looked comfortable.

sanjosebmx
Well, if nothing else it's Track Certified..that should count for something! sarcastic_blum.gif

Really though any thrift store find is a good one, no?
FACTORYHUFFY
Thanks to all you guys that replied! I put air in the tires and took it for a 30 mintue ride tonight! For the $4.99 I paid for it, I think its a start in the right direction! I havent even cleaned it up yet. Spose I will get two more hooks out and hang it up in the garage. Im gonna head out on the rummage sale circuit this weekend, god I cant believe I just said that!!!!! wacko.gif

chris
FACTORYHUFFY
QUOTE (Monster-Robot @ Jul 30 2008, 10:48 PM) *
They are kind of low end but it's a good looking bike and it's in very sweet condition. I'd call it a great find assuming it was thrift store pricing. I've never had a seat like that, but they always looked comfortable.

You know< ive only had uni and viscount aero seats, that I can remember, so this one is REALLY comfortable! good3.gif
sanjosebmx
$5 bucks! there you go, thats a lot better deal than a mocha lotta fatta latte..........
Ringer
Murrays have track certified stickers on a lot of them. Could be a murray?

Has some stuff in common with this 1979 Murray

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/murray/1320
FACTORYHUFFY
QUOTE (Ringer @ Jul 31 2008, 04:24 AM) *
Murrays have track certified stickers on a lot of them. Could be a murray?

Has some stuff in common with this 1979 Murray

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/murray/1320

After looking at it closer, I agree with you on this one. bet it was made by MURRAY with low end parts and badged as a WESTERN AUTO bike.

I know in 1982, HUFFY did that for RALEIGH with the R6000. Its was a Pro LIghtning with a few component changes and the seat tube was round instead of teardrop shaped, but thats probably only one of a hundred times that was done right??

chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.