Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a little help guys
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
Mr. Clean
If today was July 14, 1984, and you got a brand new f/f, what parts would you put on it. What are your opinions of the best parts from 1984? I was only 12 in 1984 and didn't know that much about bmx bike parts. I had a huffy Stu Thomsen at the time and it pretty much stayed stock. Thanks in advance for your input.
gaijin
Redline Forklifters were brand new for 84, so I had to have 'em. I think MX901s came out that year too (although it could have been 85). DK stems were still new. There wasn't anything groundbreaking as far as hubs went that year, although GTs hubs were only a year or so old and pretty slick. Araya Aeros were only a year or so old then, so it would be a toss up between those and Pro Class rims. Cranks your only real options were Redline 401s or Profiles. Pedals, you really had 3 options, DX, XC2s or Hutch. If you weren't running one of those 3 pedals in 84, it was most likely because you had a sponsor for pedals that wasn't Shimano, Suntour or Hutch. Comp IV tires and a UNI Turbo round things out pretty well.

Mr. Clean
Thanks for the info gaijin, now I need some more opinions for you guys. I know there's more parts than this. They don't necessarily have to be newly made parts, just available in 1984.
gaijin
QUOTE (Mr. Clean @ Jul 14 2008, 07:16 PM) *
What are your opinions of the best parts from 1984?

Sorry, I took you literally.
JohnnyRingo
You could download some of the '83-'84 mags from here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/JohnnyRingo813

and look at the ads and see what you like.
Mr. Clean
QUOTE (JohnnyRingo @ Jul 15 2008, 05:18 AM) *
You could download some of the '83-'84 mags from here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/JohnnyRingo813

and look at the ads and see what you like.

anymore opinions from you guys? Wut about the small stuff? Like headsets, grips, seatposts and clamps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.