Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DG Monoshock ID Help
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
TE76
Hi,

My Mom (vintage id sandimom) was given an old DG Monoshock by a co-worker probably around 10 or so years ago. It's been sitting in her basement ever since. I thought I'd throw some pics up and see if I could get some help identifying it. Based on my limited research, I believe it's a 1975 or 1976 DG Monoshock Eagle. I was born in 1976, so this bike was around way before I started racing, hence I don't know much about it. See below pics and help me correctly ID it.

Also, I am fairly curious about how rare of a bike this is. If you have any input, I'd appreciate it.

Interesting side story about this bike, the original owner (my Mom's old co-worker's son) lived next door to Dan Gurney and was given this bike by Dan personally. Cool stuff!

Thanks,

Tim Eiring

BenOr
That is a "Dan Gurney" not a "DG". It is also awesome. Love that it still has Schwinn forks. The seat struts are classic. Prepare to be hounded.
TE76
QUOTE (BenOr @ Jul 13 2008, 07:25 PM) *
That is a "Dan Gurney" not a "DG". It is also awesome. Love that it still has Schwinn forks. The seat struts are classic. Prepare to be hounded.

Thanks for the info! I'd change the topic title if I could. wink.gif

Reilley1
Hehehehe, I jumped all over this post when I first saw the heading and knew Ben would be the first one to post...

And yes, that thing is moto...
Ken Pliska
Tim,

Very Cool!!!!!!

I cannot believe Sandi has been holding out on all of us all of these years smile.gif Great bike, Great History.
TE76
QUOTE (Ken Pliska @ Jul 14 2008, 10:47 AM) *
Tim,

Very Cool!!!!!!

I cannot believe Sandi has been holding out on all of us all of these years smile.gif Great bike, Great History.

Thanks Ken! Hope all's well.

Can anyone confirm that this is a Dan Gurney Monoshock Eagle?

Thanks,

Tim
Monster-Robot
No doubt that it is a Gurney. Very sweet!
bmxerpete
Drool...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.