Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Todays scores
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
rumblerdave
Hit a couple of local shops today looking for a specific part... didn't find what I needed, but did manage to come home with this junk. Not a bad day...

spray bombed Redline frame (what is it? MXII, MXIII???)
huge Auburn bars
Redline Pro Line tapered fork
silver Tuf Neck
two Black DC mx1000 brake sets (yup, real Dia Compes)
1 nos silver DC Nippon
2 Hutch seat post clamps (1 in baby blue!!!)
3 Pro Neck lay back posts
1 beat turquoise Cycle Craft Fred Z post
2 NOS Orange Terrycables (perfect for my Patterson!)
1 ugly as hell Orange n white Cal Lite reversible frame pad

rumblerdave
What is this spraybombed Redline frame? MX II? MX III?

FLARED dropouts, 18 1/2 inch top tube, serial #4674119 on left rear dropout, block letter REDLINE stamp on BB shell, gussets at headtube

TideyBuddha
Fred Z Post.... More than Likely is just a Sticker....Cycle Craft never made posts to my knowledge.
rumblerdave
QUOTE (TideyBuddha @ Jul 13 2008, 01:15 AM) *
Fred Z Post.... More than Likely is just a Sticker....Cycle Craft never made posts to my knowledge.

Hmmm... looks like a Cycle Craft color, though...

Any one got any ideas on the Redline frame?
gaijin
QUOTE (TideyBuddha @ Jul 13 2008, 01:15 AM) *

Of course they did.
Racer
Looks like a Series 3 frame. Look in the BB if it has 4 holes its a ST if it has 2 holes its a MX2.
Probably a 83. Cant ID the exact model number as all Series 3 frames like the 600a and 500b etc used the same frame, just different parts groups and decals, till they came out with Trimoly frames in 85. Thats not an 85 or newer frame though.
proline2
what racer said.
also, that redline has a fairly high serial number, so probably later than '83. what throws me is it's on the dropout not the bb. has the rear drops got knurling?

damn these redlines are fun to decipher with they're crappy serials LOL.
rumblerdave
No knurling, the dropouts are smooth... but they do flare out at the bottom

I started stripping the blue spray paint off, the original paint is underneath (well, some of it)
the original color is solid WHITE...
QuicksilverBMX
QUOTE (proline2 @ Jul 14 2008, 07:11 AM) *
damn these redlines are fun to decipher with they're crappy serials LOL.

Yeah I have one with the serial# on the drop out but no Redline stamp on the BB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.