Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever have a bike stolen?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
npbusguy
You guys ever have a bike stolen?

My bike was stolen out of the locked garage back in 1984. It was a beautiful Pro-Neck that was pimped out with all the goodies of the day. The rat bastid opened the garage with the garage door opener in my dad's unlocked car - to this day I lock my car in my driveway and close the sunroof because of that.
My brother's JMC was stolen the same night.

What other rides have been lifted by dirt bags?
sirrob
Just about every good bike I had.
Gary Mason WWR
My Rhino got stolen in front of a store across the street from my house . I ran after and almost caught him on foot , but my bike was too fast . Kept running right into my house grabbed my mcs 240 , taped a large wrench under the top tube and went after him . He went straight down town and hid in an alley . I raced past him & saw him , then turned to go after him & he took off . He went about 200ft and started to turn right . So I pulled up and power wheelied straight over him , Funny thing was I didnt crash at all . He ran like his ars was on fire . I was 15 , he was 19 then . He took off to florida shortly after , got in trouble (jail) , then got stabbed and died .
Rookie4life
Man, I had a Mongoose Blue Max stolen from the pool bike rack in Lake Ridge, Virginia. If you feel guilty and wish to return it, please contact me A.S.A.P. My reward poster at the pool in 83 did not work either.
DeanHoward
QUOTE (Gary Mason WWR @ Jul 8 2008, 05:02 PM) *
My Rhino got stolen in front of a store across the street from my house . I ran after and almost caught him on foot , but my bike was too fast . Kept running right into my house grabbed my mcs 240 , taped a large wrench under the top tube and went after him . He went straight down town and hid in an alley . I raced past him & saw him , then turned to go after him & he took off . He went about 200ft and started to turn right . So I pulled up and power wheelied straight over him , Funny thing was I didnt crash at all . He ran like his ars was on fire . I was 15 , he was 19 then . He took off to florida shortly after , got in trouble (jail) , then got stabbed and died .

Wow, Rock On!!
PHXOS
1978 Chrome Profab. All Chrome and Blue. Nice bike. 1965 Schwinn paperboy bike customixed with BMX parts. Stolen 1980
JohnnyRingo
My looptail PK. Stolen on my last day of High school. I also had a Rhino III and a GT Pro stolen as well.
dUrTwErXdEsIgNs
My Hutch Pro Raider got stolen out of my yard...
I was REAL mad. I went to the store to get some cigarettes right after I found out, and saw some dude ride right past me with some lard-butt girl sitting on my handlebars, I dropped my Torker cruiser that I was on, and shoved them...they wiped out, and I yelled "THOSE RIMS HAVE A 110LB WEIGHT LIMIT,MORON!!!" "BESIDES...THATS MY BIKE!!!" I proceeded to whoop dudes butt and kept telling him to apologize. Finally, he yelled out "I'm sorry,I'm sorry!!!". I took my bike and wheeled it home beside me.

2 months later my Torker cruiser got stolen(never got it back), and then about a month after I transfered all my parts from my Hutch to my CW Pro-Motion, someone broke into my house and stole my Hutch Frame and Fork(again...but this time I never got it back)
TideyBuddha
I had a 85 Torker. I was jumped by 4 Mexican's and pummeled for it... Ran home.. Got Grandpa, he got his shotgun.. Drove around for 20 or so minutes and found it sitting close to a group of guys... Needless to say. The sound of a racking 12G made them scatter..

Got it back to have it stolen out of my yard!!
JAY MADDEN
86 baby blue F/A limo, with pink parts (it was the eighties) just finished building it the nite before (someone knew) stolen out of my bedroom, i was sooooooo bummed, never even got to ride it.
dsmith
brand new red webco with red mags,,,never seen it again...
Armadillo
I went to a Primus show one night after work. I left my bike at work locked to a very beefy pole which had a security camera pointed at it. Someone walked up, grabbed a 4"x4" longish block of wood and popped my kryptonite U-lock off in about 5 seconds. Bye-bye cannondale. Grainy video unfortunately didn't help get my bike back.

I also gave my cousin my Hutch Pro Racer, which was had some very nice parts. Bullseye hubs, hutch pedals, redline flight cranks. He left it in his front yard about a week after I gave it to him and it was stolen. I was more pissed at my cousin than the bike thief. I think I still am.
HurricaneHenry
She's still out there somewhere, still can't talk about it.

HurricaneHenry
.....actually I can, but here's what I have until she comes home.

R. Serafin
Yes, I had the double whamy during one night. The garage door was open for one night and they took both my bikes.

1st Bike:
Patterson PR200
Redline Flights
Phil Woods
Patterson Bars
Richie Anderson's pad set with his signiture on them after he won the worlds in Las Vegas
The bike was fully tricked out and all chrome.

2nd Bike:
A brand new orinigal Schwinn Sting ( red / chrome ). This was given to me after I left team schwinn in Chicago.

The guys knew exactly what they wanted because they didn't take anything else. They were covered under home owner's insurance and we got funds back. But, I didn't care about the money, I just wanted my bikes back.
cheez
79 Jag, Proline forks, gold stem, Microline nickle bars, red Ourys, Sugino mighty cranks & ring, Phil BB, Shimano hubs, red Araya 7c's, red Race inc post, Brooks seat, Schwinn Scrambler gum wall front, Comp II rear. 1st gen RL pads, and my custom ABA plate.

I had to ride my race bike to school one day because my ten speed had a flat. Had track practice that day, and when I went out to get my bike it was gone. Went to the security office to report it and one of the Dork student officers said he saw a car leaving the lot with a few bikes hanging out of the trunk. I asked him if one had a number plate, and he said yeah #129 angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif I wanted to rip his friggin head off. I ended up getting detention because I went off on him using every name in the book. The school did nothing about it

My totaly trick Race inc. that was stollen out of my Garage in 05 while I was at Rockford. Got it back after finding the parts listed on E-bay but the anno was trashed from sitting out in the sun at the police impound
J.T.
Would ride my 1978 Torker with 7x's, Tuf neck, Race Inc. bars, Suntour cranks, comp II tires, etc. to confirmation every Wednesday night and place the bike in the basement of the church.

One night it is gone and thought one of the dudes in class was yankin' my chain and hid it somewhere? We looked all over and couldn't find it...I went nuts!

My bike is stolen out of my own church and couldn't believe it!

About four weeks later my Mom was picking me up from Sunday church and she said, "I thought I saw a kid riding your bike?" I'm like, "where and let's go there!" We drove all over then I saw it. The dude was like 17 or 18 and I was 14. I jumped out of the car and nearly tackled him. Stated, "This is my bike and would like it back!" He was sayin', no way...prove it. I was just down to a race in the Twin Cities before the bike got stolen and had my Moto number sticker on my stem underneath the stem pad. I rattled off that number, he looked, then handed the bike over.

Found out the dude who stole it was the son of a church administrative person, no punishment whatsoever?

Man was I glad to get that bike back as I put all my blood, sweat, and tears into that.

Oh, as soon as I graduation from confirmation (did it in one vs. two years) never went to that church again.
avalanchefan
My '82 Patty (low ser # W/ werstern style graphics )W/ Tuff 1's (W/ homemade freewheel , remember taking those 4 wedge pieces & something else to make it like that ? ) like an idiot I left it outside a friends garage & went in his house for 5 min & the bike was gone . I bought that @ a local Schwinn shop in Houston . I saved (paper route @ 15) right away & ordered ANOTHER '82 Patty FF from Hank & Frank cycles (STILL HAVE THE BOX THE FRAME CAME IN ! ) & this one had the newer graphics & shortly thereafter saw a kid riding my stolen bike & rode around W/ him & my friend & I conned him to go to a buddies house & I STOLE IT BACK ! SO I WAS ROCKIN' 2 PATTIES BITD !
daveeco
QUOTE (avalanchefan @ Jul 9 2008, 06:30 PM) *
My '82 Patty (low ser # W/ werstern style graphics )W/ Tuff 1's (W/ homemade freewheel , remember taking those 4 wedge pieces & something else to make it like that ? ) like an idiot I left it outside a friends garage & went in his house for 5 min & the bike was gone . I bought that @ a local Schwinn shop in Houston . I saved (paper route @ 15) right away & ordered ANOTHER '82 Patty FF from Hank & Frank cycles (STILL HAVE THE BOX THE FRAME CAME IN ! ) & this one had the newer graphics & shortly thereafter saw a kid riding my stolen bike & rode around W/ him & my friend & I conned him to go to a buddies house & I STOLE IT BACK ! SO I WAS ROCKIN' 2 PATTIES BITD !

I had a 1981 Mongoose stolen and my 1982 looptail PK Ripper. That one hurt. I pieced that bike together part by part. Redline 401 flights with hadley BB, GT pro bars, chromed araya rims w/ black spokes and chrome bullseye hubs... boy do I wish I had that bike back.
I even remember the serial number PK 49498.
MiniZ
I got my diamond back medium pro stolen from the front of a Fred Meyer in '83. I guess I was in long enough for someone to cut through my cable.
Nighthawk
I had my totally built MCS Magnum stolen out of my garage, when I went inside for five minutes. Candy red, red Z-rims, Sugino Maxy Cross cranks, Redline stem - the works. I came out, bike was gone... went back to where everyone was riding and paid attention to who was still there, and who wasn't. Asked around a day later and got word that confirmed the thief was who I suspected. Parents wouldn't do anything. Police came and asked, "did you SEE him take your bike?" And of course wouldn't do anything either.

So I went to the house of the big kid in the neighborhood that everyone was afraid of (didn't we all have a guy like that?) and told him I'd give him a bunch of extra bike parts I wasn't using if he'd get my bike back for me. So he went and broke into the culprits house, through a basement window, and 'stole' my bike back for me. What was the kid going to do, call the cops? lol

It was on this day I learned how the world really works.

rick
haha.. that is awesome. similar story, my brothers hutch got lifted out of the garage and my mom offered a reward of 40 bucks to any one of the hood rats who could safely return it. the kid who returned it stole it back from the thief...lol

mom was a genius
Jeremy K.
79 Team Jag. Let my kid brother use it and it got ripped off in front of our apartment. A friend was able to get the frame back for me when we found out who stole it. I wish I could go back in time just to kick his assss.

jk
Ramon a.k.a Beaner
1982 Diamond Back Silver Streak, they beat the crap out of me at a stop light, the worst part was going back to tell my parents what had happened...

Redline MX II
PK Ripper with Flights and Tuff II's
1983 Diamond Back Silver Streak (My brother's)

All three taken out of our garage 'cause my Dad wouldn't allow the "dirt" bikes in the house...
JohnnyJohnson OMAS DirtSlinger
I had a bike stolen from me................................

I had a bike repair class in 1982 at my junior high school.
I borrowed my older best friend's 80' Patterson Long for the class.
Think it had Cook bars, Pro Neck, Z-Rims. I can't remember the rest.
Everyone could leave there bikes in the class, hanging on hooks from the ceiling.
Left it one night......... gone the next morning.

Took almost 9 months for the school to cough up $600.
npbusguy
I am glad to see that some of the stolen bikes were recovered. I was not that lucky. Makes me wonder if it is still out there and will show up at a collector show or something. I had an idea of who stole mine, but could never prove it. The guy deserved a beating none the less. It must have been harder to move the parts too way back then do to the lack on the internet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.