Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JMC Pit bike question?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
jbros125
I just noticed a JMC pit bike for auction on ebay. Does anyone know how many were made? and Has anyone ever tried to make a list , do like a registry for JMC pit bikes or JMC bikes in general?

I have seen a few JMC pits on this site in the past. I know the guy Tom P. (NRF5115?) has two of them. and I am sure Juan must have one. I saw JT's at rockford this year. I think it would be neat if there were a couple hundred made to see who has what numbers and to try and track it from 1 to 200 or what ever the last one made is.

The one on ebay is number 39.

Oh yeah and if you have a picture of your JMC Pit then post it here for me PLEASE!! biggrin.gif

Jon
Keep_It_Warm
I think Tom P. sold one of his. I know who bought it, but don't want to name drop because the buyer has never really been public about aquiring it, so I'll leave it to hm.

I think Lionel (carbizguy) has on....or maybe it's Greyboy

I know Lee Jones has one...

oldprobmx
Mark JMC has a killer one he was riding it at Howell a few weeks ago
BMX TEACHER
My kid rides mine every day, its #42
AGUILAR3
QUOTE (BMX TEACHER @ Jul 7 2008, 06:41 PM) *
My kid rides mine every day, its #42

Do you JMC Pit collectors use JMC bars? They all seem to have some kind of # plate so its hard to tell sometimes.
NFR5111
QUOTE (AGUILAR3 @ Jul 8 2008, 03:02 AM) *
Do you JMC Pit collectors use JMC bars? They all seem to have some kind of # plate so its hard to tell sometimes.

Here is my pit, #46. I had 47, but that was sold awhile ago. Of the two, this was the cleanest one. I will probably be selling it in the near future if anyone is interested.

That red one will not go cheap, I can guarantee it!!!

jmc/ace
1/14/1982 1st JMC 16" Pit Bike Jason Wharton Chrome P16-1 (110 made)

Tom,

I'm interested
cool.gif
oldschoolfool
I bought # P8345 from Richie Haney years ago. According to Jim Melton, it was the last pit bike frame.

No pics since my computer crashed last month, sorry.
BMX TEACHER
QUOTE (AGUILAR3 @ Jul 8 2008, 03:02 AM) *

Yes JMC bars are on mine.Click to view attachment
JAY MADDEN
QUOTE (BMX TEACHER @ Jul 8 2008, 04:51 PM) *
Yes JMC bars are on mine.Click to view attachment

TEACH, Iwant the contents of your garage..................NOW PLEASE!!!!!!
BMX TEACHER
QUOTE (JAY MADDEN @ Jul 8 2008, 11:53 PM) *
TEACH, Iwant the contents of your garage..................NOW PLEASE!!!!!!

Not a garage, but a loft. Oh yah, not for sale. They'll have to remove my bikes from my cold dead hands. P.S. My wife WILL sell off my collection when I die. Except for a few that are already spoken for. Tommy angry.gif
JAY MADDEN
QUOTE (BMX TEACHER @ Jul 9 2008, 05:19 PM) *
Not a garage, but a loft. Oh yah, not for sale. They'll have to remove my bikes from my cold dead hands. P.S. My wife WILL sell off my collection when I die. Except for a few that are already spoken for. Tommy angry.gif

looks like a sick collection, more pcs if you can.
osbmxbrian
I have #36. It's on show with other bikes at my bike shop in Fredonia N.Y. and it does have JMC pit bars.
Dr.Frankenripper
what are JMC PIT BARS ????? no such bar was ever designated to be a pit bar ----

JMC PITS are true pit bikes, with geo. to fit an actual pro sized rider comfortably enough - 17"tt with a higher hung bb to allow regular length cranks 165-175 (though some have built them with 180s, i find that is alittle too long), they aren't mere scaled down 16" bikes that are meant for a smaller rider - those bikes usually sport a shorter tt and a regular sized rider would have his knees in his chest nor could you ever run a 170 sized crank because of no ground clearance ---- only a couple of pit bikes ever made back in the day shared the same idea (mitigoose, GLJ, CW and most others were not true pit bikes, they were simply 16" bmx bikes meant for little dudes, but allota people would redo them with larger parts, but the fact the frame wasn't designed to accommodate for those parts a regular sized person could never actually race one --- the kappa and newer school offerings like Brew share the true PIT design JMC had.

a true JMC PIT should be built to accommodate a full sized rider - so it should sport DY bars or FAB bars at the least

if you mean yours has the Standard 6" rise bar with the 22" span (those bars were actually meant for the expert sized models like the st'd short and later xl models)
calvinw
I had 46 and 47 and sold them to Tom P. because my kids and grandkids would not take care of them. angry.gif
calvinw
They now ride Schwinns
osbmxbrian
These bars are 8'' tall and 24'' wide with an extreme backsweep making me think these where made for a pit. Before I built this, the frame fork and bars where all the original blue. I have many other JMC bars and I have never seen any like this. If anyone knows more than that, let me know.
jbros125
Well with there only being 110 of these made this should be easy to do once the word spreads. here is the list so far that I know.

#1 JMC/ACE
#13 Juan BMX ADDICTS
#36 osbbmxbrian
#39 is on ebay right now
#42 bmx teacher
#46 Tom P
#47 Tom P

Juan owns another one - I just don't know the number it is on his website

KEEP THEM COMING !!
Dr.Frankenripper
your bars are jmc st'd 8" rise bars --- i have a set --- meant for junior-expert riders

jmc offered :
st'd 6"x22 (w/allota sweep)
st'd 8"x24 (w/allota sweep)
pro 8"x28 (w/allota sweep - these were made for very short time before losing the sweep and becoming the Darrell Young bar, some people even call these the early DY bar cause its what he ran before they were changed)
FAB 7"x28 (very little sweep)
actual DY bar (very little sweep)
AP 9"x28 (very little sweep)

tom p. no longer owns JMC 16 47 mellow.gif
caferacer
the 1st 3 bars above all came out in 1981. I rode for the Meltons and had these bars when they came out. The bend is modeled of Red Line V bars Jim told me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.