Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raced A 2 A Day Today
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
The Riddler Al-F
It was the first chance I had to race in the new year so I went for it. Peachtree City raced afternoon started at 2:00PM. I planned to wake up check the hotline and go racing, but I had unforeseen duties at work to attend to first this morning.

I got done early enuff and figured I could make the 1.5 hr drive to PTC BMX and race. I didn't plan as I normally would have because of work circumstances so I got there late and missed my first moto. However, no practice and killed a holeshot on random gate from the start. It was a nice day to race and PTC had 25 Motos for a single point local today. Lots of good racing.

then I drove over to Sandy Ridge BMX in Mc donough Ga and got another race in. it was a good night for the riders. The track had issues with equipment being taken from them but the crew is dedicated and steadfest. They improvised, adapted and overcame! overall, i think 13 motos tonight at McDonough.

As for me, I rolled up the day with a pair of dueces i think if my total points math is right. It's good to come out of hibernation and race!

I guess next week is Dothan. I'm torn between this and perhaps a MTB adventure race in North Ga next week.
BIGSARGE
Sounds like a great day!!! I am sure you felt it a little this mornig though. Wish I was back there with you brother. I have ran into Durbin on a few times since arriving...he is doing pretty good.

Keep the rubber side down...when I get back it is going to be on like Donkey Kong...so be ready!!!
Chris C.
We have been doing two a days at Cobra in OH this winter. I really like it when time allow as it simulates running 2 classes at a national.

The Riddler Al-F
Alright BIGSARGE, I'll keep training just for you brah. I hate to dissapoint. Tell Durbin I say hey. thanx for reminding me, I need to Email him a hi.

It's definitelygood training Chris C. This time of year is prime for running the occassional 2 bikes a race at locals as well. But as soon as that Georgia summer hits, I'll pass on that, unless bigger race.

Whoever is out there and can make it, come check out Georgia BMX tracks. Good riding and good people.
MadCowboy
Very nice!

Once the weather gets better here I plan on doing couple 2 a days between Desoto, Cowtown and the new track down in Austin. This weekend would have been a good one but a planned visit to the inlaws threw a wrench in my spokes. dry.gif
tomg
When is Speedway going to start up this year? Then you can get three within a little over 24 hours all within thirty miles.
lukedogg
You lucky Dog.
harper
QUOTE (tomg @ Jan 27 2008, 10:43 PM) *
When is Speedway going to start up this year? Then you can get three within a little over 24 hours all within thirty miles.

I heard the land for the Speedway BMX was sold and Rob Potter is not sure if the track will stay up and running.

There is a new NBL track in Columbus, GA

We just made some big changes to both ABA tracks in Cobb County on the NW side of ATL.

Thomas Harper
The Riddler Al-F
You lucky Dog.

True, but I still have 1.5 hrs to Peachtree City from Warner Robins and 1+ to McDonough and Speedway. Albany's closer I think but not sure. they race every 1st and 3rd Sat of the month. It takes a little more thought with them as to when they are racing. I need to go just to see if I have a class there or not. I'm a little excited about Columbus opening up too.

QUOTE (harper @ Jan 27 2008, 06:03 PM) *
I heard the land for the Speedway BMX was sold and Rob Potter is not sure if the track will stay up and running.

We just made some big changes to both ABA tracks in Cobb County on the NW side of ATL.

Thomas Harper

Rob just told me that yesterday too. He wants to see if the new owners are friendly to the track or not at this point.

I hope it does stay open. It's a great track. Good technical skill track for pump/jump.
tomg
QUOTE (harper @ Jan 27 2008, 06:03 PM) *

Thomas Harper

That would be a shame if Speedway got shut down. It's a fun track. Once I get my NBL locals in, I'll probably race locals mostly at Bradley and Ducktown because they're closer to my house, but I'll definitely get down to Powder Springs and Noonday to check out the changes. Thanks for organizing the Pro/Am races. I'll see you in Columbus!
skullcrusher
We did those same races this past weekend. 4 hour drive each way for two locals. Left before 9am and got home around 1am. We need a track in Tennessee thats willing to race more than 6 months per year.
tomg
I'd just like an NBL track in NW GA so I don't have to drive two hours one way to locals for the GA state series. Don't get me wrong, I love having the ABA tracks close by, especially Bradley, but I couldn't care less about the district number and state series for ABA.
The Riddler Al-F
QUOTE (tomg @ Jan 28 2008, 08:27 PM) *
I'd just like an NBL track in NW GA so I don't have to drive two hours one way to locals for the GA state series. Don't get me wrong, I love having the ABA tracks close by, especially Bradley, but I couldn't care less about the district number and state series for ABA.

I'd love to have something local so I wasn't driving 1-1.5hrs to race at all. It always seems that I must travel...
tomg
QUOTE (The Riddler Al-F @ Jan 28 2008, 08:55 PM) *
I'd love to have something local so I wasn't driving 1-1.5hrs to race at all. It always seems that I must travel...

I just realized where in GA you live Al. That does suck! Looking at the schedule I might see you in Columbus for some locals, especially if Speedway doesn't open.
The Riddler Al-F
Oh yeah! I'm sure that we will run into each other Tom. I do want to check out the Columbus track a few times. Definitely looking forward to the state race there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.