Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acs Z Rims?
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
Startac
What were the colors and sizes offered for the Z rims? Thanks,
raiseyourstem
I remember 20" in Blue Black , Red, Yellow, and green(I think) and I remember seeing a few mixed sets ( yellow and blue mixed that came from when they changed colors in the molds) They flexed like crazy when I had them. Hope this helps.
Startac
It does. What about 24" and 26". Did ACS make a white Z rim in 24"/26"?
raiseyourstem
Did a quick search on ebay and found a set of 24" for sale so theres your answer. I do believe the cruiser sizes were rare.
Iceman
I believe Scott B used to have them on his OM.

They also came in pink, white, aqua, and lavender. Maybe orange, too.

MadCowboy
I like them now simply for nostalgic reasons. They were the worst rims ever, but everybody seemed to have owned at least one pair.
helixbmx
Orange was available back in the day. I had a set on my Haro Master.
TrickStarRick
Don't forget GRAPHITE Z's also, hard to find and will cost a few bucks$$ Nos. Even Woody Itson is looking for them for his build over on the Freestyle threads!. I'm guessing they will be for a HUTCH wink.gif
QuicksilverBMX
QUOTE (TrickStarRick @ Jan 18 2008, 04:11 PM) *
Don't forget GRAPHITE Z's also, hard to find and will cost a few bucks$$ Nos. Even Woody Itson is looking for them for his build over on the Freestyle threads!. I'm guessing they will be for a HUTCH wink.gif

I had a NOS pair of Graphite Z's, I sold them to Ted Carl, I didnt realise they were that popular lol
MikeStevens
From what I remember, the 20" had the biggest range of color, red, blue, black, white, yellow, green, lavender, a few orange sets, and probably other colors I cant think of. The 24" and 26" rims only came in red, blue, and black. I am a fan of them as I have a few sets of 24" and a set of 26" on the way. But then again I am not going to ride hard on any of them.
R. Serafin
I remember a photo of R.C Aldermen ( Panda Team ) taco shelling one of these rims when he did a tailwhip 180 and landed. There's actually a photo of R.C. taco shelling a rim in front of the Ace company. From what I remember, R.C was in full uniform ( panda ) with his Pro-Am frame and red ace z wheels. The photo shows R.C. landing the tailwhip as the rim taco shelled. I believe that he was sponsored by ace as well.
Startac
Anybody have any black 26" for sale? Thanks,
DRAGULA
Ive never seen a 26 inch pair in any color. Those rims were the worst wvar. They sucked up so much power it was sick. It didnt how you laced them. They did look cool though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.