Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Agent
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
JJR
Hi guys!
Just received a Free Agent frame fork and handlebar.
Found a serial number under the BB = 496247 and also I K stamped under te BB.
No brace between the chainstays behind the BB.
Decals are orginal.
21" long TT.

Any info would be great.
And i'm in need of such decal set rolleyes.gif
JJR
nobody???????? ohmy.gif
HRPdesigns
I defer to Mr. Galen Starlin, but you might want to post this in the mid school thread, as I think it is from that era.

I would say that it was made in April of 96' the 247th frame.
agentheinz
That style of decal started with the earliest FA framesets in the late 80s. Don't know how long that lasted, but the frame could be that old.
Chris C.
From what I can tell, the decals appear to be 88 and earlier.

And a 21" TT is a that of a Limo. I think they made the Limo for 1 year WITHOUT the brace and machined looking bb cups, which would make it an 87???

But, I agree the serial number looks like it may be a 96, which should have canti-mounts.

I have an 89 Limo and the serial number is on the drop out, there is a brace behind the bb, and the bb is the machined, 2-tier look. And, it has the block letter decals.

I am probably all wet on this one, but the evidence seems odd on this one.
HRPdesigns
I was not even thinking about what I wrote when I said it was a 96', I was actually thinking 86'. Duh....

I do not think it is a 96' as it has no brake mounts.

I am now stumped, the sticker style is definitely mid to late 80's and possible early 90's, but i doubt it is newer than that.

I will say that it is a sweet ride whatever year it is.
invisibleman1
this looks like the same f/f i had in 1986.
i just got one also.
Chris C.
As I noted, with a TT length of 21" it is Limo lenght. With the early decals and not brace behind the BB, it could be a 1st year Limo - which would mean I would pay dearly for it!

Chris
BMX2112
early Limo f&f set with serial# on the BB, later frames had brace behind BB and serial# is on the left rear dropout.
Dr.Frankenripper
sure that 96 --- isn't 86 ..... mine has the year right in the serial.(also an 86)

and those decals are 84-87 i believe
Chris C.
Now that a couple others have posted with similar beliefs to mine, I beleive it is an early Limo.

KILLER bike!!!!!
kcmobmx
QUOTE (Chris C. @ Nov 13 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Now that a couple others have posted with similar beliefs to mine, I beleive it is an early Limo.

KILLER bike!!!!!

it is actually a "Pro Long" model. no machined bb + no chainstay brace +21"tt and serial placement = Pro Long. probably 84-85ish. I have seen serials as early as 01/86 stamped on the dropouts... I have a Pro Long that has the chainstay brace but no machined BB. mine should be late 85...

rumblerdave
my red Pro Long has machined BB, no brace, serial number on the dropout... original mint paint and decals

both of these bikes look a lot different now, partswise... I need to take new pics

Somebody needs to dig up more info on the early days of Free Agent (84-89)
JJR
Yeah we need more info biggrin.gif
Thanks guys anyway for your help!
What colors did they came in the beginning?
I like the baby blue but think it was only for the later models.
And never seen a orginal red one......thought only chrome in the beginning.

ejjjjjjjjj Kenny May ride a black one in the ad????
rumblerdave
No, the baby blue was only on the early models...

Script logo Free Agents came in Chrome, Baby Blue, Yellow, Red, White, Pink (like Hutch Pink), black... and I've heard there were custom order colors available, as well as team rider only colors...
MADmanRAN
rolleyes.gif I think Free Agent was one of the first companys to produce a frame with a long TT 21".
I loved racing that bike ,it just felt right back in 86
Chris C.
QUOTE (MADmanRAN @ Dec 23 2007, 10:28 AM) *
rolleyes.gif I think Free Agent was one of the first companys to produce a frame with a long TT 21".
I loved racing that bike ,it just felt right back in 86

I agree 100%. FA seemed way ahead of their time. My 87 Limo was/is my all time favorite bike. I just loved the way it felt on the track.
kdw 712
i have a 1987 pro long, all the limo traits just no x brace on chain stays & stamped on the rear drop

galen would def be the man to answer this one

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.