Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UCI Nations points
VintageBMX.com > BMX NOW > BMX Racing
FaithBMX
Anyone have any idea what is going on with UCI Nations points? They published an updated list dated 08/08/07 and it looks like they started from scratch. Nations points are supposed to include several year's worth of finishes leading up to the Olympics. I understand that the UCI Overall points start over each year, but the Nations points are supposed to keep going.

Carl
psbmxer
The points for qualifying for the Olympics was to start at the World Championships this year and end at next years World Championships. I believe this might actually be just USAC and not all UCI. There is probably also the UCI points.
TOTAL Concept
I think something is wrong in there. Already write to the UCI to know what is going on.

They are counting only the category 1 and 2 UCI races from the 2006 Worlds until now and not taking in consideration the category 3 races, which should count as they said in the rules.

We have to wait and see what they have to say about that.

German
TOTAL Concept
Johan says it is incorrect and will be updated next

German
FaithBMX
I knew something was amiss. I didn't want to update my Olympic predictions page based on the wrong points.

Carl
bmxracer99
they have changed it now
FaithBMX
A couple of interesting things:
1. The UCI is counting the Cat 4 National Champ races as one of the seven Continental finishes. Is that the way it should be, or should it be the best seven finishes from the Continental series (Cat 3) plus the National Championships (Cat 4)? It helps some riders who didn't have seven finishes from the Continental series and they were able to use the National Championships finish as their seventh race.
2. I believe they just added in the junior finishes for Scherpen and Marino. I could be wrong, but I think their points just got a big boost from their 2006 UCI World's junior main event finishes (and two 2007 Continental junior finishes for Marino).

The Olympic predictions on my webpage are updated by the new UCI points.
www.factorybmx.com/globalbmx.htm

Carl

[ August 14, 2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Big Knobby ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.