Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southernmost BBQ 10/29/06
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2
FL BMX COP
Sorry I missed out on the 4th of July BBQ. If you guys are interested I'd like to do something at my place when the weather cools off a little bit. If I can ride out htis hurricane season with no house damage I'd like to do it the Sunday before Halloween. Plenty of room for parking and bikes, and I should have 3 or 4 more project bikes done by then. I'm about 10 minutes North of the Miami South BMX Track.

Greg
G-Flash
Great! I will do my best to plan accordingly so that I can make it down there.
Squid
I'm right around the corner from you (sort of... Country Walk). I should have my first OS build and maybe my new GHP cruiser completed by then.
FL BMX COP
Cool! I am in Palmetto Bay right off of 168 Street and 87 Ave.

Greg
bmxerpete
Greg, you know I'll be there!
Pete
cmlaigaie
AHHH...Perfect timing for my Keys vacation. You got room for the Hutch Hotel? Maybe an overnite stay?
Patterson cruzer
Hey Greg,

I am in palmetto bay as well 153 & 87ave we should hook up. Count me in for a BBQ.
TNJ'Sdad
Greg denise and the kids and i will be there...looking forward to it...sounds like alot of fun....Rob
TNJ'Sdad
well greg let us no more details as the date gets closer.....looking forward to it...hope the season permits....Rob
jerry a hutcher
im in..my neck of the woods..........
lou
If G-Flash is going then so am I.
retrodave
sorry fellows, Might have to miss this one. I'll be racing in Ga. That month.
Patterson cruzer
Hey Greg not to hijack this but have you heard about this ? not to big but a good thing for the park . mabye we could get a track their too.

SKATE PARK RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY - JULY 14TH

The Village of Palmetto Bay would like to invite all to attend the grand opening event of the skate pavillion at Palmetto Bay/Perrine Park, 17535 S.W. 95 Avenue, Palmetto Bay, FL. The barbecue (hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, beans, salad, drinks, and a big surprise for desert) will begin at 6 pm on Friday, July 14, 2006. There will be demonstrations by professional skaters, give-aways and a raffle. Please bring your friends and family and join us to celebrate this special event.
jerry a hutcher
im there ...its still on?
FL BMX COP
Jerry,
Still a go, so far. Either Saturday the 28th, or Sunday the 29th of October. Don't know which day is better for most people. I saw the article about the skate park in the Neighbors section, and saw that they are allowing bikes in too, but haven't been able to get over there yet.

Greg

[ July 26, 2006, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: FL BMX COP ]
TNJ'Sdad
Hey Greg how abis the BBQ about an update....is the BBQ a go?

hope so i got to find some more of those Redline Forklifter bars in south florida that Twintoptuber found
jesboogie
Pencil me in! Greg, I used to love dicing it up with you @ Miami South. Hope you and the fam are well.

Jesse D
TNJ'Sdad
still on Greg?
FL BMX COP
Rob,
It's still a go for that weekend, but don't know if Saturday or Sunday is better for everyone.

Greg
FL BMX COP
Looks like the Russ house is going to miss out on Hurricane damage this year, so I am still a go for Sunday, October 29th from about 11 am til whenever. I'll supply everything but the alcohol (sorry, I'm a non-drinker), and will probably fire up the Bar-B-Q around noonish for burgers and hot dogs. If I can get a roll call of who's coming as it get closer to get an idea of how much food to get, that would be great.

Greg
G-Flash
Hey Greg! I will do my best to get down there for the CONCH REPUBLICt BBQ! Hopefully the gang up here can plan ahead and maybe carpool our way down there. So far, it's a go for me! Hope to see you, Josh and Pete soon!
jesboogie
I am still good to go..Does that new Pinecrest skatepark near you let the bikes in?

Jesse d
FL BMX COP
Jesse,
That park is within riding distance from my house, and they do let bikes in, but I'm not sure if they have special hours for them or not. I'll check and see and let you know.

Greg
bmxerpete
I'm in for sure, Greg. Can I bring anything?
jesboogie
Are people bringing the whole family?

JD
FL BMX COP
Jesse,
Family is invited as well. My daughter (Shelby) is coming down from Gainesville to be her as well. Pete, you can probably bring some chairs, I'm a little short on those.

Greg
jerry a hutcher
were on?
FL BMX COP
Jerry,
Still a go. I was out of town this weekend, and without a computer so I wasn't able to post anymore about it. I'd like to get a better idea of how many people will be coming in the next week or so.

Greg
lou
Drag racing is next weekend up here, National event too. I don`t know, it`s a 50/50 for me. I realy want to go.
G-Flash
Lou is gonna make me ride down on the Ronald Reagen parkway cause my truck won't make it! Drag races? You seen one you seen them all! Gator Nationals rule but so does BBQ & BMX! C'mon Lou! We can do a fast southbeach ride with the high fashion models and still be home in time for work on Monday! I can help wit da petrol!
bmxerpete
I will definitely be there, with my new Webco! Lou, don't make G-Flash come alone...you can see drag racing anytime. And this is coming from a hardcore drag race fan.
Greg, will that skatepark by you be open to bikes during the BBQ?
ColoredTuffs.com
...wish I could make it... but I'm getting married this weekend!!
jerry a hutcher
WELL BIG CONGRATZ ED!!!!...GIVE ME A CALL..i called ya at the office #...
hell yea its on the fabweld 20 gonna be there...
lou you better make it drag race's are always goin on..these bbq's dont come often enough...so every one better be there the only one excused is ed...
ColoredTuffs.com
Thanks Jerry!
been a busy day today. Mother-In-Law to be is coming in tomorrow, and I'm doing yard-work, cleaning, and packing up orders all day!
I'll give ya a hollar soon!
lou
Change of plans for me. No drags but still no BBQ. Today I was asked to spray a flight simulator this weekend. I`ve done them before. They are the small ones that gives rides to the public, it`s like a rollercoaster ride show. Anyway, I make $1000 to spray it. I spend 8 hours to do it. I can`t pass that up.............sorry.
FL BMX COP
Lou and Ed,
Sorry to hear that you guys can't make it, but those both sound like legitimate reasons!! LOL. For those of you that will be coming, shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you directions, and my cel phone number. I'm going to statrt setting up my stuf at about 10:30, and get the BBQ fired up at around noon.

Greg
ColoredTuffs.com
Greg
Have a great BBQ down there! Take some pics!
See ya next time around..
-Ed
FL BMX COP
Pete and Jesse,
The Perrine Park Skatepark is open to bikes on Sunday from 12-6. You must have helmet, knee, and elbow pads. Best of all it is free!

Greg
STODD
Greg, shame on me for not seeing this topic sooner!
I would be very interested in coming out to a BBQ with you and the other fools. May I go?

Ed, you have the rest of your life to get married. It's BBQ time! J/K. Bro, have a great wedding!
Lou, take a break from huffing that basecoat and come on down...
retrodave
I have too race this wekend, or I would be there.
FL BMX COP
Stodd,
That'd be cool! Haven't seen you in a a while. I know I'm pretty far South for most of the guys here, but hopefully we'll have a decent turn out. I plan on doing it whether 1 or 100 people show up. Bring bikes! Hope you can make it.

Greg
Squid
No builds yet, but I might still throw something together and go. Greg, do you need help with anything? And where is this Perrine skatepark???
jesboogie
Bump bump bump

Jesse D
there with bells on
FL BMX COP
Skatepark location:
17535 S.W. 95 Avenue.

Just East of US 1 off of SW 173 Street.

Greg
FL BMX COP
Bump
jerry a hutcher
what your addy greg...i'll be there..
Keep_It_Warm
Post pics!
G-Flash
Sorry Greg but I won't make it. Thanks Josh for offering to put us up but did not finish weekend and wifey says no go! Please post some pics! Josh call me so I can get your number.
FL BMX COP
Thanks to everyone who showed! I was a little worried that being so far South that the turnout might not be too good. Had a total of about 35 bikes. Had a great time b.s.ing with everyone. Here's some pics:

Vintage t-shirt's an uniforms

SE Uniforms

Joe Hernandez - SE Henderson Hauler

Sidehack in Action!!!
FL BMX COP
More pics:

John Stodd - 26-inch Supercross Race Inc Cruiser

Jesse Diaz - GHP Pit bike with Greg Hills' number plate!

Pete Bruno's CYC Stormer

Jesse Diaz' Schwinn Tornado

Joel Meinholz - OM Flyer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.