Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCHWINN SHOW SWAP MEET
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
bmx-dad
There is a Schwinn show swap in joliet or rockford some time in may, DOES ANY ONE HAVE INFO ???

HELP !!!
gts340
Last year there was one in Rockford at the Forest Hills Lodge. I didn't make it, but I think it was in May. Maybe the Lodge has a website listing the date.
Moosegoose Nick
Ed, I hope this helps:

Press release: Pana (Illinois) Antique-Classic Bicycle Show and Swap Meet

This year Pana’s 6th Annual Antique-Classic Bicycle Show and Swap Meet is held in Kitchell Park in the very spacious Chautauqua Pavilion (over 11000-sq. ft.). When filled, space will be available for vendors outside. The date is Saturday July 1st, 2006, 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. There will be several classes for bicycles manufactured up to the 1980’s. A new and very special class “BEST CLASIC PAIR”, will be offered for those collectors that have gone to the trouble to come up with a nice pair of bikes such as matching Models Red/Green (or any other color combination), Boy/Girls, 20”/24”, 24”/26”, or some other neat combination to drive the judges wild! Be on notice, you have till July to prepare! Use your imagination!! Also we will have a Bike Auction with this event. This event has grown in the last five years and Pana’s Chamber of Commerce is putting a large effort in making it even better. As in the past very generous Trophies will be given in each class. The Pana (Illinois) Antique-Classic Bicycle Show is the Home of "The Illinois Classic Bike of the Year" (2006) Award with $150.00 and nice plaque going to the Winner and $100.00 going to Runner Up. We also will enter the winner’s bike in the "2007 Classic of the Year" at the 2007 Ann Arbor Swap Meet. This event is an effort to bring forth some of the finest classic bicycles that few people ever get to see. Bring them out to Pana for all to see! Information at: www.geocities.com/bikes62557 then click on 2006. This great event is held at the same time and just across the park road from the Pana Mid-State Classic Car Show. Admission is free to the public for both events and large crowds are expected for this joint venture. Be sure to be there as it will be a great day for Bike and Car enthusiast alike. Call 217-562-2813 for information or go to web site listed above. Vendors should register as soon as possible.

Eldon Hammond
217 562 2813
bikes62557@yahoo.com
ELF_DUDE
The bikes are to old for me i only have 1 bike that could go into that kind of show and it is hanging in the garage LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.