Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Championships of Vintage BMX - central USA
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Bedlam Bikes
What do you guys think of having a strictly vintage bmx gathering/contest?

Along the lines of:
"The World Championships of VBMX"

I am envisioning a event for hosting, showing and judging vintage BMX bikes. It would be great to get an indoor facility that's relatively centered in the USA. It would have nothing to do with being a "sideshow" to a large race. This would be a dedicated venue for US. Central USA would obviously provide the possibility of having a LARGE turnout. August seems like the best time of year. No holidays to interfere and most people take vacation time in the summer.

Nashville TN would be one of the greatest cities in the USA to hold this event. It's pretty central and a great city for visiting - even if you bring your family along.

Besides calling me crazy, does anyone have any thoughts on this?
If there is some serious interest from people, I will look further into a place for hosting this.

Jeff
G-Flash
[grouphug]
Matt427
Jeff, I like the idea, and would probably make a family camping trip out of it if it were in the summer. I'd love to help out with it too, but I'm so busy with work I just don't have the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.