Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Annual VBMX Gathering @ Hornets Nest BMX in Charlotte N.C.
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2
zero9pro24
OK guys, here it is, June 3-4 2006, Saturday is our Race For Life, double point and Sunday is our State Qualifer, double point. Saturday we will have the VBMX show, race and judging, Sunday will be optional, Hornets Nest has enough parking and camping, it`s easy to get to from I-77 and I-85 and there are Hotels close by. I hope you guys can make it.

If you have any questions let me or sprout22 know.
Mr. Clean
yeah, what he said.
Melton
If you want more information about Hornet's Nest track, Directions and Local Hotels.

The website is: www.ncbmx.com

There are also some great vintage track pictures on the site.
BMXMC
i looking forward to having this event at the track this june 3rd. i have some good ideas,so come visit us at hornets nest bmx! thanks to zero9pro24 and sprout22 for starting this event.

mark coates
t.o. hnbmx
BMXMC
well, 145 days til the vbmx gathering.

mark coates
t.o.hnbmx
Kastanman
I'll make it one way or another. Will be able to get any track time Friday night?
Mr. Clean
Mark Coates, our T.O., will have to chime in on that one.
zero9pro24
I`ll talk to Mark, I`m sure we can work something out.
BMXMC
OK,i will call brad at aba to add june 2nd. friday night race. reg time 6 to 7.

mark coates
t.o.
zero9pro24
Man, is Mark a great guy or what!
BMXMC
zero9pro 24 how about a cook out friday night?or cook out on saturday?
zero9pro24
Whatever you think would be better, I`m good one way or the other.
Mr. Clean
cookout sounds good to me too guys. Just let me know.
Kastanman
I'm Hungry right now just thinking about it.
Melton
Food.. Just let me know when and what to bring..
BMXMC
track will have the dogs and burgers and fixing.you all can bring drinks and chips and what ever else. just like before.

t.o. mark
Mr. Clean
we gotta keep this bumped, we hope to have a great time and welcome anyone remotely close to join us. We will have awards for the show and t-shirts(probably), and will have trophies for the vintage races(i think). I am gonna do my best to make this a great event, and I'm sure the other guys at the rack will do the same. Make your plans now and don't miss it.
Mr. Clean
ok guys, let's start a roll call, we gotta get going, it's gonna be here before we know it.

sprout22
zero9pro24
bmxmc
itpcpro
chambers

we're there, who else is in?
zero9pro24
ok let`s see what out-of-towners are gonna make it.
BMXMC
i'm planning a flatland jam in the parking lot at 11 to 3pm. i should be riding my new se bike.
Kastanman
I'm still planning to be there.
that70sguy
hornets nest will be a great place for a gathering it is one of the few tracks that has a great older group of guys still ridng. think about it even on a local level we have a full gate of 30 to 35 cruiser some weekends we have 2 gates of 36 to 40 cruiser we have a full gate of 28 and over novice which is mostly 36 and over on 20s we a full gate of 28 and over inter which is mostly 36 and over on 20s and a all around great track so lets get another roll call going to see whats going on and email sprout22 or zero9pro24 so we can get a headcount going they want to make this thing happen and i dont think you will be dissapointed.

oh yeah just wanted to say hello everybody
Mr. Clean
hey 70sguy, who are you?
zero9pro24
It`s Ron, couldn`t you tell.
that70sguy
its a bird its a plane no its PAC MAN
skyway72
I'll try to get there. It will be my first gathering of sorts, about a 2-3 hr drive. Wifey has one in the oven so it will be alot of 'splainin involved. Hope to meet some of you guys there.
Mr. Clean
hey skyway, come on down, we would love to have you. If she's not too far along, bring the wifey with you. We have alot of bmx moms down here. We'll keep you guys posted on the events we have planned.
skyway72
Thanks for the invite. She'll be about 7 months. She
loves it when I say bitd. I put a post up on vintage
freestyle and typed bitd, she caught me. Anyway is this a vintage race and swap thing? I've got two skyways to bring if we are "bragging" a little. Just joking, they are nothing to special. Hope to make it.
Thanks
Chris
Mr. Clean
Yeah, bring whatever you have. It's gonna be a show, a race, and a swap meet. Hope you can make it.
skyway72
Thanks, I hope to be there.
PRO-PAIN
Hey guys, Kevin Griffin here, been awhile since I've been able to make it to the track because of work and stuff, but I'm coming out this weekend and as many more as possible...I'll def be there for the vintage gathering as well..

I bought 3 new SE's, a Floval, a Ripper and a Quadangle...I've got the Floval and Quad already but wont get the Ripper until later in the week..

Mr. Clean
wuttup Kev. See ya at the track. You gotta check out my new pitbike.
PRO-PAIN
Hey man good to hear from ya, yeah Fred told me about your pit bike I bet it pretty nice, I'm gonna get me one also
zero9pro24
Sup Kev, maybe we can ride some this week, see ya at the track.
PRO-PAIN
If the weathers nice tomorrow I may ride by after 2 or so when I get off, so if you feel like riding we can..
that70sguy
hey guys weather looks perfect for saterday and ill be out there this week working on track oh yeah hey sprout put a pic of your pit bike on here you mite as well show it off
Mr. Clean
don't have one yet, but soon.
Kastanman
What classes are you guys having for the show? I've got a couple of projects I hope to have done by then.

Life's been a little crazy here since Dec 31.

Here’s a list
Dec. 31 House was broken into.
Jan. 12 Mother-in-law passed away.
Jan. 22 house was broken into again.
Feb 19 Father-in-law passed away
And I volunteered at the track and have spent every extra minute there trying to get it ready to race this Saturday.

LOL
zero9pro24
I guess we`ll do the same class break-down the way ya`ll had it, do we need to add a mid-school class?

I hope your life gets back to the norm.
PRO-PAIN
You know I'm there new bikes and all

Kastanman
We'll need a 70's class because I'm bringing my 79 MCS Spider. All we had was 80's 20" & 24", Freestyle, and Best of show.

I need a hotel. Can you get me the phone number to one close. Are their any links on the website?
zero9pro24
Yes, there is a Hotel link on the web site.
ncbmx.com
Kastanman
Is the Holiday inn the closest one to the track?
that70sguy
i didnt know we started posting mugshots for americas most wanted

good to see you back out at the track this past weekend

and we should be able to have a 70s if i have to lend one of my bikes to make a class
PRO-PAIN
LMAO , yeah it was great getting back out, can't wait till this weekend!!!!
Mr. Clean
Hey Shawn, i'll find out for ya. Later.
Kastanman
No worries. I just booked my room at the Microtel that you have on the website.

Now I have to see if the wife wants to go.
Mr. Clean
cool, have a safe trip and we'll see ya soon.
Mr. Clean
ok guys, we want to make t-shirts but need an idea of how many and what size. Even if you don't come to the gathering, you can still buy a shirt. Reply here of send me, zero9pro24, or bmxmc a pm.

Hey Rick, we want to put the vbmx.com logo on the back, would that be ok?
Mr. Clean
ok guys, time is running out. Only three more months. I know that seems like a long time, but it will be here before you know it. We want our first gathering to be a success. We will have awards for show and race. As well as a swap meet, and t-shirts. So come on, make your plans now and let us know if your coming.

thanks,
Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.