Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5th Annual MIDWEST Ride and Show
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
bmx-dad
Hello, All Its Ed I have a date for this years show last year was a blast and I hope to see ya all again please post if your coming,The date can NOT be changed its official:

5th. Annual Midwest Winter Old School Ride and Show, Sponsored by Steel Wheels BMX track.

FEBRUARY 11 th. 2006 ,Time to be anounced.
Directions ,track phone # check the web site:
www.steelwheelsbmx.com

It is a Race For Life and we can have an Old School moto. I am going to try and set up some trophys and a voting system like years past. We should be able to get the same part of the track so there should be pleanty of room for the show.

I will keep up dates when i get them.
Thanks Ed
PEP
This was an awesome event last year & we has a great showing.

I'd really like to see the Michigan Faction back in the game for this one Again...

Randy? Skid, Jeff Miller, Keep It Warm

c'mon down.

I just want to see Randy fold another chainring racing on his 2/4
Keep_It_Warm
Can we just "show" bikes? Or do we have to race as well?

I'd like to go...thats the weekend after the Superbowl and the calendar is WIDE open.

Jeff? Randy? Chris Baron?.....
Moosegoose Nick
Ed, I'll DEFINATELY be there with the herd of Moose's. Hell, I may even buy a helmet just to go play on the track.
Randy
I just marked it on my brand new calender.

Ed always hosts a great event ..."little rockford".

If I win the 70's award again I think it's only fitting that you name the catagory after me
bmx-dad
Fellas Thanks for all the support I do this for FUN and love seeing all the people drool over our bikes.

Nick, I have a helmet you can use, The track has rental mentals as well....

You dont have to race ,but its fun Quadzilla and I usually fight for the last qualifier
Keep_It_Warm
I'm in.

I will be there...I'll try to bring at least 2-3 bikes.

Can we go drinkin' somewhere at some point?
ELF_DUDE
for right now i Might be there i have the wheels tore off my cruiser getting relaced so if it is done expect me there if the are not you still might see me there
will post later
Moosegoose Nick
Ed, I got a pretty big noggin. Maybe a small trash can will work..?
bmx-dad
OK same as last year If some ones interested in a vendor spot or want to help sponsor the show
e-mail me .The T-shirts and trophys arent printed yet so we can get your name on them. Any help would be great the track lets us use the space for free and the rest is on me.

Any one in the local area who might have some junk bikes with one piece cranks that they need to trash i have an idea for trophy's e-mail me

Nick home depo carrys metal or rubber whats your choice?

ED
Capt. Nemo
Sounds like fun. Do we have to be a member of the ABA to race in the old school race?
C&S-SUNNYMEAD-BIKE-SHOP
where is this track i'm in riverside calif i use to race at Corona Down hill when i was young and norco YMCA back in the early 80's love the old folks and the tail gate parties i'm in Moreno valley my father owned C&S bike shop from 1972--2002
bmx-dad
The track is in HOBART INDIANA far from CAli.

No you dont need to be a member -the Race for life is a fund raiser for the luekiemia society we will make our own moto of oldschoolers,This year the race will be a min. of $5.00 donation to the luekiemia society.The ABA web site can explain how the fund raiser works www.ababmx.com .

Keep It Warm - There is a Restraunt in front of the track that serves The guys usually get together at some time durring the day and eat. No alcohol is allowed in the track.

If you get directions off the web site get them for the INDOOR,My buddy ended up at the out door tack and missed the hole show last year.

ED
bmxdad3
Ed, call me if you need help.......
Ryan
bmx-dad
I have been told there might be a B.S. OPEN on this day ,I have not confirming this yet .

If there is I will leave it to you guys to decide if we should have our own moto or run with these guys.

Let me know what you's think? ED
J A Miller
I am considering coming down for Friday night practice (FEB 10) and staying over for Saturday as well. Potentially bringing the family. Any suggestions on a decent hotel with a pool for the kids?
bmxdad3
Portage has both a new Hampton and a Holiday Inn Express not sure if the have an indoor pool though.
ELF_DUDE
mmmmmmm hampton INN thats magic words to my ear free breakfast
ELF_DUDE
the hampton Inn has pool fitness wireless interent handicap access for the drinkers there is one in portage and one in merriville IN and dont forget the free breakfast

hampton hotels
bmx-dad
There is a Residence inn by marriott in merriville, Very nice and clean with a pool and easy access to I-65.

Also I see the post is up for the B.S. open in Bmx racing forum, I think we will still have our own moto's for the lazy guys like myself....

ED
Keep_It_Warm
I'm looking forward to it Ed. First time meeting you.
bmx-dad
As allways bring your parts and junk to sell or swap.

The consecion stand always has drinks and some hot food.

I am looking forward to meeting and see all the new faces out there.

Any suggestions lets hear them 37 days....

ED
BUB
The 30+ BS race is open to new school bikes, right? I was thinking about coming down/over to race. I've got an old school cruiser but I'm pretty sure it'll shatter on the first jump. Either way, it sounds fun!
PEP
just Keep the red bull supply in the consecion stands & we're golden.

Can't wait to see the gang again. gonna be killer
Randy
The Old School race has always been just that, old bikes only, and I vote it stays that way.

I made the main in 2003 with a coaster brake

[ January 06, 2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Randy ]
bmxdad3
Pep,

there should be some of that der Red Bull. be good to see you again, never made it to your get together, wife couldn't handle the trip,
Randy, second that vote- old school MEANS old school

ryan
Jason_L
I think y'all are talking about two separate races. The Old School race should be Old School for certain, but I think the BS race is just an over 30 open wheel race. Am I correct Gene?
bmxdad3
yes they are 2 different races, just want to be clear on the old school race requirements.....

ryan
Todzilla
I'll definately be there. Had a great time last year.
Moosegoose Nick
Vintage race as in flats with one foot starts?
bmxdad3
that is how it has been in the past so it probably will stay that way... Ed correct me if I'm wrong
bmx-dad
Yes - one foot down with flats, also after several P.M.s I want to add your bike must be vintage 20 years old or older (1986).You can ride what ever 20", 24", 26", Stingray, one mag one spoked wheel?

I am not trying to discourage the B.S. open guys but this is a vintage race.

Also there should be enough time so guys racing the vintage race can also race the B.S. or there class if they want. I am going to see how we can set that up.

ED
Keep_It_Warm
Any new info Ed? I'm interested in finding out what time we can set up to "show" and how long the show/swap lasts. Trying to figure out which night to stay over.

Thanks
Tom
djbdb
ok, here's probably the world's dumbest question - is this indoor or outdoors?
J A Miller
indoor
PEP
Tom -

I believe we set up last year by noon. We left arounf midnight. It's a long day, but the racing is non stop & the display lasted about that long too.

Thank god for the dunkin donuts across the parking lot
Keep_It_Warm
Thanks Pep...so I'll stay Saturday night.
ELF_DUDE
ok guys booket my room so see ya there
Keep_It_Warm
Where'd you book, Elf?
Deanna
I just noticed this thread. I'm down for the no-clips race. I'm assuming females can race in it too?

I may be staying over also, let me know where you guys plan on staying, we could get a good group together and hang out.
Moosegoose Nick
Deanna, I think it would be great if you came down and raced. I know my daughters would love it.
Keep_It_Warm
Yea Deanna...it would be nice to meet you (again? did we meet back in the early 80's?)

I'm going to book my room tonight...I'll post where I made the reservation.

[ January 16, 2006, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Keep_It_Warm ]
MOREYRACING
Females can race, just not Factory riders. j/k Deanna. Jason_L are you going? I'll bring the Black PAtterson so you can repeat the win! djbdb - outdoor? in Feb? in Indiana? Are you showing up Miller?
J A Miller
Miller IS showing up!
MOREYRACING
I'm penciling in the date. Jeff feel free to leave your wing-things at home, sort of like those plastic chain covers.
MOREYRACING
Is the Cobra Local 77 President showing?
Keep_It_Warm
Sounds like a nice little gathering is forming here....should be fun.

Randy...you going?

This is only irresponsible speculation, but Chris Baron MAY try to make a guest appearance.
ELF_DUDE
KEEP it warm I booket at the hampton INN merriville IN
Jason_L
Jim, I'm not going to make it. I'll be in Guthrie the previous weekend, and a second weekend in a row away from home would not go over well. One of these years I'll make it back to regain the crown!
Keep_It_Warm
My reservation has been booked:

Hampton Inn - Portage, IN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.