Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: florida vbmx gathering
VintageBMX.com > BMX Events & Gatherings > Member Gatherings
Pages: 1, 2
Rick 3
looking to put something together for the ABA gator nationals, being held the January 21-22 in oldsmar (Tampa area). Any one with ideas?
brian1002
Bar-B-Que
lou
I have plans for that weekend. I`m out. Us east central Florida guys are getting together sometime next month for a dinner. We did it before and it was a blast. Hey Rick 3, would you want to host a BBQ in Feb-Mar? We always have one at that time. We hade BBQs in south Fl and east central. It`s time for that west coast to shine.
byron
Lou, we could do a cook-out, swap at our shop, he have been neatening it up lately.
Rick 3
lou, I would love to host a BBQ in feb-mar. the weather is better then any way. I have a large shop in Port Richey . Perfect for a swap meet and cook out. Let me know and we can pick the dates.
lou
How about this. The HUTCH KING emailed me. Were on for a January 28th for a VBMX dinner. Thats for our birthday thing. Probably no riding, just a dinner
We`ll have it in Orlando or Daytona or somewhere in between.
As for the BBQ. I think we should have it over on the west coast. Every BBQ we had was on the east side and none of the west side guys come to. It`s time for them to show what they have.
Byron, I`ll have the roof done by dinner time.
One more thing, lets have one at Byrons in the summer. It rains every day but with Byrons shop we`ll all be inside.
Florida Vaughn
Let me know if its around the Tampa Bay area...I may just show up....
lou
Rick, you are hosting the spring BBQ?!?!?!?!
bmxerpete
A Feb/ March VBMX bbq sounds great, as long as it's not Feb 25-26 (state race), March 25-26 (state race), or March 18-19 (Gatornationals). Any other weekend is cool.
lou
I bought Gator Nat tickets 3 years in a row and I still haven`t gone. Sick every time.
bmxerpete
Damn dude, that sucks. Don't get sick this year!
Florida Vaughn
Lou, theres no way you were on your death bed 3 years in a row....I'll buy your tickets form you this year....half price....
lou
1st time I forgot I had to go to NY.
2nd time I had the flu.
3rd time MINDGRAINE HEADACHE!!! I had 3 tickets but only my brother and I went. We made it up to Garlits and I said pull over, here comes breakfast.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!BARF!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick 3
Lou, florida Vaughn, Bmxerpete, byron; yes I will host a spring BBQ. My shop is in an Industrial Park, we use it to build old school hot rods. large enough for use to be inside. Plus lots of space outside. we could hold a swap meet and bike show. Trying to get my buddies band to play. lets pick a date.

Also I will speak to charlie at the Oldsmar track about a meeting/BBQ during the nationals.
lou
You`re the host with the nost Rick 3. Usually we have a BBQ during a Bike Week weekend. Would therebe some hot rods there too? I`ll bring the "Green Machine" (58 Plymouth) and rumblerdave will bring the shoebox.
byron
Could this be the new Southern Faction Official Pepper
http://www.redneckpepper.com/redneck-pepper-girls.htm

jerry a hutcher
i'm up for another jam...but why a dinner with no cruizin or bikes..lame....I wanna ride and check out rides and show some..thats what its about!!!
Pete we shreddin mia,or laud.this weekend???
TNJ'Sdad
sweet this is gonna be alot of fun.... melbourne faction reporting for the pre-party set up let us know what we need to do
bmxerpete
Sounds good...as long as it's not on any of the race weekends I'll be there.
Jerry...hells yeah bro- call me.
Rick 3
Lou, yes there will be hot rods there, 36 chevy rat sedan, and a few others. Definitely bring the Green Machine and the shoebox. Around bike week works for me the weekend before or after. Sorry took so long was out of town.
Rick 3
Jerry, I would love to have a show/swap and ride. we could to a street session and some flat land in the parking lot and jam with the band playin Eighties big hair rock"Van Halen Iron Madien". I could ste up a box and a mini ramp give me some ideas.
bmxerpete
Now you're talkin'!!! Box jumps rule!
Rick 3
Bmxpete, Glad your psyched, it would not be on a race weekend. Becuse we must race to live live to race. My e-mail is rcnichols3@ yhoo.com send me some contact info.
ColoredTuffs.com
This sounds cool!!
Florida Vaughn
Big Hair rocks....Poison, Cinderella, Crue etc.........

Sounds like a blast....

Ed I may have you bring as et of tuffs for my Schwinn 24.....

Whats the final dates

[ December 19, 2005, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Florida Vaughn ]
jerry a hutcher
Moshpit on bikes!!!hell yea...targets on ya rob!!!
ColoredTuffs.com
Vaughn...
Just let me know what you need, and I'll bring 'em!
Mr. Clean
hey what happened to the oldsmar gathering idea? I'm planning on going and would love to get together.
jesboogie
If you build it, they will come..

5 foot tall, 7.5 - 8 foot transition for the take off, an 8 foot deck, and a 13 - 15 foot transitioned landing, wider is better

What dates are we talking about exactly? Looking forward to hanging with the vtard southern faction crew again,

Jesse D
G-Flash
Lou I will follow u there so I don't get lost!!!
lou
I`ve been out to Port Ritchie about 8 years ago. I took 50 all the way to Spring Hill then it`s about 10-15 south from there. We used to go to cruisin at the Miami Subs on Wedsnday nights.
TNJ'Sdad
Jerry you soooo funny why am i the target!!!
this is gonna be fun cant wait to see you ll again...Rob
bo29
I'll be there too. All I can do is race around the parking lot with my clip shoes...but I'll give it a shot.

I was headint to the BBQ last March, but the race went long that night.
bmxerpete
I'm psyched- box jump...box jump...box jump...

Rick- have the band brush up on some old school Rush and Pantera too...jumping music!
jesboogie
Nothing beats Metallica for eating sh!t to. Do you have dates nailed down yet? Pete, I am bikepooling with you.

JesseD
jerry a hutcher
Oh hells yea!!When? new port ritchie?i have a bro in law up there..3 hr haul..eeewwwwww.. METALLICA PANTERA GODSMACK
lou
If we`re playing Pantera I might get on stage with an axe and jam with them. I used to play a mean Slayer, Megadeth, and ANTHRAX ANTHRAX ANTHRAX. I used to!!
How about the 1st weekend of March. Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th. Lets ALL AGREE this time. lol. I can do either days. Sunday would be my 1st pick.
Florida Vaughn
So, what is the latest.....
lou
That is the latest, post that is. lol. It seems that all the Floridians have been sleeping lately. No sponse on any of the Florida Gatherings threads. We are going to do this the 1st weekend of March, RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?! I`m all for it. We had a BBQ every year at HUTCH KING castle in Palm Coast. Since the KING is semi-retired the touch needs to be passed on.
jerry a hutcher
hey lou you missed the best one yet ,down way south.. i luv to host again...i think everyone wants the 4th july bash as a Anual event...
so the 1st week in march..is cool just let me know whare???
rob tells me you have the rear pegs for my cw that you painted..fantastic job bro!!
bmxerpete
We haven't been sleeping...we've been riding!
jesboogie
I heard That! Looking forward to march. Pete, hurry up with my lil crankset.

JD
jerry a hutcher
yea what pete said!!!
lou
quote:
rob tells me you have the rear pegs for my cw that you painted
Foiled again. lol. I still have em. I`m looking at them right now. What color do you want them? I didn`t paint them yet. Orange or black.
bo29
I htink the first weekend in March sounds cool. Somebody has to knock on Rick's mailbox so we can nail down the date.

Should I book Metallica for Saturday night?
fatoldracer
Whaaaaaazuuuuuuuuup?
Fat old Mark reporting for dooty!!! I love the term "Vtard" we need shirts with that incorporated into it somehow. I'll front for them if I get some ideas on designs. Count Teri and I in and I got some new toys to show off!!! I wanna make a Vintage DVD at each picnic from now on and make a little "Southern Faction" collection of clips, interviews, and general mischeif! Maybe even some good crash-and-burn action as us old farts try to act 14 again and try trick riding. I have a KILLER pic of TNJ's Dad eating dookie!!! Email me for the blackmail or I may post it if I get enough requests!!
Mark
jerry a hutcher
Yea he likes dookie!!! I'm glad you were not there sat nite (with your camera that is)cause i ate it on federal hwy and took the bar end to the gut...Took me a 1/2 hr to gather myself together after that.....
Give me a call mark..954-609-6280..laters...
And yes man post it..It would be worthy of its own thread...
TNJ'Sdad
you all suck esp you jerry lol marc you old fart call me first ill pay the ransome for that pic...lol
jerry a hutcher
you dont have enough money rob!!!!
MARK POST THAT MUTHA!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.