Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minnesota 80's racing, stories,people and pics
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > The Tracks We Raced
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161
JoeLamarsh
Haven't baked a recycled cake in a while, but figured I should this time. I'm sure you realize that's not your azz-age..yet it would be another long past tail to share with others at the Condo.

Best wishes DC, and thanks for the Photo-card thank you I got in the mail today from you and Cal. No thanks needed though. Brotherly love is what it is.

mikeauman

HAPPY B-DAY MR.DC 46 YEARS YOUNG
donny1
Happy B-day Dave......
WBL BMXer - aka Chucky
Happy Birthday Dave. Hope you had a great day.
mikeauman
How was the racing this weekend?

Hope there was some good racing.
Bryan Franklin
Have a great birthday Speedy!

Justin Miller
Russ showed up in New Ulm today for the RCQ. He missed the first moto because he decided to change a gear. In the main him and I were neck and neck right next to each other going up the triple in the first straight. I lost control and crashed. My timing was all wrong going into it triple and I tried to manual. Landed on my shoulder and went to the ER. No broken bones but need to get it looked at more. It is pretty messed up so I will likely be done for the season. It feels like it keeps poping in and out. My work is closed all this coming week, and I can still work just might be a bit uncomfortable.

Never had Vicadin until today. That stuff really works!

I forget the other guy's name we were racing but both him and Russ were awesome guys before and after the crash. I am just glad I did not take either of them out with me. I am pretty bummed. I had 8 1st places and 1 second place so far this year and my season is basically over. My sons bedroom is bare studs right now along with both stairwells in my house. I have a lot of projects that will be put on hold for a while. I am not the type of person to sit around and relax, so it is going to be a difficult healing process for me.
Paul Springer
Sorry to hear about your crash Justin, especially on your birthday! Happy birthday bud...

I just got off the phone with Russ and he filled me in so I decided to go post it and you beat me to it.

One of the other guys in your moto was Keith Christianson and I am not sure of your 4th, I think it was a track volunteer just rolling around if Russ had it right (?)

Heal fast and I hope to see you soon! good3.gif

QUOTE (Justin Miller @ Jun 28 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Russ showed up in New Ulm today for the RCQ. He missed the first moto because he decided to change a gear. In the main him and I were neck and neck right next to each other going up the triple in the first straight. I lost control and crashed. My timing was all wrong going into it triple and I tried to manual. Landed on my shoulder and went to the ER. No broken bones but need to get it looked at more. It is pretty messed up so I will likely be done for the season. It feels like it keeps poping in and out. My work is closed all this coming week, and I can still work just might be a bit uncomfortable.

Never had Vicadin until today. That stuff really works!

I forget the other guy's name we were racing but both him and Russ were awesome guys before and after the crash. I am just glad I did not take either of them out with me. I am pretty bummed. I had 8 1st places and 1 second place so far this year and my season is basically over. My sons bedroom is bare studs right now along with both stairwells in my house. I have a lot of projects that will be put on hold for a while. I am not the type of person to sit around and relax, so it is going to be a difficult healing process for me.

Justin Miller
QUOTE (Paul Springer @ Jun 28 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Sorry to hear about your crash Justin, especially on your birthday! Happy birthday bud...

I just got off the phone with Russ and he filled me in so I decided to go post it and you beat me to it.

One of the other guys in your moto was Keith Christianson and I am not sure of your 4th, I think it was a track volunteer just rolling around if Russ had it right (?)

Heal fast and I hope to see you soon! good3.gif

The 4th guy was Willie Wurtz, The TO in New Ulm.
mikeauman
Sound like it was tough racing this weekend for justin,hope you heal up ok.
WBL BMXer - aka Chucky
Sorry to hear about your crash Justin. Get some rest this week, take care of that shoulder, and you should be okay soon.

MN2Z
Thanks for all the B-Day wishes! Just a good camping weekend with the kids! Baker Park™ has a great paved bike path for nice AM ride!! ~ View photo inserts. See you all @ Condo® ~ I hope the Sand Kid is camping?

mikeauman
We raced last night at rumriver,and I had good time with the younger group,those guys are fast.

1. lindsy
2. auman
3. ty nelson
4. aron zadon
5. don kern

donny1
QUOTE (mikeauman @ Jul 1 2009, 01:03 PM) *
We raced last night at rumriver,and I had good time with the younger group,those guys are fast.

1. lindsy
2. auman
3. ty nelson
4. aron zadon
5. don kern

I had a good time as well, even though I got LAST.....
I think it's time I invest in some clipless pedals...I am just very scared of crashing in them..
Paul Springer
Nice racing guys!

Kraker and I went out there to volunteer some time working on the track list. We pulled some weeds, heated and packed some tar, repaired some erroded clay and hung some banner hang bar. That track is SWEET and FAST, those tar berms a nuts. We rode for a bit and had a great time. The volunteer turn out at Isanti is awesome, great people. good3.gif
donny1
QUOTE (Paul Springer @ Jul 1 2009, 10:53 PM) *
Nice racing guys!

Kraker and I went out there to volunteer some time working on the track list. We pulled some weeds, heated and packed some tar, repaired some erroded clay and hung some banner hang bar. That track is SWEET and FAST, those tar berms a nuts. We rode for a bit and had a great time. The volunteer turn out at Isanti is awesome, great people. good3.gif

That track is sweet, and your right, the help they get is incredible....Kevin is great guy.....
trackdady
Thanks guys for coming to the track and lending a hand... we are only as good as the people who help each and every week to make things run. We are really blessed with the excitement that everyone brings to our community while making the track great. We have a dream as they say and we are only in the begining phases of the "plan." I was looking through some old photo's and data on the races and the transformation has been amazing to be part of. We are racing tonight and next Tuesday so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again for coming up and spending some time at RR it is always appreciated and welcomed.

trackdady
Mercado
QUOTE (mikeauman @ Jul 1 2009, 01:03 PM) *

1. lindsy
2. auman
3. ty nelson
4. aron zadon
5. don kern

Is there anything near the same zipcode as Shakopee???? I guess I could use my frequent flyer miles....
WBL BMXer - aka Chucky
QUOTE (Mercado @ Jul 2 2009, 06:34 AM) *
Is there anything near the same zipcode as Shakopee???? I guess I could use my frequent flyer miles....

Gary, get your butt over to Faribault on a Thursday night. We have a great group of cruiser riders that show up every week.

Kevin, you and the volunteers have done an incredible job with the Rum River track. Thanks for all the hard work.
donny1
QUOTE (trackdady @ Jul 2 2009, 06:05 AM) *
Thanks guys for coming to the track and lending a hand... we are only as good as the people who help each and every week to make things run. We are really blessed with the excitement that everyone brings to our community while making the track great. We have a dream as they say and we are only in the begining phases of the "plan." I was looking through some old photo's and data on the races and the transformation has been amazing to be part of. We are racing tonight and next Tuesday so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again for coming up and spending some time at RR it is always appreciated and welcomed.

trackdady

I wanted to come help but family duties called. We went to see the movie "Monsters Vs. Aliens" with our 4 year old.
I will be there tonight for the races. C-ya there...
WBL BMXer - aka Chucky
QUOTE (donny1 @ Jul 2 2009, 08:00 AM) *
I wanted to come help but family duties called. We went to see the movie "Monsters Vs. Aliens" with our 4 year old.
I will be there tonight for the races. C-ya there...

Good luck racing this weekend Don. Keep us posted on what happens.
Justin Miller
Finally saw the Ortho today. I have a 1st defree seperation. I should be back at it in 6 weeks. I wont have my three qualifiers in, but plan to race the state race at the end of Aug.
bigrig
Me and my boys had tons of fun at toads cove in centerville WI tonight. By far, one of the top 3 tracks in the midwest!
I got 2nd in class racing with the young guns
Ted got 3rd racing 12 year olds
Ben got 2nd-just a hair off 1st place racing 9 year old.

Perfect racing weather tonight!

by the way, every MN rider should come here for the Redline Cup in August -you will not be disappointed.
King of Pipeline
Here's some Mankato action.. KOP leading the way..
trackdady
Hey guys....

For all the riders who came out to Rum River BMX tonight thanks... It was a great night of racing, we hoped you enjoyed the show. We just found out tonight that we have earned the right to host the Minnesota State Finals!!! We are excited to be able to bring Isanti hospitality to you the racing public.

Also breaking news... KQRS.. KQ92 will be in the house for Land O'Lakes Nationals.

Stay tuned for more details on the finals and the nationals as we hope to see you all attend.

JoeLamarsh
It Sounds like Faribault had a great showing of old guys tonight and a GREAT turnout overall!

It's all coming together for Minnesota BMX....

Good job to all MN Tracks!!
JoeLamarsh
QUOTE (trackdady @ Jul 2 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Hey guys....

For all the riders who came out to Rum River BMX tonight thanks... It was a great night of racing, we hoped you enjoyed the show. We just found out tonight that we have earned the right to host the Minnesota State Finals!!! We are excited to be able to bring Isanti hospitality to you the racing public.

Also breaking news... KQRS.. KQ92 will be in the house for Land O'Lakes Nationals.

Stay tuned for more details on the finals and the nationals as we hope to see you all attend.

Missed this!

GREAT JOB ISANTI!
MN2Z
Wow! What a tremendous job at the Rum River® BMX track! Very nice, fast! All those that have put in the time – great job! Congratulations on the State Race well deserved.

Race Results: All I can say “That A-Z ~ Aaron Zadon guy is Fast!” Again, Big Block™ Auman just smokes (what brand?) on the track. Next time I’ll need to tighten my helmet he makes my head spin. Good Fun!

S.K., what do you do with these tickets?

B. Apold
Hey all.... Its been to long! Vacation, Graduation and Grad party, work x 10, etc... Hope to make part of the Condo..

Also, I Decided to sell my son's Micro GT and get him somthing else. I bought this bike from Mr Springer a few years ago, painted'r up, etc. Its a 2000 GT Micro. Nice bike. 150.00 OBO...

Brad
bnd
Hello my Minnesota bros!
I was taking some time off from V after posting my 6000th thread/reply/post but I decided I needed to touch base with you guys before seeing some of you next week. I'll be in town Wednesday, fishing up north w/ Russ's Dad on Thursday then we will be heading down on Friday & spending the night somewhere. Anybody have any leads on a decent hotel with king size beds?
If I've never met you before just look for me & Russ sporting these new cowboy hats I'm bringing from Utah, ready to saddle up Russ?

Holla back!
Bruce Ritter, 41-45 cruiser, SLC, Utah...... baby!
JoeLamarsh
Brokeback Bruce!

Looking forward to seeing you!
bnd
Don't know what you mean by that............I'm happily married with a kid(?)

.....& oh yeah, I meant to say "king size bed" not "beds".
Russ is on the internet now & is working his way into joining us here shortly.

b.
B. Apold
I knew there was a reason Russ drove a Saab. tongue.gif j/k
bnd
It's been 2 long years since Iv'e seen Russ & the sight of him driving up curbside at the airport to pick me up will probebly make me Saab......... cool.gif

b.
trackdady
QUOTE (MN2Z @ Jul 3 2009, 07:22 AM) *
Wow! What a tremendous job at the Rum River® BMX track! Very nice, fast! All those that have put in the time – great job! Congratulations on the State Race well deserved.

Race Results: All I can say “That A-Z ~ Aaron Zadon guy is Fast!” Again, Big Block™ Auman just smokes (what brand?) on the track. Next time I’ll need to tighten my helmet he makes my head spin. Good Fun!

S.K., what do you do with these tickets?

MN2Z - after the 10X class races you take that awsome looking ticket to the prize window and you can get a nifty trophy, Rum River Dollars, or saver stamps. biggrin.gif

It was great to see you on Thursday.. I hope to see you more in the future. You will need to watch out though there is some crazy guy who annouces while he is racing and he totally dominates. Well he dominates some of the 4 year old novice class. Ok.. he pretty much sucks but its a fun show.

donny1
QUOTE (bnd @ Jul 3 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Hello my Minnesota bros!
I was taking some time off from V after posting my 6000th thread/reply/post but I decided I needed to touch base with you guys before seeing some of you next week. I'll be in town Wednesday, fishing up north w/ Russ's Dad on Thursday then we will be heading down on Friday & spending the night somewhere. Anybody have any leads on a decent hotel with king size beds?
If I've never met you before just look for me & Russ sporting these new cowboy hats I'm bringing from Utah, ready to saddle up Russ?

Holla back!
Bruce Ritter, 41-45 cruiser, SLC, Utah...... baby!

I might ride faster if these guy's are behind me....LOL.
mikeauman
WOW....Thats something I did not know about russ and bruce,But hey it is 2009.I know you guys have been
freinds along time,but you two must be real close freinds.
bnd
Close doesn't describe the friendship.....dare I say "bond" that two grown men like ourselves share. It's a beautiful thing. G'night.

b.
warlordofmn
QUOTE (bnd @ Jul 4 2009, 12:00 AM) *
Close doesn't describe the friendship.....dare I say "bond" that two grown men like ourselves share. It's a beautiful thing. G'night.

b.

Bruce it will be great to see you. But the bond thing was our secret. Ive been training for the Condo since I lost 1st place by about 2" last year. I need to redeem myself. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif wub.gif
bnd
Do you like the hats I picked out? Iv'e got some matching wrist bands & ankle bracelets too if you want them. Let me know! wub.gif

b.
mikeauman
hey bruce,it will be great to see you.It's been a long time.
bnd
Hi Mike, Yeah it's going to great seeing alot of you again. It also looks like the comp there has stepped it up from 2 years ago. Fortunatly I've been racing on a regular basis here & feel like I'm riding better than I was then, we shall see. So when is the Condo race?
Check back later,

b.
warlordofmn
QUOTE (bnd @ Jul 4 2009, 10:55 AM) *
Hi Mike, Yeah it's going to great seeing alot of you again. It also looks like the comp there has stepped it up from 2 years ago. Fortunatly I've been racing on a regular basis here & feel like I'm riding better than I was then, we shall see. So when is the Condo race?
Check back later,

b.

That stuff is great but dont forget the thongs. blush.gif
JoeLamarsh
Welcome Russ!

Condo details will be released Sunday night when people are back home around their computers.

Condo is on Friday
bnd
QUOTE (warlordofmn @ Jul 4 2009, 04:03 PM) *
That stuff is great but dont forget the thongs. blush.gif

It's like you can read my mind or something............."t"-back & in hot pink? That would be a bonus as it would match the trim on my cruiser.

b.
turbotim
whats the faribault track like.overgrown like the pics on ATR or did they redo it
bnd
It would be cool if the Condo motos were run in a Pro (scramble?) format. That would allow us to race three times against different racks of guys & gals. After 3rd moto you tally up the low points & you move on. That's how we do our no-clips races. Just saying. smile.gif

b.
B. Apold
QUOTE (bnd @ Jul 5 2009, 12:51 AM) *
It would be cool if the Condo motos were run in a Pro (scramble?) format. That would allow us to race three times against different racks of guys & gals. After 3rd moto you tally up the low points & you move on. That's how we do our no-clips races. Just saying. smile.gif

b.

But thats how some race all the time.... Would that be an unfair advantage tongue.gif ?
JoeLamarsh
QUOTE (turbotim @ Jul 4 2009, 06:28 PM) *
whats the faribault track like.overgrown like the pics on ATR or did they redo it

They have redone the track, and the weeds are nothing like they use to be
JoeLamarsh

CONDO CLASSIC DETAILS HERE

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.