Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool bike, cooler story....Gary Littlejohn 26"
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
NFR5111
I picked this up today in lovely, sunny NH....a Gary Littlejohn 26".

The seller told me that he was working in a body shop here in NH around 1980 when Gary Littlejohn's father, John, came in to have some bodywork on his car (A Ford LTD if I remember correctly). Mr. Littlejohn was from this area, that I already knew. The seller was young, and Mr. Littlejohn was so impressed with his work that he paid for the car work and gave him this bike.

This is the 2nd GLJ that I have run into that was given to the owner directly by Mr. Littlejohn. It seems like he was pretty generous with Gary's bikes!!

The decals are in really nice shape considering this sat outside for a long, long time. The brown is an original color, and the seller said that the color actually was lighter and darker in places on this.

Who's up for one hell of a project? LOL

NFR5111

NFR5111

vettefan
sweet find, i love those cruisers ! i am trying to thin my collection down or i would be interested. also , thanks for the hub, got it last week, i have been quite busy. take care tom !
mikkopeters
That is AWESOME!!!
Completely decked out! That will be one sweet ride.
What is the status of the seatmast tubing down by the BB?
rumblerdave
Wow, that thing's cool! Good score.
That seat looks dangerous, though... scary...
Yasser
Awesome, now thats old school. Cant wait to see it built.
Dirty
That is pretty cool...I don't think I have ever seen that color.

Tony
agentheinz
Yeah, what happened to the rear wheel, and the seat tube? Both dented OUT. Wooff...

It does have potential though, and it deserves to be restored. I think that's a bit rough for a survivor, LOL.

Most of the parts look to still be in decent shape.
Jamal Spelling
Sweet Score!
Thanks for the knee trembler..
Wow! Love it.
gnarlyman
What's the history on that seat? Was this safe, comfortable, heavy???

Gnarly ride!!!
NFR5111
It kinda looks like an old Brooks to me, but I can't find any markings on it. I think the seat is almost as cool as the bike, its still very stiff and I think with a little love it could still very well be useable.
Bill
quote:
It seems like he was pretty generous with Gary's bikes!!

They weren't Gary's bikes. they were his own.

John Littlejohn ran the East Coast division of Gary Littlejohn BMX and was based in Hudson, New Hampshire. He had his own factory team and co-sponsored riders throughout the Northeast. Gary handled the West Coast scene and the manufacturing division.

He passed away a few years ago. .

John
spankypayne
Hello, Im friends with Gary Little John!!! He has asked me to sell some of his bikes that he did in the late 70's .. I have a boys 26" Beach Cruiser. Been sitting needs paint but comes with stickers that are meant for it. The Bill of Sale will be wrote and signed by Gary Little John. I will be posting it on ebay soon.

ALSO I THINK BILL WROTE HE WAS DEAD.. NOT TRUE!!!

any questions write to me
aeh88@comcast.net
spankypayne
QUOTE (Bill @ May 6 2007, 10:24 AM) *
</font>
<font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It seems like he was pretty generous with Gary's bikes!!
</font><hr />
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They weren't Gary's bikes. they were his own.

John Littlejohn ran the East Coast division of Gary Littlejohn BMX and was based in Hudson, New Hampshire. He had his own factory team and co-sponsored riders throughout the Northeast. Gary handled the West Coast scene and the manufacturing division.

He passed away a few years ago. .

John

I just talked to Gary they were not his dad's. Gary set his dad up with a shop to sell his bikes.. They are made by Gary...
NhArcher
QUOTE (spankypayne @ May 4 2012, 08:10 AM) *
I just talked to Gary they were not his dad's. Gary set his dad up with a shop to sell his bikes.. They are made by Gary...

I rode for Hetzer's bike shop and sponsered by Gary's dad, John. At the time, there were 3 of us riding 20" bikes.
We kicked butt in the Northeast back then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.