Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repops
VintageBMX.com > VintageBMX Talk > Vintage BMX Racing
retrodave
As a SE dealer I support TL and SE in this.
RCain
Scroll down to "Todd Lyons-..."

its already been hashed out and locked down.

unfortunatly right before I was about to make a startling announcement reguarding the topic, which I will now reserve.
Todd Lyons
Retro Dave,
Thanks for the support. I would think anyone with good morals and stuff would support a company in protecting its trademark. Cool.

-Todd Lyons
SE Brand Manager
unfitskip
I think repop is a stupid word. Now everybody lets fight about it.
CowasockeeSteve
What about the turnip truck?
HinkDog411
TL,

I don't know why folks are getting upset. Again, protecting trademarks is nothing new. No Fear has done it for years. They have a crew of folks that go around specifically looking for fakes. I'm behind you on this one. But, if someone makes some for their own bike, not for resale or trade, they just want to make their bike look original, I see no real harm, especially if there are no originals being sold by the trademark owner. If they are making them solely as a marketing product (i.e: for sale), then that is trademark infringement and should be stopped.

Just my two cents.

Some of us DO understand, Todd, we got your back.

-HinkDog
agentheinz
And we know you're about the BMX. You'll make sure that there are decals available, I'm sure, if you didn't care you wouldn't be a sponsor of the site.
the_wheelie_king
Hi Todd

So I guess the six million dollar question is: are you going to be manufacturing genuine old school decal sets now you've shut down the people selling the repops?
Todd Lyons
Ah, yes. That indeed is the six million dollar question now, isn't it? I have been COMPLETELY aware of all of the repop/counterfeit/bootleg SE stickers for quite some time. And I have ALWAYS planned on putting a stop to it. But not BEFORE I had a plan of attack to license out the rights to ONE company to make 100% authorized SE approved decals. These decals will be the REAL deal. They will be high quality, exact replicas and approved by SE.

Who have we granted the rights to? Keep it tuned here. The readers of Vintage may be the first ones to find out.

-Todd Lyons
SE Brand Manager

ps- Anyone know the website for that shady character, Jesse Vargas? What's his company called?
retrodave
If I KNEW. yOU WOULD BE THE FIRST TO KNOW......
CowasockeeSteve
But.........what about the Turnip truck?!
retrodave
Will I be able to sell them at my shop? Can I get through my rep? Please let me know, this is great. I just hope that I get first crack at the first run. A little something for my collection you know... something to put next to the 83 se hanging on the wall in my home office. Yes, I raced it in the 80's. npsa baby!!!!!!
Ted Carl
Now tell em Todd, ...Those of us who stood up for you in the other thread (Tim, Hal, Rick, Myself, etc..), and backed you with fervor, are getting some free sets of authorized decals fresh off the line!

LOL.......
retrodave
This is a damn good subject. lets talk. Don't hold your toung. Let it fly my brothers. Opions are like a-holes. everybodys got one. Good or bad ,let it rip.
CowasockeeSteve
I was actually able to produce PROOF that the repro's in question weren't of adequate quality. (sized wrong) I know the OE's fit 'cause I peeled them off myself.
Now what I've got is LANDINGEAR forks.
Todd Lyons
It felt good to see all of the people with SE's back regarding us protecting our trademarks. Some of those guys like Art29 should thank their lucky stars that they weren't shut down years ago. I have been busy with many more important things, like designing bikes, traveling the world, competing, being team manager, desinging ads & catalogs, blah, blah, blah.

It's not like putting a stop to the counterfeit SE stuff was my first responsibilty as Brand Manager. But it was always on my radar. And wouldn't you know it? I finally had some time this week to sign up for E-Bay's VERO (Verified Rights Owners program) tool. Now when I see any of the bootleg SE stuff, it's as simple as hitting a button. Then they are warned by E-Bay and the item is de-listed. And I think if it happens 2 more times to the same person, then they are kicked off E-Bay for good.

It's very simple. And when/if any of you see any bootleg SE crap on E-Bay, feel free to forward the link to me at tlyons@sebmx.com. I'll zap 'em!

Oh, and no matter how much I try to remember. I don't think I ever fell off a turnip truck....

-TL
retrodave
No it was you who did a back flip over it
CowasockeeSteve
Lmao.
Signed,
Steve w/LANDINGEAR
Todd Lyons
I aways thought you were short a "G"...

-TL
CowasockeeSteve
At least.
retrodave
Atleasted what? Whats wrong? A lyon got your tounge?
RCain
Did a little research for you Todd

quote:
ps- Anyone know the website for that shady character, Jesse Vargas? What's his company called?

VRP racing
ebay username "mickeyracer66"

[ February 04, 2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]
g-mack
Todd, I applaud the push toward authenticity, but please try to keep the prices reasonable. Remember, this is just a hobby and many on this site are SE's oldest and most loyal fans. Thanks.
raybeard
quote:
I hope Jesse's not your licensed retailer. You'll loose a lot of sales to people with morals.
Capt. Nemo
I'm with you 100% Todd, keep up the great work. What kind of support team would the Terror Squad be if we weren't backing yours and SE's call.
STODD
quote:
Bwah hah hah hah hah hah!

Todd made a funny!
DMG
quote:
I can't wait for this!

It should turn out like this for Jesse Vargas!

HinkDog411
LMAO!!!! (Not like the guy in the picture, thankfully!)

Butt seriously, that picture is just wrong on SOOOOOO many levels!

Todd, again, 100% support on protecting the brand.

-HinkDog
Todd Lyons
Man, that's a funny pic up there.

VRP (Jesse Cargas) is NOT authorized to make ANY SE parts, frames, stickers, etc. I am not "going after him," but I definitely want to keep an eye on what he's doing and what he's trying to pass off as SE.

Thanks for having my back, guys. The official repro SE stuff will not be at crazy prices. Don't worry about that. Anyone have a guess as to who we have given the rights to?....
Todd Lyons
Man, that's a funny pic up there.

VRP (Jesse Cargas) is NOT authorized to make ANY SE parts, frames, stickers, etc. I am not "going after him," but I definitely want to keep an eye on what he's doing and what he's trying to pass off as SE.

Thanks for having my back, guys. The official repro SE stuff will not be at crazy prices. Don't worry about that. Anyone have a guess as to who we have given the rights to?....
CowasockeeSteve
RetroDave, Todd said he knew I was a 'G' short.

I said, "At least" (a 'G' short)

signed,
Steve w/LANDINGEAR
www.martin-bike.com
JESSE VARGAS IS A COMMON THIEF. Not likely he's passing anything off . . . he just keeps the money and doesn't send the goods.

Martin
Nana
Can anyone guess who i am giving the rights too?

Can i hazzard a guess

Someone on this site perhaps
bbohlmann
I know that Alfred at Retro-Fit was trying to work out a deal with SE - hopefully this means its all signed, sealed and delivered!!

Bring back the camo!!

- Bob
BRIAN HAYS
TL, after an initial knee jerk reaction on page one of the first thread, Hal and Tim posted opinions and facts that made me understand what was up. I'm on board and glad you are "keeping it real" I'm a HUGE SE fan and can't wait to buy some decal sets and pad sets. I've bought a ton of repo stuff without ever thinking about it because it was what was available easily at the time. i know that doesn't make it right but that's how it went down for me.

Alfred has some good stuff. If it is him, maybe that means he'll finally finish his website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.