Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Not Eddie Roman
post Mar 31 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #62

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

Wow, most of you guys have better long-term memories than I do.

1) 1984 Hutch Trick Star, chrome
2) 1985?
3) 14? (if it was '85—no worries, I know how old I am)
4) No longer with us.

It was one of the early ones (no fork pegs) that a friend owned—then his mom ran it over. The frame was fine, the fork was trashed. I sent it back to Hutch, and after waiting a month (at least) with no word, I bought a candy apple red replacement from a local shop. Roughly three months after THAT, a Trick Star II fork showed up in the mail.

I had it set up with white Skyway E-Z bars, red freewheel Tuffs, and some sort of white tires. In '88 or '89 I replaced the Tuffs with an RL Edge wheelset (from Trend) with the RL hub. Not long after that, I found a crack in the downtube near the gusset and sent it back to Hutch. They must have gone out of business (or changed ownership) around the same time, because I never heard from them again.

After that I built up some sort of warranty replacement Schwinn Predator frame with all my FS stuff including the Skyway bars and red fork, and rode it for a year or so before it was stolen from in front of my dorm at the University of Delaware. Then I went through a variety of hand-me-down frames, including a first-generation MCS Styler, an '85 Sport, an '85 Master, a GT Aggressor, a GT PFT and a pair of bashguard Bullys. Pretty much all of those broke.

I do have a chrome Trick Star of the same vintage as my original one now, but it's built up very differently—more of a vague Mike D. replica. No way I could have afforded to build up my original bike this way.

(IMG:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/noteddieroman/trickstar215.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 04:17 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees