Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1988 Raleigh Shock, Found myself a Raleigh Shock
mweis
post Sep 28 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,742

Spotted this the other day and $25 later it is mine. Cool bike, but not a lot of info out there about the Raleigh freestyle bikes. It is a Tri-moly frame and the quality looks very nice. Possibly an Anlun made frame, but do not know for sure. Looking to get away from the faded yellow parts and go with some pink. I have the original wheels as well, which seem to be in prettey good shape. Any input on this model would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File  RaleighShock.3.jpg ( 59.48K ) Number of downloads: 68
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bosanova Bill
post Sep 29 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #2

A Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,551

Nice find.

+Quote Post
Mike-G
post Apr 12 2013, 10:33 PM
Post #3

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,442

QUOTE (mweis @ Sep 28 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Spotted this the other day and $25 later it is mine. Cool bike, but not a lot of info out there about the Raleigh freestyle bikes. It is a Tri-moly frame and the quality looks very nice. Possibly an Anlun made frame, but do not know for sure. Looking to get away from the faded yellow parts and go with some pink. I have the original wheels as well, which seem to be in prettey good shape. Any input on this model would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File  RaleighShock.3.jpg ( 59.48K ) Number of downloads: 68

I had this as my first freestyle bike-after my Norco spitfire turbo was stolen, I decided to try out a freestyle bike and the insurance paid for this-mine was grey trim and white-from my understanding were only sold to Canadian bike distributors. Very heavy bike-I swapped out many parts on it to lighten it. Don't know what it was made from though? Nice find though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:21 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees