Reply to this topicStart new topic
Time Machine: Rack-by-Rack Re-cap of the Olympic Semis
MikeCarruth
post Aug 11 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

Some may think the action from the Olympic semifinals is already "old news," since we know how the final turned out.

I wrestled with that last night after posting our re-cap of the medal round, and decided to go ahead with our original plan to cover all four events (Seeding, Quarters, Semis and Final). I think the twists and turns in the semis were compelling enough to make them a stand-alone story.

So I spent the balance of the day yesterday writing up a proper story on what happened.

Here's an excerpt from the Third round of the first rack:

The medics were with Alise in a split-second, and she was understandably shaken to the core. Physical pain was in the background, as she began to crawl her way to her feet to finish the lap, still clutching the handlebars of her Redline. She lost balance and fell to the ground. It was, at the same time, a heartbreaking sight to see, but also one that literally brought a tearful pride for us here in the States.

(IMG:http://www.bmxnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/alise_finish_semi.jpg)
They were not going to let her take a second-go at riding off, but we know Alise was saying "I have to finish...I have to cross the line..." we just know it. She was helped, on foot, by a medic, over the final few rollers, and across the finish line, so she could complete what she set out to do. Whatever was to take place in the main event, THIS display of courage and finishing what she started was, indeed, the heart and soul of what it means to be an Olympian.

Read the Rest on BMXNEWS.COM

Enjoy!

M
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:12 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees