Reply to this topicStart new topic
THE best female rider ever, Hands down
BS
post Jul 9 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #16

The other CA10

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,545

That's rad that you guys have your faves (and I would even agree with you on many of them) but it almost seems like you guys aren't even watching the video. Joey Gough does things that pretty much no other woman I've ever seen can do on a bike. Maybe she's not as good a "racer" as Cheri, etc. was/is in her day but she is a major beast on the bike. I don't know for sure but I would bet that no other female can do what she is doing on a bike.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MeredithJL
post Jul 9 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #17

AA Pro

Member No.: 17,979

QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Jul 9 2012, 04:57 PM) *
We arent talking titles here... we are talking BMX RIDER. BF didnt have many titles...But he was and is considered one of the top in whatever he did... and can ride anything, race anything.
That's the criteria were talking, I think... or at least that's what I meant. I haven't seen any lady ride with the style, finesse, and overall ability that Joey does. Oh,,,, forgot to mention she is in the "old" category.... 30+. yeehaa

Oh, I see where this is going. If you've never seen it, it can't possibly be true or have ever happened, lol.

Joey Gough is amazingly talented. Cheri Elliot was amazing in her time as well. Why not leave it at that. They're both trailblazers for the women of the sport in their own way. Unless, of course, you just feel like fighting about this topic in addition to fighting over the size of the pro set at South Park, LOL.

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Jul 9 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #18

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

QUOTE (MeredithJL @ Jul 10 2012, 01:10 AM) *
Oh, I see where this is going. If you've never seen it, it can't possibly be true or have ever happened, lol.

Joey Gough is amazingly talented. Cheri Elliot was amazing in her time as well. Why not leave it at that. They're both trailblazers for the women of the sport in their own way. Unless, of course, you just feel like fighting about this topic in addition to fighting over the size of the pro set at South Park, LOL.

come on now... I didnt say that meredith, you know that. I have seen oodels of vids of Anne Caro, Seen Cindy, Michele Cairns, Brooke, just about any name you can bring up besides Cheri, her, I can only rely on vids and pics. Im on the same page as BS on this one.... comon, she rides like an elite man on the track, and completely at ease at the trails sith inverts, xups, tire grabs, motowhips both ways over steep, huge trails jumps.
is she the greatest racer? No... and that's not what I was saying at all. Im just saying in my opinion, she is the female version of Brian Foster... able to rip it at track, trails, park, whatever you throw at her, with style and flow like crazy. and if we then say BF is arguably the best overall bmx rider.... then it stands to reason Joey is on that level for the female side.

and I did say soemthing along the lines of what you said.... since they cant ride against each other and all,,.. lol,.

+Quote Post
sanjosebmx
post Jul 9 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #19

Sandbagger
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 1,942

bahh if Alise Post put her energy into trail riding, she'd be able to do all that and more.. Fearless that one is.

+Quote Post
MeredithJL
post Jul 9 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #20

AA Pro

Member No.: 17,979

QUOTE (sanjosebmx @ Jul 9 2012, 06:35 PM) *
bahh if Alise Post put her energy into trail riding, she'd be able to do all that and more.. Fearless that one is.

I guess it depends on where your focus is. Woody thinks Joey is the best rider. And racer. Wait--I'm confused. She's awesome on trails, but she also did win 17 & Over Women at the Worlds.

I think if Alise Post, Brooke Craine, Amanda Geving or any other of the American SX racers were able to spend as much time at the trails they'd probably be pretty rad, too. These days, it's all about the business of 'racing' first and foremost.

+Quote Post
nigelnyc
post Jul 9 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #21

A Pro

Member No.: 2,423

Joey seems great in the trails but then why isn't she racing Elite Women? Are you saying greatest rider or just dirt jumper? Is it similar to asking why any older top notch expert is racing expert and not racing Vet?

+Quote Post
Deanna
post Jul 9 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #22

World Champion

Member No.: 557

Tammy Donahue is a great rider too. Guess it's what your looking for in a rider.

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Jul 9 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #23

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

QUOTE (MeredithJL @ Jul 10 2012, 02:15 AM) *
I guess it depends on where your focus is. Woody thinks Joey is the best rider. And racer. Wait--I'm confused. She's awesome on trails, but she also did win 17 & Over Women at the Worlds.

I think if Alise Post, Brooke Craine, Amanda Geving or any other of the American SX racers were able to spend as much time at the trails they'd probably be pretty rad, too. These days, it's all about the business of 'racing' first and foremost.

Yep, I think she is the best overall rider. post up any video of another female rider doing what she is. did you even see her lines in the rythym straight. Im thinking joey's a little old for SX Elite. Kinda like saying Brian foster should come back and race elite... lol.
Until I see some vids coming close to that one, its what I think.

+Quote Post
CowhieDesigns
post Jul 9 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #24

A Pro

Member No.: 7,474

QUOTE (MeredithJL @ Jul 10 2012, 01:10 AM) *

I say we all agree it was a different time and the BMX environment produced what level the best would be. Would either rider progressed as far if they switched places in time? Hmmm. I would say Joey would have edged Cheri out a little just going by her smoothness. Joey is just a cut above the rest just like any highly skilled rider be it guy or gal. Racing? Not sure. Cheri had a lot of power. Not the smoothest, but a lot of power. I gated with plenty of times here in NorCal. She would routinely snap the guy riders back in her Skyway days.....and a pretty good downhiller too. lol and guess who Joey has listed as her fav old school rider?

One thing for sure, the Elliots were and still are great people.

+Quote Post
MichBMX
post Jul 9 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #25

Expert

Member No.: 10,117

Deanna you were no slouch bitd... I quit in 84 and you seem to win most of the NBL Nats I attended. Hell you and Robyn DJ were 2 of the best in the world back then. Different times, tracks, and racing styles. Hell many of the past top pros, ams, couldnt ride todays tracks and compete if you ask me.

Oh while I am at it and because she raced at Famous as much as anybody out there Im throwin out Melanie Cline..... She was just a little kid, but rarely lost, and from what I was told had a great racing history into the late 80''s 90's.

This post has been edited by MichBMX: Jul 9 2012, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 05:06 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees