Rockford ride
GR8BNDINI
post Jun 22 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #1

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 12,244

Ok ok ok I know. Some of you are getting tired of me saying it year after year. Well this year is alot different than years past. Main reason is everything being centered at the hotel just did'nt give many options to plan something like this (geographically speaking). That being said I rode to Spoke Monkeys tonight from my ideal starting point and they are totally cool with a bunch of guys (I hope) showing up on their bikes. They even said we could get in some gates if we like, and flatlanders, you too, the owners said if need be, it takes 10 min. to clear out their showroom!

The details:

Ok with the swap ending at 6:00pm and the chill starting at 8:00pm it gives a solid hour to meet and ride which should be plenty of time, especially if you plan to leave from the track to the meeting spot I selected.

Meet spot and times:

Meeting will be from 6:00pm to 7:15pm at the Rockford YMCA located at
200 Y blvd.
Rockford IL. 61107
There is plenty of free lighted parking there and a spot by the sand volleyball court for us to congragaite at. From there we will hop right on the Rockford recreational path and head due north for appox. 3.5 miles along the east bank of The Rock River. The ride is completely flat with the exception of the very last strech going uphill into Spoke Monkeys parking lot (and man is it a great one to go down!). I rode it just a couple hours ago and it took just under a half hour which was just sit down pedaling the whole way. No crossing busy intersections or anything like that the whole way. The path does segment in two spots, but its pretty much through residentail areas that have roads less traveled. I really hope to see alot of you, if not all show up to do this, as for the past Rockfords I've attended nothing like this as ever happened (which is 5) and I think it would be an awesome thing to do. Post your questions, comments, or concearns here, and if your interested feel free to P.M. me and I will give you my cell number if you need me to give you directions that day from the track, your hotel, etc. Thanks and I'll see you there!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psycho
post Jun 22 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,655

Guess i gotta buy a bike rack and a flask! Im in.

+Quote Post
GR8BNDINI
post Jun 22 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #3

A Pro
Group Icon

QUOTE (psycho @ Jun 23 2012, 02:58 AM) *
Guess i gotta buy a bike rack and a flask! Im in.

MY MAN!!!!!!!! I knew I could count on you Greg, come on fellas lets get some more, I want to FLOOD the bike path with BMX bikes.

+Quote Post
ELF_DUDE
post Jul 5 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #4

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,003

If I do go this year I am totally in

+Quote Post
GR8BNDINI
post Jul 10 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #5

A Pro
Group Icon

Well allright.........2 and a half so far. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
GR8BNDINI
post Jul 16 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #6

A Pro
Group Icon

Come on ya bunch of Nancy's...... Nobody rides bikes anymore, just builds and looks at them?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 10:45 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees