Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Since 66" Vans awesome new video
MikeCarruth
post Jun 21 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

(IMG:http://www.bmxnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/vans_since_66.jpg)

Just posted a story and embedded video which talks about Vans ambitious plan to add a BILLION dollars in new revenue by 2016.

Part of the piece is the video "Since 66," released this week, which is a very soulful trip across the generations of the Vans brand.

Check it out now on BMXNEWS.COM

Enjoy!

M

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RodneyR
post Jun 22 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #2

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,822

The word awesome gets tossed around alot , But this Time, AWESOME IT IS!!! If you were a kid in the 70s / 80s and this Video Doesn't move you, go lay facedown in the back yard. you're dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
CWracer
post Jun 23 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #3

A Pro

Member No.: 22,516

Touching, but how about making them in the US again?

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Jun 23 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #4

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

Ive met Steve a few tiimes. yeah, with you on taht CW. I couldnt help but think that as he was talking about how hard they worked to open the first factory. and there were more shots of motocross, snowboarding and for petes sake surfing!! than any bmx... only one shot of a guy doing a 360, and you didnt even see a quarter of the rotation. No racing at all.

+Quote Post
RedMist
post Jun 24 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 33,937

It was cool seeing Caballero on the Half Cabs and old school deck. Really takes me back. I still have my old G&S from back in the day.

+Quote Post
CWracer
post Jun 24 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 22,516

QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Jun 23 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Ive met Steve a few tiimes. yeah, with you on taht CW. I couldnt help but think that as he was talking about how hard they worked to open the first factory. and there were more shots of motocross, snowboarding and for petes sake surfing!! than any bmx... only one shot of a guy doing a 360, and you didnt even see a quarter of the rotation. No racing at all.

Yep! And I used to hit my LBS all the time when I was a kid for my custom Vans. We started a trend around here when our non-BMX friends started asking where we were getting these funky shoes and then started buying them too. So, BMX was definitely a part of their success.

But the thing that gets to me is seeing Steve getting nostalgic as he walks through this old shell where they used to make their shoes and then hearing about how Vans has always been about being individualistic, keeping it real, and not selling out. And then seeing those old home movie clips of the people making the shoes we wore and realizing that Vans is owned by an investment group now and those shoes are all made in China. How exactly are they not selling out?

Man, if New Balance made BMX shoes I'd buy the first pair. They have a history way longer than Vans and are still able to manufacture 25% of them in the US (for as long as that lasts). To me that's what keeping it real is.

+Quote Post
RodneyR
post Jun 24 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #7

AA Pro

Member No.: 8,822

im with ya Redmist !!! fiberflex all day!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 11:50 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees