IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1st Annual Mid-Atlantic Pro-Am $5,500 Purse, July 1st Gastonia N.C. ($5,000 women/$500 men)
Popeye
post Jun 19 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #1

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 1,808

Gastonia North Carolina will be hosting the 1st annual Mid-Atlantic Pro-Am on their Opening day.

Women's pro-am will have a $5000 dollar purse! $2000 dollars guaranteed to the winner!

And oh yea, there will also be a men’s pro-am with a $500 dollar purse. $250 to winner.

And both of these are FREE!

This will also be their Olympic Day event so come get some free racing!

Gastonia Facebook event page

Gastonia Facebook

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nbk17se
post Jun 20 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,590

QUOTE (Popeye @ Jun 20 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Gastonia North Carolina will be hosting the 1st annual Mid-Atlantic Pro-Am on their Opening day.

Women's pro-am will have a $5000 dollar purse! $2000 dollars guaranteed to the winner!

And oh yea, there will also be a men’s pro-am with a $500 dollar purse. $250 to winner.

And both of these are FREE!

This will also be their Olympic Day event so come get some free racing!

Gastonia Facebook event page

Gastonia Facebook

Not to state the obvious but why are the (slower) women getting more money-I've never heard of that before..no offense but that doesn't make sense..what am I missing? Is this a joke?

+Quote Post
brycebetts
post Jun 20 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Novice

Member No.: 26,958

Anyone know a good wig shop?

+Quote Post
circleinasun
post Jun 20 2012, 04:18 AM
Post #4

Expert

Member No.: 23,461

QUOTE (nbk17se @ Jun 20 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Not to state the obvious but why are the (slower) women getting more money-I've never heard of that before..no offense but that doesn't make sense..what am I missing? Is this a joke?

think maybe its time the girls got the recognition they deserve? carlie has put together a fantastic track and event and, from the looks of it...it aint no joke...5 grand? you better believe the big girls are coming to get the purse...heard of around 8-10 big names that are gonna be there...all girls, all fast...props dude...thats what they deserve...and yea, they "ride like a girl"...

+Quote Post
sxebmx
post Jun 20 2012, 05:10 AM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 16,466

Thats pretty awesome.

+Quote Post
B3 R4D
post Jun 20 2012, 06:33 AM
Post #6

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 11,726

The first place payout is more then they got at the grands last year. The women work just as hard as the guys, maybe it is time for them to get paid for all their hard work.

This post has been edited by B3 R4D: Jun 20 2012, 06:36 AM

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Jun 20 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,739

I am all for the WOMEN getting a chance, they have been getting the short end of the stick for a while IMO. They train and ride the same tracks as the men. If I was not going to south park the next week I would come down just to watch

This post has been edited by ANT DOG 3:16: Jun 20 2012, 07:22 AM

+Quote Post
cjbmxr
post Jun 20 2012, 07:58 AM
Post #8

Intermediate

Member No.: 13,022

Looking forward to seeing some fast ladies show up for some cash!

I hope it inspires my 6 year old daughter as well....I told her about the race, and she is excited to see some fast girls...

+Quote Post
MeredithJL
post Jun 20 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #9

AA Pro

Member No.: 17,979

The reason the women's purse is five thousand dollars is because Carley Young made it happen.

To the poster who is whining about the women being "slower" (and I presume less deserving, in his biased view), I say this: get off your a$$ and go hustle up some sponsors like she did. With events like this and the girls' clinics she puts on, Carley does more (on the grassroots level especially)for the girls and women in this sport than any other pro I can think of. We are lucky to have her as part of our world.

+Quote Post
GastoniaBMX
post Jun 20 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 37,754

QUOTE (MeredithJL @ Jun 20 2012, 10:57 AM) *
The reason the women's purse is five thousand dollars is because Carley Young made it happen.

To the poster who is whining about the women being "slower" (and I presume less deserving, in his biased view), I say this: get off your a$$ and go hustle up some sponsors like she did. With events like this and the girls' clinics she puts on, Carley does more (on the grassroots level especially)for the girls and women in this sport than any other pro I can think of. We are lucky to have her as part of our world.

I am really excited that we have so many supporters for this July 1st event! I really appreciate your kind work Meredith about Carley. None of this can be possible without the amazing volunteers we have had and all the generous donations we have received so far. We knew having this pro\am was going to raise eyebrows but you know sometimes you gotta make a statement to prove a point. We have a good roster of ladies coming to this pro am so bring your favorite photo because they will be there to sign them! This event isn't only about the large amount payouts remember Pro\Am races are designed to let amateurs bump elbows with the pros. This is a huge confidence booster for the fast ladies we have in the area who may have what it takes to go home with the big check because remember ANYTHING can happen inthe main event! Gastonia BMX welcomes the 1st Mid-Atlantic Pro\Am to out opening day with open arms and we know this event is going to be very successful.

Please RSVP to out event page so we can properly plan this event!
http://www.facebook.com/events/203403733114991/

Thanks again for your support!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Opeing_Day_Flyer__01.jpg ( 385.94K ) Number of downloads: 35

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:23 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees