Reply to this topicStart new topic
Too cool for full face?, Here what you get
klakke
post May 27 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #61

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,425

(IMG:http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/3eeb21c8a7ac11e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg)

Latest addition to the coolness list
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klakke
post Sep 20 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #62

A Pro

Member No.: 27,425

Brett Banasiewicz can be added to the Coma-List.. 15 days in medically induced coma.

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Sep 20 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #63

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

One should wear a helmet.

Some of you need to start dressing better also.

+Quote Post
Plainsbike
post Sep 20 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #64

Intermediate

Member No.: 18,155

I don't know...I had 2 riders get seriously hurt with FF helmets...one got his teeth cleaved off when he face planted and the front mouth guard section of the helmet smashed into his mouth..and another when the front of the helmet dug into the ground, stopped him right there but his body twisted and the momentum almost broke his neck..needless to say he didn't race anymore, and I had one friend die in a car accident because he couldn't get the seat belt unbuckled when the car burst in to flames.

Meh...Just a tough call I guess..at least having a helmet is better than not having one regardless of what style.

+Quote Post
Herb Syntec
post Sep 20 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #65

Reclassified to A Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,334

Riding some gnarly pools lately and thinking about this thread. I usually don't wear any helmet, but I'm thinking 12 foot sections I should go with the FF. Especially when I almost go OTB.

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Sep 20 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #66

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

Brett had a helmet on, and did not ht his face. His helmet is being credited with saving his life, by his family and friends.

+Quote Post
TuftyBMX
post Sep 20 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #67

Novice

Member No.: 23,585

If memory serves me, I think around 2002 Rehbeins BMX was the first MN track to require a ff. The track in St. Michael wanted to follow suit. The city attorney wouldn't allow them to. He cited that the helmet certification (CPSC?) that covered cycling helmets had set the safety standards and if they were to require a full face, it would open the city to liability if someone had a full face helmet related injury. Like a collarbone fracture or neck injury. I don't know if that's why USABMX doesn't mandate it, but it may be a legal thing.

+Quote Post
TuftyBMX
post Sep 20 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #68

Novice

Member No.: 23,585

QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Sep 20 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Brett had a helmet on, and did not ht his face. His helmet is being credited with saving his life, by his family and friends.

Brett's injury is having quite an effect on the freestle side. A lot of the guys like to wear soft pad Pro Tec helmets. The skate one. I know that I want my kid to switch, but he's resisting the bike specific helmets. I'm gonna have to "lose" it soon....

+Quote Post
BMX TEACHER
post Oct 3 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #69

A Pro

Member No.: 3,620

This started out saying that it was about too cool for full face, what? Then it was about being stupid, what? I have been racing since the 70's, still have my face w/out injuries. Still riding an Open face helmet w/ jofa. Doesn't have anything to do with being COOL, and trust me I'm NOT STUPID, it just allows me to see better. (I believe that UCI races mandate that you need to have a full face on to race.) I don't believe that you need to take away my choice to race w/ an Open face due to the actions/ injuries of a few. You don't have all of the stats on injuries. I have seen as many kids hurt wearing Full face as Open face. Your personal opinions about which is better are just that, opinions. Gather the numbers and then PROVE to me that the Full face is that much better than the Open face. I am not talking about the Skate helmet that doesn't even cover the ears. Those type of helmets have no place on the track, just because they move when a rider falls and it doesn't protect the face at all. That pic of the kid without his teeth, he was wearing one of those type of helmets, right? If you're going to make a rule keeping me from wearing the Open face helmet w/ jofa while RACING on the track, you better be able to PROVE its SAFER. Show me some actual #s and DON'T include OFF-THE-TRACK accidents. Other than that, I don't mind you having your opinion, just don't try to impose it upon me.
PS: Most of the safety rules/laws that have been imposed upon us while driving our vehicles on the road, have been studied and proved to help protect us in the event of an accident.
One more thing for all of you that Think that a Full face is Safer- Do you think that those Clipless Pedals are SAFER than the FLATS when a rider crashes? Think about it, its not always about being SAFER.
Show me the FACTS please. Thank you. Tommy M.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 09:11 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees