Closed TopicStart new topic
Bubba going for it all minus his SX jersey
edwards
post Apr 17 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #1

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,240

Go to BMXnews.com for the official release of Bubba Harris and Supercross bikes parting ways with class. Sucks but its seems to be for the right reason. Who will he swoop on in the sponsor dept?
Reason for edit: added link /MC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mannequinforce
post Apr 17 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 18,713

I thought that SX being one of the best selling brands would have enough money for him. But he does have a second girl on the way and riding a bike is a tough way to make a living. Best two both parties.

+Quote Post
Stileman
post Apr 17 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #3

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,091

Make sure you pick up an event shirt this weekend as Bubba is featured on the shirt in his supercross gear. Might be a collectors item someday.

+Quote Post
The Riddler Al-F
post Apr 18 2012, 05:54 AM
Post #4

Super Villain: Advocates Sling Shotters and Rides Clipped In

Member No.: 7,300

I wish Bubba all the best. Still my favorite pro. The dude has come back strong from such a horrific accident and still pack rides like nobody else.

Any team out there would be lucky to have him. He is a great rep. there are a ton of parents, myself included who have great things to say about how he interacts with their kids...for that matter go ask a kid. (My son is 14, a die hard year round baseball player and hasn't raced BMX in 6 yrs. All his BMX memorabilia is gone save for one Bubba Harris RLC poster in his room.) I would think if you ask his sponsors, they would say the dude sold mega tons of bikes.

+Quote Post
Justin Miller
post Apr 18 2012, 06:27 AM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 9,855

I am somewhat confused about this. This is kind of like saying, "I don't make enough money so I am going to quit my job" Unless we all don't know something and he already has a deal in the works? Also, it seems some of the pro riders do a better job than others with picking up additional sponsors, like DR with Monster, and Day with Red Bull. Makes me wonder if Bubba needs to market himself better?

My kid started racing in 2006 and we immediately recognized Bubba as a superstar in BMX.
I wish all the luck for Bubba and for Supercross.

+Quote Post
WillMurray
post Apr 18 2012, 06:44 AM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 1,344

Makes me wonder if Bubba needs to market himself better?

Leading up to 2008 Bubba did have all the big Sponsors. He was THE man on Redline with Nike, Visa, and Kronik as sponosrs as well........things can change pretty quickly with one injury.

+Quote Post
Bmx Prof
post Apr 18 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #7

A Pro

Member No.: 2,358

I think that I was more confused by his signing with Supercross than I am by his leaving. When I think of Supercross, I don't intrinsically think of PRO bmxers. I think that they have always been a company that is very good at giving upcoming riders a bit of support to start them off, or a place for legends to have some continued support. I understand that they have strong VET Pro's, but I can't recall a AA that has finished in the top 5 for them. This isn't meant to be disrespectful at all. I simply think that they have a different business model and a different support structure than other companies (i.e. Free Agent, Intense/Speedco, Redline).

I think they had a mutually beneficial relationship. They helped support Bubba's comeback (and it seems that he is back to being a legit contender - or he is at least back in the discussion), and Bubba is a great representative to help sell Supercross bicycles and products.

This post has been edited by Bmx Prof: Apr 18 2012, 07:19 AM

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Apr 18 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #8

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

QUOTE (mannequinforce @ Apr 17 2012, 08:35 PM) *
I thought that SX being one of the best selling brands would have enough money for him. But he does have a second girl on the way and riding a bike is a tough way to make a living. Best two both parties.

Adding the margin on BMX frames is part of your formula.

But yeah, nice show of class from both sides on this one.

+Quote Post
Stileman
post Apr 19 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #9

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,091

QUOTE (mannequinforce @ Apr 17 2012, 08:35 PM) *

If a company is not selling bikes/parts to ordinary people outside of BMX racing they have a hard time turning a profit. If you only sell to BMX racers you are having a hard struggle. Redline, free Agent, DK, SE, Diamondback, Etc. all sell outside of racing. THose types of companies have the funding to make it happen. Dominating the race scene is not enough

This post has been edited by Stileman: Apr 19 2012, 01:54 PM

+Quote Post
edwards
post Apr 19 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #10

A Pro

Member No.: 22,240

QUOTE (Stileman @ Apr 19 2012, 03:53 PM) *
If a company is not selling bikes/parts to ordinary people outside of BMX racing they have a hard time turning a profit. If you only sell to BMX racers you are having a hard struggle. Redline, free Agent, DK, SE, Diamondback, Etc. all sell outside of racing. THose types of companies have the funding to make it happen. Dominating the race scene is not enough

Very true Colin- I am still amazed that teams like Alltow, Chain reaction, Extreme and so many others don't have outside corp. sponsors like Verizon, Taco Bell or a car company. It's one sanction now so the sponsor is getting complete coverage on racing. Being an Olympic year it seems more should have already happened.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:41 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees