Reply to this topicStart new topic
Merging of the ABA & NBL ,taking from both
tommydone
post Apr 9 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #31

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,686

I agree about the regional series , some kids just cant race a national series due to finances. I do think the scoring format should be changed from the old regional series though. Run it just like the national series , except maybe make it best 4 finishes plus the championship. That way you would only have to go to 2 regionals. You could even make it so that you could use 2 nationals and 2 regionals to make up your regional scores.

There are many ways to do it ,having a regional series is what counts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tommydone
post Apr 9 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #32

AA Pro

QUOTE (1993tnt @ Apr 9 2012, 02:55 PM) *
novice= 3 wins to turn inter
inter= 5 wins to turn expert

novice win both days at national= turn inter
inter= win both days at national= turn expert

dont think that is enough wins IMHO. back in the 80's it was 5 wins from nov to inter and 10 wins from inter to ex ot any 2 national wins. But that was in a birthday year and I can tell you that since my birthday is in September I got screwed for 3 years,twice with 9 wins.

+Quote Post
BRAMER
post Apr 9 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #33

Intermediate

Member No.: 20,402

Let the cruisers race the open class! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
tommydone
post Apr 9 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #34

AA Pro

QUOTE (murrdog @ Apr 9 2012, 11:07 AM) *
For me this is not a bashing thread. This is just a thread with ideas others think may help improve the sport.

I wish we could just run our three digit number and not have to change plates every year.

I am glad you are on board as this is not meant to bash anyone , The NBL has it's place in the history of BMX . It was not an orginization that was terrible for the racer, it may have been poorly run,who knows? The bottom line is that this is where we are now. We all love the sport , ALL of us.

I can see the point of being allowed to run a 3 digit number but the old NBL numbers are gone forever. Those numbers may have already been assigned to ABA riders so I dont think that is going to happen. BITD day I always ran my district number unless my national number was better. Considering the cost of BMX components a number plate is cheap to get a new one every year.

+Quote Post
Latkanich
post Apr 9 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #35

Intermediate

Member No.: 25,955

QUOTE (BRAMER @ Apr 9 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Let the cruisers race the open class! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It's not going to happen , the ABA will see that the rider count or all there profit is going to be down after this year of the combined organizations.

+Quote Post
arl
post Apr 9 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #36

Novice

Member No.: 18,017

QUOTE (g-mo @ Apr 9 2012, 07:44 PM) *
You still have the SSA series there correct? I can definitely tell you that people do not only go to their local track's state races. In my younger days we'd drive several states away for a state qualifier weekend. Those tracks whcih were once skipped over by the state series now get a chance to host a race and get to actually keep a good portion of the race proceeds from that weekend.

That may be true of your state, but so far in Florida that has not been the case. It may be just growing pains of having 2 series going at once. I guess my point is that when we talk about National Races a lot of us are happy with the number of nationals. If you relate that to the Florida state series, we have about 1/3 the number of races for our state as there are National races nationwide.

So far USABMX State races are only pulling around 50 motos,and SSA races are down (partly due to the way the Aba software puts full gates). Neither have the same feel as a lot of people aren't showing up to either. Maybe it has to do with people being upset that their team lost (which is sad). If Florida has 2 series again next year, I would expect the numbers to remain the same or drop a little. I personally haven't raced any races in either series. Nobody else in my class is racing either which is sad. Most of us will stick to Nationals...

+Quote Post
GARG
post Apr 9 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #37

Expert

Member No.: 24,888

QUOTE (tommydone @ Apr 9 2012, 08:43 PM) *
I agree about the regional series , some kids just cant race a national series due to finances. I do think the scoring format should be changed from the old regional series though. Run it just like the national series , except maybe make it best 4 finishes plus the championship. That way you would only have to go to 2 regionals. You could even make it so that you could use 2 nationals and 2 regionals to make up your regional scores.

There are many ways to do it ,having a regional series is what counts.

It would have to be best 3 or 4. That way it gets you to go to more races. The way the Redline cup series is scored now, I don't see any incentive for a racer that gets a wins one of his first Redline cup races to travel and race anymore of the races in the series. Also, not having a Regional Team Series is missing out on creating a lot of excitement. Having a Regional Series would create some bid moto counts and more $$$$ for USABMX also.

+Quote Post
Stileman
post Apr 9 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #38

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,091

QUOTE (arl @ Apr 9 2012, 07:12 PM) *
That may be true of your state, but so far in Florida that has not been the case. It may be just growing pains of having 2 series going at once. I guess my point is that when we talk about National Races a lot of us are happy with the number of nationals. If you relate that to the Florida state series, we have about 1/3 the number of races for our state as there are National races nationwide.

So far USABMX State races are only pulling around 50 motos,and SSA races are down (partly due to the way the Aba software puts full gates). Neither have the same feel as a lot of people aren't showing up to either. Maybe it has to do with people being upset that their team lost (which is sad). If Florida has 2 series again next year, I would expect the numbers to remain the same or drop a little. I personally haven't raced any races in either series. Nobody else in my class is racing either which is sad. Most of us will stick to Nationals...

trying to explain the SSA series to somebody that hasn't truly "seen" it is pretty impossible to do. The SSA series will probably never be close to what it used to be and probably die. Hopefully something else will take it's place in the form of good races/events/competition. I still believe that what the SSA did for the racers was pound for pound the best series in BMX. Things will jsut become different. It took a while to adapt to the state series When i moved to AZ. AZ has a lot of riders, but the the state finals or state series did not have even close to the same feel of the old SSA. Don't know if it is good or bad. Just a bigger focus on district points. In USABMX there is a stronger emphasis on district points, than state points. Again both have the positives.

I would like to see more of a regional program and more emphasis on an actual state series. The state series will be dependent more on how the tracks work together. But the Redline cup could be more of a series that could work really well. I think there is a lot of room to better the Redline cup series. I think it is time to look at 6 regions instead of 3. GO north and south. It could be like a mini national series. Do your best 3 redline cup qualifiers plus the final. I could see the redline qualifiers being a two day event like nationals.

In the end BMXicans crave good comeptiton at an affordable price. The SSA did a great job of providing that, but I think that there are other ways to get it.

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Apr 9 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #39

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

QUOTE (bmxmom156 @ Apr 9 2012, 04:26 PM) *
isnt the redline cup race only sundays( one day event) as compared to the regional series where you had 2 days of racing for your travel.

if someone can explain the saturday event, that would be a great help for me. i was told its a "race for life" which is a donation race where the riders collect cash donations that are 100% donated to the leukemia society? that is awesome. but do the points from this days racing go towards anything?

what is the friday race called? i was also told that a redline cup weekend offered 3 days of racing..

sorry for the hijack it was just on my mind... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) gotta grab it when you can..

personally we loved the nbl bucks system... by the christmas race we always had enough to pay for entry fees or some extra christmas present( usually bmx gear related) so it was really nice/ came in handy...

The RLC is often run on Sundays, usually in conjunction with another multi-point race the previous day, but this is done at the track's option. The sanction does quite a bit of handholding here. But we've spent many weekends at some other track racking up points and getting some good racing in. Anyway, it's not as locked down as you appear to think. But the RLC is almost always part of a multi-point weekend. (I think I answered your implied question?)

+Quote Post
scmcgovern
post Apr 9 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #40

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 16,815

QUOTE (Latkanich @ Apr 9 2012, 08:57 PM) *
It's not going to happen , the ABA will see that the rider count or all there profit is going to be down after this year of the combined organizations.

Makes even more sense to have that class then, to off-set your statement, for increase income of riders that only race cruiser class at nationals.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 08:28 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees