Reply to this topicStart new topic
Three Digit Numbers For Ams, Hey Shannon
Jeremy K.
post Apr 3 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #1

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,262

I really want to run my 3 digit ABA number again. A few of us at our local track want to go back to 3 digits. I like the idea of having the same number every year. But, I don't want to get DQ'd for running the wrong number.

The ABA could make a few bucks by opening this up for us Ams. Maybe a small fee like $25 bucks to have a computer entry made so you can run your 3 digit?

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weaver
post Apr 3 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #2

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,856

no no no! plates and numbers are all about monies! gotta get that grey plate! that ROC plate that redline plate that district plate that state plate that errrr

dont let yourself be fooled into thinking plates serve the purpose of identifying the rider for scoring purposes... plates are monies! change digits every year. monies.

+Quote Post
Gavved
post Apr 3 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #3

Intermediate

Member No.: 27,463

QUOTE (Weaver @ Apr 3 2012, 10:39 AM) *
no no no! plates and numbers are all about monies! gotta get that grey plate! that ROC plate that redline plate that district plate that state plate that errrr

dont let yourself be fooled into thinking plates serve the purpose of identifying the rider for scoring purposes... plates are monies! change digits every year. monies.

Best reply ever

+Quote Post
tommydone
post Apr 3 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #4

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,686

QUOTE (Weaver @ Apr 3 2012, 12:39 PM) *

I got a new plate every year anyway and you dont have to get a new plate just get new numbers for a grand total of $2.

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Apr 3 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #5

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,739

I get my numbers printed for free. I have a hook up with a guy at work. His kid use to race BMX

+Quote Post
JC82
post Apr 3 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Expert

Member No.: 19,743

I thought you could tell them basically whatever number you wanted. I mean when i raced we just changed to whatever we got in district the year before. I can remember signing up for nationals and them asking what number is on my bike, I just figured that meant if I told them 725 thats what they would put into thier scoring for the event. Of course things change after 15-20 years too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gavved
post Apr 3 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Intermediate

Member No.: 27,463

QUOTE (JC82 @ Apr 3 2012, 11:06 AM) *
I thought you could tell them basically whatever number you wanted. I mean when i raced we just changed to whatever we got in district the year before. I can remember signing up for nationals and them asking what number is on my bike, I just figured that meant if I told them 725 thats what they would put into thier scoring for the event. Of course things change after 15-20 years too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I raced my 3 digit NBL number at ABA races for years (national and local). I told them that I was running a different number when I registered. At locals it was never a problem, but at Nationals they would allways tell me to make sure I changed it next time.

+Quote Post
dnichols
post Apr 3 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #8

A Pro

Member No.: 22,423

QUOTE (Weaver @ Apr 3 2012, 11:39 AM) *
no no no! plates and numbers are all about monies!

I believe he is Talking about monies for USABMX not for the guys who make the plates.
I think it's funny how so many people try to get those low numbers. I pay no attention to them. I have seen many racers running single digit district plates that never win a moto or main. Not saying they are bad, just not as good as the number. They just race 2-3 times or more per week. My kids and I only get to race 1-2 times a month.

+Quote Post
RedMist
post Apr 3 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #9

A Pro

Member No.: 33,937

I think it should be optional to run your card number if you want. What if I want my son's number on his jersey. Should I have to get a new jersey printed every year to show a basically meaningless district number?

+Quote Post
snickadams
post Apr 3 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #10

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 16,082

QUOTE (tommydone @ Apr 3 2012, 10:49 AM) *
I got a new plate every year anyway and you dont have to get a new plate just get new numbers for a grand total of $2.

$2 if you are running two bikes. If you have spare electrical tape at the house, the ones are easy to make too.

As a TO the kids at my track look forward to the new numbers.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 04:06 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees