Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tuf Neck rebuild, I need help with the reassemble
Klein
post Mar 26 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,756

A few years back I pulled the clamp off the stem of my tuf-neck in order to re-anodize. Now that it's looking fresh I'm stuck finding a place to help repress the clamp back on once it's threaded.

Does anyone know a shop that has the knowledge and capabilities of how this is executed and/or is familiar with the rebuild?

Since I pulled it apart I have moved cross country to NYC and when I approach a shop here they aren't even sure what I'm showing them.

If you know a spot in the NY area that would be amazing, if not I'll ship it out.

I appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MarkMc
post Mar 26 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Intermediate

Member No.: 17,625

The shaft/quill only can go in one way. Then, the big bolt tightens down on it. No idea why you'd need a shop. Quill, base, bolt all that are in play.

+Quote Post
Klein
post Mar 27 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #3

Novice

Member No.: 1,756

QUOTE (MarkMc @ Mar 27 2012, 03:37 AM) *
The shaft/quill only can go in one way. Then, the big bolt tightens down on it. No idea why you'd need a shop. Quill, base, bolt all that are in play.

Only because I was under the impression that in addition to threading, it needed to be pressed/set. If not I can crank it down. I just did not want to miss a step especially, if I plan on riding it.

Cheers...

+Quote Post
MarkMc
post Mar 27 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #4

Intermediate

Member No.: 17,625

I've never had one that once apart, I couldn't get back together. Some far tighter than others, but, nothing a few taps with a rubber mallet won't overcome. I don't think a press would be needed, except in an uber-rare case.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:50 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees