Reply to this topicStart new topic
All Things Chula Vista SX, Could Be The Best World Cup Season Ever
AZaz
post Apr 1 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #166

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,073

Free to view yes, I'm sure it wasn't free for the company that produces it. They should want better announcers whichever company is behind it. I want your internet provider so I can get free internet too, but until then I will keep paying my monthly bill. What part was free again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
christophe199
post Apr 1 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #167

A Pro

Member No.: 19,741

QUOTE (mxmug @ Apr 1 2012, 08:32 PM) *
they didn't mention the announcing, and this being a FREE INTERNET broadcast..

Tickets were 25 a pop and that place was packed. Not sayin there was big money to be made but there was some decent money takin in.(which is what the sport needs)

+Quote Post
sanjosebmx
post Apr 1 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #168

Sandbagger
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 1,942

QUOTE (AZaz @ Apr 1 2012, 06:44 PM) *
Free to view yes, I'm sure it wasn't free for the company that produces it. They should want better announcers whichever company is behind it. I want your internet provider so I can get free internet too, but until then I will keep paying my monthly bill. What part was free again?

uh ok.. so your'e complaining about paying your monthly internet fee now..

internets.. whiners around every corner.

+Quote Post
AZaz
post Apr 1 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #169

Intermediate

not complaining at all just letting the people know that it wasn't free. This site is full of people like you.

This post has been edited by AZaz: Apr 1 2012, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
DieselDAD
post Apr 1 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #170

Expert

Member No.: 25,531

QUOTE (christophe199 @ Apr 1 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Tickets were 25 a pop and that place was packed. Not sayin there was big money to be made but there was some decent money takin in.(which is what the sport needs)

The sport takes in plenty of dinero. What it needs is someone with 100% belief and the ability to persuade proffesional production $$ to invest in it. Look to your right. These companies are among those that will profit significantly on better production of the SX and USABMX events. It's simple economics. Beyond that, how many non bmx specific companies have ad money to burn? A ton.

This post has been edited by DieselDAD: Apr 1 2012, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post
klakke
post Apr 2 2012, 03:36 AM
Post #171

A Pro

Member No.: 27,425

I think Pete did a decent job at commentating. Dale's toilet visit and his endless talk about twitter was not okay. It sounded like Dale thought he was doing a podcast for his own website..

With some schooling I think Pete and Dale can become really good commentators, they have some good qualities (insider knowledge, industry scoop etc.).

Even though the webcast was free, I still think its important to discuss the commentators. With all the money being spend on broadcasting the event, it would be stupid not to have some decent commentators.
The broadcaster will never be able to attract sponsors to a BMX race webcast, if the commentators are not being professional.

That being said, where Im from most minor sports that only occasionally are being showed on TV, have commentators that are just like Dale and Pete. And often worse.

A good example of this, is when I watched the last Dew Tour on Eurosport. Brett Banasiewicz did has signature trick ''Cash Roll'' and the commentator had no idea what to call the trick. I knew the trick was called 'cash roll' and Ive only watched Dew Tour 4 times in my life (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
The Riddler Al-F
post Apr 2 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #172

Super Villain: Advocates Sling Shotters and Rides Clipped In

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (AZaz @ Apr 1 2012, 09:44 PM) *

Whether you go to there site or not you still pay for your internet. So if I follow this logic should I demand better posts from you on this site? I bet the Site Supporters should since they pay an actual fee to the site in addition to their internet bill (ROFLMAO) We sure do live in an entitled society...or some think. Reality is a phunny place to hang our expectations.

Now having said that, I still agree the announcing quality could have been much better, but I am grateful to have not paid a fee. I believe this goes back to training. Also, we criticze the shameless plugs and rightfully so. However, I have to ask, who did pay for that spot? is it possible that Dale and Pete's sponsors did pay for that broadcast? Not saying they did but if they did they desrve the coverage. If that is the case it still goes back to professionally delivering the sponsor's message by perhaps letting the viewers know these companies/products sponsored the broadcast.

+Quote Post
FOS
post Apr 2 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #173

A Pro

Member No.: 30,298

No stinky, cheese chomping, mayonnaise slurping, surrender monkey frogs made it past the quarters in Mens Elite.
Best Supercross ever.

+Quote Post
AZaz
post Apr 2 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #174

Intermediate

Supporting this site is not mandatory. With all the great topics on here they should be paying us to read this nonsense.

+Quote Post
The Riddler Al-F
post Apr 2 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #175

Super Villain: Advocates Sling Shotters and Rides Clipped In

Member No.: 7,300

Nah, This place just a home to hang out in...dysfunctional home at times, uh many many times, but home of sorts anyway. I truly enjoy meeting everyone on this board in person when those opportunities arise. Y'all are awesome w/ your bad dysfunctional selves! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 11:52 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees