IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
late 80s hutch windstyler all orig.restore or leave it, i ve just rescued a hutch windstyler
brenttedhaney
post Mar 7 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,545

I came across this bike in a farmer's barn gave him 5 dollars for it . I don't know much about this make but it is all original aside the tread and its missing a brake handle everything is high caliber down to the seat it does have rust but I think it will clean up nice.is this a good bike to fix up ? Should I sell it to a collecter? Does anybody have one like this .any information would be greatly appreciated its chrome with pink and green windstyler stickers white rims joy tech hubs two spots for pegs on forks white hutch peddles Odyssey gyro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
agentheinz
post Mar 7 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #2

secret agent, man
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 6,641

The Windstyler was a budget bike back in the day but because it says "Hutch" on it, mysteriously it's going to get more than similar offerings from other brands. That sticker version suggests it probably doesn't have the Hutch grips (they will say Hutch on them and have a star pattern) but if it does, those grips turn some coin on the bay if they're in any decent shape. The donut style seat clamp is popular too if it has one. I think by the time pink/green came out, it was generic Mushroom style grips. The rest of it, maybe not worth so much but I'll say for the 5 bucks you'll do well anyhow. Post some pics (use Photobucket, it's free) you might get some offers here for it. Otherwise ebay is the best bet but if you clean it up and start riding it, you might just want to keep it around. Besides, ebay fees are a killer these days especially if you part it out.

Chrome frames clean up best with an Oxalic acid bath, check the thread in the Tech section. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT STEEL WOOL, SANDPAPER, ETC!!!

This post has been edited by agentheinz: Mar 7 2012, 10:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:15 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees