IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Think BMX Has Turned A Corner, Are You Training For It?
Big Bird
post Mar 4 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #1

BMX Coach
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 5,675

Today, the east coast has a 300+ moto National.

This included 8 racks of 41-45 men's cruiser & 2 racks of 41-45 ladies cruiser. BOOM!

Tonight, at my local track, Oak Creek in Roseville, 60 motos and a WOMEN's PRO-AM, not to mention a super stacked men's Pro-Am.

If my memory serves me correctly, Utah reported a 100+ motos about 2 weeks ago for a double-pointer.

Good things are happening in our sport. Now get training! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickdawghaters
post Mar 4 2012, 01:16 AM
Post #2

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,755

BMX can turn 17 corners, I still wont be training but their will be plenty of people to watch the mains with me hahahaha

+Quote Post
InTheHunt
post Mar 4 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Intermediate

Member No.: 13,098

Just about every other day of doing something.I think yours as well as Coach G's insight on training properly has been much needed.

+Quote Post
MeredithJL
post Mar 4 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #4

AA Pro

Member No.: 17,979

My phone delivers Big Bird's tweets to me as text messages. I appreciate the motivation he offers. It keeps moving and keeps me focused on trying to do my best--both at work and also at the track. Thank you again!

+Quote Post
woodybmx86
post Mar 4 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #5

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,714

and by training you mean working on your skills, right? Just what bmx needs, a bunch of old fogies making themselves faster and blowing up in front of me over jumps. lol

+Quote Post
mxmug
post Mar 4 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #6

Inventor of the Z Jump

Member No.: 17,989

Tonight, at my local track, Oak Creek in Roseville, 60 motos and a WOMEN's PRO-AM

And over 40 motos with a Pro/am at Napa as well. A great start to the season in NorCal.

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Mar 4 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #7

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

QUOTE (woodybmx86 @ Mar 4 2012, 12:11 PM) *
and by training you mean working on your skills, right? Just what bmx needs, a bunch of old fogies making themselves faster and blowing up in front of me over jumps. lol

That's assuming we can get in front of you.

Our local scene's been blowing up. In fact I don't think it's been stronger in the 12 ~ish years I've been around. Our moto counts are up, and new member sign-ups just keep coming in, week after week. It's crazy.

+Quote Post
thebondtrader55
post Mar 4 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #8

AA Pro

Member No.: 28,127

Same at our local track.

It is astonishing to see what a knowledgeable and dedicated group can do in a short period of time. My Gosh, the group at our track has grown it into a vibrant place to race in a shorter period of time than it would take us to set up a meeting.

Great people having a great time, the concessions are booming, and the old crowd is being augmented by new folks that just keep showing up! What's better than that?

When you couple this with the vibrant National scene and the Olympics on the horizon it's hard to see anything but good things ahead. At some point surely all these different parts would have to come together to make a very strong whole? If the darned economy will continue to go ahead and allow a little more discretionary spending it looks good from here.

When I see a growing local scene it's pretty exciting!

All the Best

+Quote Post
Jason F.
post Mar 4 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #9

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 23,812

I Think BMX Has Turned A Corner, I agree and its 2 straights ahead of me......but not for long.

+Quote Post
tommy2x4
post Mar 4 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #10

2x4

Member No.: 841

after this weekend, i realized i have to train twice as hard as i did before the morristown race. much respect for the 41-45 class.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 01:33 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees