Reply to this topicStart new topic
where have all the threads gone?
s4lnj
post Jan 1 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #1

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,732

am i the only one not seeing all the threads? every time i come back, there are less.

i wanted to start a training log, hate to do so if it's going to vanish
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DoranB
post Jan 1 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #2

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Advertisers
Member No.: 5,586

I was wondering the same thing. I figured we missed some drama or too many "coaches" posting training methods which would be a conflict of interest with advertising rules on this site. Especially considering Coach G is a paid advertiser>>>>

**But that's just my guess**

+Quote Post
FatGuy
post Jan 1 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 29,719

Noticed this too. Planned on starting the log of a fat guy as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
s4lnj
post Jan 1 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #4

AA Pro

Member No.: 1,732

[quote name='DoranB' date='Jan 2 2012, 02:52 AM' post='1147011']
I was wondering the same thing. I figured we missed some drama or too many "coaches" posting training methods which would be a conflict of interest with advertising rules on this site. Especially considering Coach G is a paid advertiser>>>>

**But that's just my guess**
[/quote]

i didn't really see anything that i haven't seen go in in the racing section before. in fact rennen plugged his weighted wheel ina sprint thread.

if this is the case it will kind of defeat the idea of this section.

you can have any opinion you want, as long as it is the same as coach g........

+Quote Post
Jeremy K.
post Jan 1 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #5

AA Pro

Member No.: 12,262

Noticed it too.

When you quote someone in a thread it doesn't seem to come out the way its supposed to either.

Maybe its just Gremlins with the new section. I am hoping the "Coaches" will chime in here. Coach G, PC etc........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
CapOne818
post Jan 1 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Intermediate

Member No.: 33,481

I saw this as well. I went in this morning to update my log and it was gone.

+Quote Post
MikeCarruth
post Jan 1 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #7

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

Nothing intentional folks...it might be a glitch with the way I set up the permissions when I created the forum. I noticed it myself this evening, and was scratching my head over it. I thought maybe it was just me.

It's strange, because when you go to the lo-fi version, all the topics are there
http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/lofiversion/index.php/f54.html
...so it sounds like I have a setting wrong.

That said, we will need to find our collective groove in this forum. I created it more as a place for members to exchange tips and talk about their own personal experiences. As Doran pointed out, there is advertising available for anyone who does training commercially, and wants to attract clients.

I don't necessarily have a problem with professional trainers weighing in (no pun intended) with advice (as they would on any other topic here), but it can't stray into an "offer of services," and absolutely cannot include links to sites outside Vintage (or site advertisers). Sorry, but them's just the over-arching rules for all forum areas on Vintage, not just this one. I think people are pretty accustomed to that, since we don't have much trouble in that regard.

Hope ya'll understand...and I'll get to fixin the gremlins in the morning. I tried a few things to troubleshoot the problem, but no joy. Will have to wait til tech support for the software dudes opens in the morning.

Best,

M

+Quote Post
MikeCarruth
post Jan 3 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #8

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

The only way I have been able to fix this problem temporarily is by "pinning" all the topics. Feel free to post other topics, but this is the only fix I have found for the moment.

Best,

M

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 08:36 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees