IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Two old bikes
crazyhorse477
post Nov 29 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,263

I have two of my old bikes left from when I was young niether of them are original but all parts except tires are vintage. one is a haro group 1 rs2 it has alot of upgrade parts on it profile cranks, suzie sealed bearing hubs, uni seat, urchin pedal cages, peregrine seat post clamp, gt epoch headset, and a dk stem it is still rideable and complet. The other bike is a red line rl20a it has vector bars , odyessy gyro, and flight 401 cranks. I have a few questions I am trying to decide what i want to do with them i think they are both 1986 but not for sureat one point I stripped all the paint off the haro so it is all chrome .The redline is still painted but missing a few small brake parts,chain, seat,and the lug nutts. if i decide to sell would I be better off parting them out or selling as is? IF it would be better to part them out than taking them apart now shouldn't hurt. the main reason I am asking is I keep thinking about taking them apart to clean them up some and don't know if this is a bad idea. if I am not commited to finishing them I might just end up with a box of parts.I very much enjoy riding but have bought a modern cruiser and am happy with it I still put air in the haro and ride it some but it is in need of some TLC.I will post a few pics if I can figure out how.

This post has been edited by crazyhorse477: Nov 29 2011, 08:52 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_0890.JPG ( 215.67K ) Number of downloads: 170
Attached File  IMG_0881.JPG ( 191.13K ) Number of downloads: 243

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
crazyhorse477
post Jan 16 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 34,263

I have been making pretty good progress think all I need for the red line is the upper gyro cable then i will be riding . It looks just like I remember it was always clean and looked like new. the haro is almost done also I never found any decals for it it was white and orange when I bought it new but I had it powdercoated I went with white and red I may try to find some plain haro decals and put on it. here are some pics of them so far. Attached File  mine__1_.JPG ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 37
Attached File  IMG_0977.JPG ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 42

+Quote Post
GBOSS
post Jan 23 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Intermediate

Member No.: 34,028

QUOTE (crazyhorse477 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:17 PM) *
I have been making pretty good progress think all I need for the red line is the upper gyro cable then i will be riding . It looks just like I remember it was always clean and looked like new. the haro is almost done also I never found any decals for it it was white and orange when I bought it new but I had it powdercoated I went with white and red I may try to find some plain haro decals and put on it. here are some pics of them so far. Attached File  mine__1_.JPG ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 37
Attached File  IMG_0977.JPG ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 42

Thats %100 better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 02:43 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees