IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
no helmet required, park authorizes no helmets required for 18+…
934g
post Nov 8 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #1

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,457

WTF?

http://skatersedgeinc.com/

Are they looking to get sued out of business some day soon? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/worried_anim.gif) …

934g
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ANT DOG 3:16
post Nov 8 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 3,739

You know how I feel about this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry.gif)

+Quote Post
CharleyGnarlyP29...
post Nov 9 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #3

A Pro

Member No.: 23,665

Ah... the old helmet/no helmet snake rears its ugly head again.
Here are my thoughts on the topic.
Should riders/skaters wear helmets? Absolutely! Should they be forced, by law, to wear them? Not a chance. Do I wear one when I ride outside my ginormous yard? You bet I do!
If a private business wants to allow adult riders to ride/skate without helmets, they should be allowed to. As long as they have the appropriate signage warning that riders/skaters are to ride at their own risk, they should be in the clear. In our litigious times, it may not be the smartest thing to do, but it is their dime.
People make their own decisions, and pay the consequences accordingly should they make a bad one.
To me it is like the seat belt laws. Stupid. I should be able to decide for myself whether or not I wear a seatbelt. I do wear one and have since day one driving (which was 1981, way before any laws.)

This post has been edited by CharleyGnarlyP290: Nov 9 2011, 08:18 AM

+Quote Post
pwh4130
post Nov 11 2011, 06:54 AM
Post #4

Still riding after all these years.

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 4,640

Why should they make a law for skaters to wear a helmet when they don't have to on their motorcycle? It comes down to personal choice. If you won't wear the helmet, don't be surprised if natural selection takes you out.

+Quote Post
934g
post Nov 11 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 21,457

Not so much as a law. But a rule at a really good indoor park that could eventually shut down if a lawsuit due to an "accident"…
It's not the person that is injured, but the family that doesn't "get" the sport and it's risks that will bring the lawsuit…

I might be thinking in extremes, but just thinkin' it's a bad idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) …
I was just reacting to the new lack of rules.

Interesting thoughts here. Keep 'em comin'!

Let it be known I will be leading with my helmet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) …

934g

+Quote Post
RedMist
post Nov 12 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 33,937

IMO. Whether it's a motorcycle or bicycle. A helmet should be worn all the time, every time. I actually think there should be a push for full face in dirt/park. I don't buy into the "thinning of the herd" theory.

+Quote Post
GBOSS
post Nov 20 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #7

Intermediate

Member No.: 34,028

no helmet required, park authorizes no helmets required for 18+ That is a great Rule,because if your 18 you can pick,it the way your ride,so if you get broke,well then thats on you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif) I ride with No Helmet un-less the park I go to requires me too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/negative.gif)

+Quote Post
gingerbmxer
post Nov 24 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 34,324

helmets are a smart thing to wear. I got a severe concussion earlier this year for not wearing a helmet and now i wear one anytime i'm doing some hardcore riding. but should it be enforced/a rule if you're over 18? i don't really think so. People can ride how they want, if they wanna spend time in a hospital instead of on a bike because they didn't wear one, that's their choice

This post has been edited by gingerbmxer: Nov 24 2011, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
jumpinjim
post Dec 20 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #9

Intermediate

Member No.: 20,227

When I see the Amplitude of some of today's top riders. Board or Bikes. Those little plastic domes wont save -hit anyway. My boys and I wear riding level specific helmets. Should it be a rule in a park? Absolutely! I've seen a guy get blindsided in the park by another rider. He hit his head pretty good. Lucky for the rule.

+Quote Post
Cook Bros Seeker
post Jan 4 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #10

A Pro

Member No.: 10,889

QUOTE (RedMist @ Nov 12 2011, 08:15 PM) *
IMO. Whether it's a motorcycle or bicycle. A helmet should be worn all the time, every time. I actually think there should be a push for full face in dirt/park. I don't buy into the "thinning of the herd" theory.

+1

My 10 yr old wears his full face when he rides his bike at the skate/bike park. He used to wear only his skate helmet, but after he face planted on the concrete and sustained a Rocky Babloa eye - he wears the full face. There are other kids who ask him "why you wearing that big helmet?" and I tell him to tell the kids because "I broke an eye socket wearing that flimsy skate helmet". That usually shuts them up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 01:20 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees