+Quote Post
klakke
post Jul 26 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #47

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,425

QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Jul 25 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Very very possible. And I shall follow those red white and blue shoes as close as possible. Practice session #2 today USA boys n girls have been so fortunate to get the first rack of the day. Off in the distance for the first time since Ive touched down here I actually see a clearing in the cloud cover. It is far from even being remotely sunny, but with the weather the past few days even knowing that their is a small break in the clouds is kinda nice. As mentioned before that triple into turn 1 is serious business and could have been really cool as a step double on the am side and the booter triple on the pro side if anyone recalls how Canada 07's second straight worked into turn 2, picture that and you would likely have a very nice remedy to the situation. I did however see a few guys "man up" and risk back wheels trying to send the whole thing. Its likely that may get more popular as the day goes on but alot of double in roll out is more than likely going to be the option of many. Only trouble is that roll option on the way out has a hefty drop LOL. Flip vid will be going on today and Ill try n get a clip or two loaded onto my blog but no promises- my TV says 5:30 am and I already showered and waiting for breakfast to start. I fell asleep after midnight but have been wide eyed and ready to go since 3am? Id say it was nerves but its definitely not that, just body still adjusting I guess? hehe crazy...

That triple is one of the major reasons why I didnt bother racing the worlds and decided to watch it from the sideline instead..
If you arent coming from the 8meter, the triple is just lame. I watched hours of training yesterday and I only saw Dorus Brink clearing it. When the french started training i think 5 guys went for it, after those 5 had had very limited succes in trying, nobody else tried..

I foresee the triple causing many many crashes during the actual race. Watching practice from the stands next to the triple, it was very obvious that pretty much no one was able to find a good way over the triple. Come race day, nobody will hit the brakes before the triple or stop pedaling - thus people will end up flying over their bars landing face-first into the first turn or suddenly fly sidewards resulting in themselves and other riders going down hard.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnnyculbrethdo...
post Jul 26 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #48

A Pro

Member No.: 17,465

QUOTE (klakke @ Jul 26 2011, 04:07 PM) *
That triple is one of the major reasons why I didnt bother racing the worlds and decided to watch it from the sideline instead..
If you arent coming from the 8meter, the triple is just lame. I watched hours of training yesterday and I only saw Dorus Brink clearing it. When the french started training i think 5 guys went for it, after those 5 had had very limited succes in trying, nobody else tried..

I foresee the triple causing many many crashes during the actual race. Watching practice from the stands next to the triple, it was very obvious that pretty much no one was able to find a good way over the triple. Come race day, nobody will hit the brakes before the triple or stop pedaling - thus people will end up flying over their bars landing face-first into the first turn or suddenly fly sidewards resulting in themselves and other riders going down hard.

I saw a video of 16 year old, Maliek Byndloss hitting it. Have to say it does look like a huge advantage.

This post has been edited by johnnyculbrethdotcom: Jul 26 2011, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post
OLDSMARBMX
post Jul 26 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #49

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 21,437

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASvDN3YL0hg

+Quote Post
justride
post Jul 26 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #50

A Pro

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 32,310

That triple looks like it's shaped kind of funny. Like a step up slightly with a semi-steep backside.

+Quote Post
nickdawghaters
post Jul 26 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #51

AA Pro

Member No.: 12,755

The worlds always has something pretty ugly into turn 1. Just a bummer fact of life for the most part. When I arrived I laughed and made the joking quote "their will be blood" about that jump. Super steep backside, but is definitely going to make for some funny racing when you see people just trying to keep traction and fight off the free fall. I suggested the same setup that Canada 07 had into turn #2... The pro side had a similar big triple, and the am side had the same triple but with a step in front so you could double in double out. I read on some Elite ladies blog that the track looked mellow compared to papendal? Something about a big disadvantage having to share the track with ams? Haha well us ams feel at a disadvantage having to share the same first straight with even less of a hill LOL. Its the worlds and the jumps are always unique and monstrous into turn 1. SA last year had that jump that was gnar gnar, Adelaide had a real ugly thing into turn 1 IMO but you deal with it and you hope for better in the future. For what it's worth Im stoked to see a functioning rhythm section for once and Ive been critical of Ritz euro styled rhythms all the time. Good job on the build and the track held up pretty nicely through the weather. Git it today boys!

+Quote Post
Dale Holmes
post Jul 27 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #52

Intermediate
Group Icon

Group: Advertisers
Member No.: 2,012

Im going to Tweet some results and alittle trackside scoop but more the older Challange ages Thursday, the Elite Class Groups on Fri/ Saturday and Cruiser Sunday. cheers

Twitter
DaleHolmesFA

+Quote Post
Bmxjrmen
post Jul 27 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #53

Novice

Member No.: 15,734

Daudet
Nyhaug
Willers
Sam
KY
Long
Jelle
Sharrah

Rooting for a all USA jr podium

+Quote Post
MikeCarruth
post Jul 27 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #54

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6,767

In the YouTube vid OLDSMARBMX posted, Maliek's gate start looks superhuman. Awesome stuff!

Anxious to hear some of the 14-under results.

M

+Quote Post
SrBull
post Jul 27 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #55

Intermediate

Member No.: 20,717

QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Jul 26 2011, 09:26 PM) *
The worlds always has something pretty ugly into turn 1. Just a bummer fact of life for the most part. When I arrived I laughed and made the joking quote "their will be blood" about that jump. Super steep backside, but is definitely going to make for some funny racing when you see people just trying to keep traction and fight off the free fall. I suggested the same setup that Canada 07 had into turn #2... The pro side had a similar big triple, and the am side had the same triple but with a step in front so you could double in double out. I read on some Elite ladies blog that the track looked mellow compared to papendal? Something about a big disadvantage having to share the track with ams? Haha well us ams feel at a disadvantage having to share the same first straight with even less of a hill LOL. Its the worlds and the jumps are always unique and monstrous into turn 1. SA last year had that jump that was gnar gnar, Adelaide had a real ugly thing into turn 1 IMO but you deal with it and you hope for better in the future. For what it's worth Im stoked to see a functioning rhythm section for once and Ive been critical of Ritz euro styled rhythms all the time. Good job on the build and the track held up pretty nicely through the weather. Git it today boys!

NickDawg,
Always nice hearing from a racers perspective on what the track has to offer. This way all of us back home can have some idea on what the racers have to deal with besides the comp... Great job!!

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 12:20 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees