IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Old guy at local races, Trying to get faster....
SOAR
post Jun 26 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,809

Back in the early 80's I used to race BMX now 30 yrs later im back at it again. I recently purchased a 1995 PL-20AL Proline and took it to out local track and after 30 yrs of not being on a BMX I have to say WOW im out of shape......lol but is a great experience and im looking to get racing again. im 43 now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tobylicious
post Jun 27 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #17

Intermediate

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,791

I raced from the age of 8 - 11 y/o old and got back into when i was 36. I am now 39 y/o and have been going at it hard for 3 years and i have to say it will come back to you or if you are new to the sport then it will happen. I am a very competitive person and when i set out to do something i want to be the best at it. I spent my time chasing the younger 17/18 experts around the track and rode my own race until my bike skills caught up with my legs..lol and eventually i caught them. It took alot of patience on my part but all the hard work and all the fun i am having doing it is paying off slowly but surely. For the last two years i have been a Top 10 NAG rider and i keep pushing for that number 1 spot.

My love for BMX has gone much further then just riding my bike. BMX has pushed me to do things i would have never done before. At 39 y/o i am in the best shape of my life, i have met tons of great people from all parts of the united states & all this while riding a bike i rode when i was a kid.

Keep pushing guys becuase the feeling we all get when we put down a good lap is all worth it.

Toby Johnson 36/40 Expert.

+Quote Post
3DOORS
post Jul 9 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #18

AA Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 7,557

Locals are different for me on cruiser and 20, sometimes I have to race 17-19 yr olds at 44. Been doin it pretty regular for 32 years tho with some minor breaks.

Met a guy 2 yrs ago that started racing at age 69 with his grandson, the kid quit aqnd the grandad kept riding!!

It's been said already but - Do it for YOU! Nobody else man and enjoy it!

Trey

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:30 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees