Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Orlando NPSA and NBL
crispy70
post Jul 6 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,878

Hi! I am just looking for some of the people who used to race NPSA and NBL in Orlando. I am hoping to find some of my old friends on here. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi! My name is Chris Trimble. I used to race in NPSA and NBL in Florida. My home track was Orlando. My bikes: Schwinn, Race Inc, Zeronine, Revco,Mongoose KOS Cruiser and finally the best bike I ever owned...JMC Andy Patterson!

I am looking to connect with people who raced around Florida and at my home track in Orlando.

This post has been edited by crispy70: Jul 6 2011, 07:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crispy70
post Jul 6 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 32,878

My NPSA card...seems so ancient! LOL

One of my first races at Lake Alfred. Thats Nick Freeman's dad in the background.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  npsa.jpg ( 199.25K ) Number of downloads: 28
Attached File  lg_pics_1739.jpg ( 77.09K ) Number of downloads: 33

+Quote Post
BERNER
post Aug 8 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38,189

Chris do you have a younger brother that also raced at the Orlando Bmx track back in 1987/1988 years ?If so we might have went to a national race in Sarasota together, also you must have known of Under ground products an Freewheel bike shop back then.

+Quote Post
kframe
post Sep 14 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 31,769

I used to race NPSA at Barnett Park, from about '83 to '85. I wasn't a regular, but I did go to the track once, in a while. It wasn't gated back then, so we would ride the track just, for fun. There was a step up double, on the last straight that my friends and I liked to jump. I rode an '82 Skyway and still have it along, with a few trophies. I really didn't know anyone, who raced there, other than a few friends at that time.

I got my son, into BMX, around the year 2000. His home track was Orlando BMX. It wasn't the original track we used to race BITD and it's reciently been redone, since he raced . We did the Florida State Series, for 2 years and he lost interest, in racing, after that. It seems a lot, of other kids lost interst at that age, too. Some, of the other tracks he raced, were East Orlando (Bithlo), St Cloud, Tampa, St Pete, Sarasota, Daytona, and Coral Springs.

+Quote Post
crispy53t
post May 1 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 40,346

QUOTE (BERNER @ Aug 8 2012, 01:20 PM) *
Chris do you have a younger brother that also raced at the Orlando Bmx track back in 1987/1988 years ?If so we might have went to a national race in Sarasota together, also you must have known of Under ground products an Freewheel bike shop back then.

Yes I did. My brother just started racing again. UGP!

+Quote Post
BERNER
post May 6 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (crispy53t @ May 1 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Yes I did. My brother just started racing again. UGP!

+Quote Post
BERNER
post May 6 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #7

Chris you raced in the expert class back then , and I was in the novice class .One night I raced novice an open class an in open class it was me against David Milham,I had a good gate start but then Milham smoked me the rest of the race.Anyway good to hear you brother is back racing again.Still have my UGP plate on my bike and its still a BOSS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 10:26 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees