Reply to this topicStart new topic
NIKE 6.0 is NO MORE, Nike is dropping the 6.0
RedMist
post Nov 6 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #16

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,937

I'm not a fan of Nike. I've had several pairs and they all fell apart. That being said. BMX needs as many corporate sponsors as it can get, so I like Nike's involvement and I hope they aren't phasing out their BMX program.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abozny
post Nov 15 2011, 04:59 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 4,398

I think it is too bad about the 6.0 branding. The videos from Nike at youtube are really great.

I have a pair of 6.0s and they have held up to breakless riding really good. I use my foot on the ground to break.

There are things I don't like about them, the sole of the shoe is made of a slightly too hard material and my feet slip on the pedals. Also, the padding on the ankles is not thick enough and when doing tailwhips it hurts my ankles.

The best shoe I used as of yet is DC. The sole material is softer for better pedal grip, the sole is flat and wide and therefore stable. The ankles have great padding too, even though they are lo-tops.

The first pair I had lasted about six months and then I managed to rip them open. Then I bought another pair of the same model and was disappointed. The quality was not the same. The materials were different and it took me only two weeks to rip open the toe area of the sole.

Vans are absolute garbage. I bought a new pair and put a hole in the sole on the first day. Matt Wilhelm agrees.

The original topic was Nike 6.0. It is a total bummer that they are getting out of BMX. Nike is a huge company and BMX needs their support. At least the team is still together and we can only hope that it stays that way. The Nike 6.0 videos on Youtube of the team are awesome if you haven't checked them out yet.

+Quote Post
JordanJR
post Feb 5 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #18

A Pro

Member No.: 19,439

My 2c --
Nike Inc. in the 1980's vaulted everyday shoe prices into the stratosphere, so probably exists a spreadsheet which correlates perceived Consumer Confidence in the segment of the market.

Very similar in the way the Interior Colors of McDonald's were chosen to invite a warm and ambient dining area, but have just enough strong contrast to make any visit kept short.
So much borderline disgusting humanity displayed itself when Nike was selling Air Jordan's for a then unheard of $100, and soon they would be $150.

Now Nike expects close to $1000 for a pair of select Basketball Sneakers? Do I wear wool pants or can I keep the Business Casual theme... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

Kids could not be safe to have them come home with them from school back then.

Too Big To Fail.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:33 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees