12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Membership, A Contract is a Contract.
bdine
post May 17 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,610

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font] I do not know what they are talking about face value of my contract.
The one I paid for alows me to race any National, Regional and Local. A Contract is legal and binding. Face Value for my contract would be the number of every National, Regional and Local I could race. Then I would divide it into the amount of money I paid for it. Then I would know the face value of my Contract. But I guess nothing is set in stone yet. I am sure they can work the bugs out change a few rules to bring it into sync. I think it will be cool running a National League and American League of BMX. I think thats what it has needed to do breath some life back into the sport. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elvis
post May 17 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

CODE
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

Dude, seriously?

+Quote Post
psheridan
post May 17 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #3

A Pro

Member No.: 14,699

I am going to cut my ABA card in half, NBL card in half, tape the two opposites together and see what they say at the registration trailer. HA HA

Elvis - this place would be lame without drama; give him his chance to stir up some internet drama.

+Quote Post
codydamage
post May 17 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 29,579

A contract is a contract. If you sign up for a new cell phone and you sign a 2 year contract you are obligated to pay that 2 years. If you break that contract than you will be required to pay (and charged a penalty) to terminate that contract. If you have a credit card and the business goes out, you are still required to pay the remaining balance off even if they restructure or file Bankrupt. It does not matter. My contract says I could race as many Nationals, Regional and Local's I want. And now there is a face value of my contract (Come on). I applaud the ABA and the NBL coming together. It should have been done 20 years ago without the diversity. It's a catch 22

+Quote Post
bmxundergrounddo...
post May 17 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #5

A Pro

Member No.: 14,024

I hope the ABA is going to be able to honor the contract in some way. I know, I know, we sound like a bunch of whiners right?

I just feel like the ABA stands to make a lot of money on this deal - from riders, sponsors, etc. in the future. To save face with NBL riders - new and old, it would be an exceptional act to honor this contract through grands or the end of the season.

There must be some way to make this happen. The future earnings must be a motivator for the ABA.

+Quote Post
tommydone
post May 17 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #6

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,686

last year I renewed my membership for another year then in january after my said membership was only 5 months old I was told that I HAD to sign up for the new plan or could not race. Why wasnt a contract a contract then?

+Quote Post
mister2dt
post May 17 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #7

A Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 25,807

the fine print of your membership application states that the sanctioning body has the right to refuse the membership, change or alter the membership at any given time.

This is that time, in order to continue offering the nbl racers a membership, they are changing the guidelines of the membership. Legally, therer is nothing you can do about it. its in the contract, and you signed it. they can stop the all you want racing anytime they feel the need.

+Quote Post
tommydone
post May 17 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #8

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,686

to ask the ABA to put itself in financial jeopardy by continuing a doomed plan is insane. this plan bankrupted the NBL, what do you think would happen if the ABA adopted this plan? the same thing , they would go bankrupt because you cannot sustain any business by paying out more than you take in.

+Quote Post
crash813
post May 17 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #9

A Pro

Member No.: 20,655

Yall just sound like a bunch of whiney lil b!tch3s. Look, the nbl is broke and would of landed on its face if not for the aba. You took a bad bet on a lame horse. Think of this as a life lesson and move on.

+Quote Post
lumpy
post May 17 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #10

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 1,375

Hmm.. This great all you can race deal brought down the NBL in less than 6 months.. Yeah.. The ABA should carry on with the program so they can go down the toilet too...

From the looks of things, the ABA is trying to please everyone the best they can.. Credit on the current all you can race program to free memberships this weekend in Nashville..

Funny, when some of us here said this all you can race deal would kill the NBL, many of you said "I don't care.. I am going to race as much as I can until then." Now, it has killed the NBL and you want to be compensated for contributing to the death of the sanction...

In all reality, the ABA could have just said "Screw you.. $45 please." But, that really wouldn't be good business, would it?

Brian

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:27 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees