Reply to this topicStart new topic
Answer Alumilite TI vs Crupi Rhythm Wheels
skullcrusher
post May 2 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #31

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,379

Both are good sets. The downfall to Answer is as mentioned before. Using their specific cogs and tools whereas the Rhythms use a standard Shimano cog. A few years ago I bet I knew 10 different people with problems with the answers in one form or another. I know one kid that cracked 2 different drivers in one season on the Answers. Im not sure about the 1 1/8" Rhythms but I do know the 1 3/8" come with a 4pawl hub. Totally unnecessary for a little guy. I know Answer has had customer service issues in the past but I havent dealt with them personally in a couple of years so they may be better now. I can assure you Crupis customer service is second to none. Personally I chose the Rhythms over the Answers because of the standard Shimano set up but Im sure youll be happy with either set. Both are superb products!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Texasbmxdad
post May 3 2011, 07:22 AM
Post #32

Intermediate

Member No.: 29,092

Has anyone tried out the new Bombshell carbon wheels, yet? I wonder how they would compare to the industry standard mini wheel of Answer?

+Quote Post
fastjimmy412
post May 3 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #33

A Pro

Member No.: 20,424

My kid has had the same Answer Expert TI wheels on her bike for two years now. Never had any problems with the cog or driver. She has been in some really good wrecks and is also a jumper with them. They held up with her at OTC last Nov. I just do preventive maint on the bike and wheels and let John Kovachi true them up a few times a year.

+Quote Post
Oldschoolfreak
post May 3 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #34

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 14,754

QUOTE (Texasbmxdad @ May 3 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Has anyone tried out the new Bombshell carbon wheels, yet? I wonder how they would compare to the industry standard mini wheel of Answer?

I have a set on the way. They better be great for the money. I'll let you know...

+Quote Post
cruiserdad
post May 3 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #35

Intermediate

Member No.: 22,635

Running the Answer mini Ti's on his 20" and the Crupi on his cruiser. Both sets are amazing! when he moves to a 1 3/8" on his 20" next year (he is 90 lbs and becoming a jumper) I will most likely go Crupi due to the $$$ savings. I have no complaints about either set.
These ANSWER 1 1/8"Ti's are for sale today, if you want em I will move him early into the bigger rims now instead of next year!

Both hubs have great engagement , teh drag seems appropriate and they are taking a beating and standing up to it!
Being relatively new to the sport ,3rd season, I didnt have any tools, now I have two sets lol. so having the Answer and the shimano specific tools is not a big deal anymore.

+Quote Post
BirkBMX35
post May 3 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #36

Novice
Group Icon

Group: Advertisers
Member No.: 18,530

With regards to the Answer drivers cracking, one of the first things I did when I took the job running Answer 2 years was make some modifications to the drivers to prevent them from breaking. The results have been night and day in terms of how many calls we get now with hub problems. About 99% better with no exaggeration. We do make a 28mm Answer hub wrench for helping get the cogs off and we've ordered some longer "persuader" wrenchs to make it even easier in the future. The wheels and hubs will also now come with a small tube of anti seeze grease to put on prior to cog installation.

And in terms of customer service with Answer BMX now, it's something we take very seriously, almost to the point of being obsessed with it. We're too small of a company to ignore or not take proper care of our loyal Answer product users, plus we're racers as well and understand the time, expenses, and trust that goes into choosing a brand to put on your bike.

Thanks
Ryan@answerbmx.com
(574) 269-3373 Office
(574) 527-1357 Cell

+Quote Post
justrollin
post May 4 2011, 07:39 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 22,979

My young bloke runs almost a full crupi set up but runs mini Ti answer wheels and has done for just over two years he isint jumping massive jumps about 6 meters "18 foot" he has chewed out one driver but at present he is 63 kgs" almost 137 lbs" he is riding them on 1 3/8 power blocks pumped to 95 psi with F1 ceramic bearings I love the wheels and the new ones look even better answer all the way
cheers Robbie

+Quote Post
Butcher
post May 4 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 21,286

Answer all the way, Dougie has ran them for 6 years and never a problem.

+Quote Post
mhpbill
post May 4 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #39

Expert

Member No.: 17,613

QUOTE (Oldschoolfreak @ May 3 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I have a set on the way. They better be great for the money. I'll let you know...

We have a set . They are built with Answer hubs and TI spokes . How did Jiri build yours ?

+Quote Post
traderman1956
post May 5 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #40

Intermediate

Member No.: 32,104

QUOTE (BirkBMX35 @ May 3 2011, 03:24 PM) *
With regards to the Answer drivers cracking, one of the first things I did when I took the job running Answer 2 years was make some modifications to the drivers to prevent them from breaking. The results have been night and day in terms of how many calls we get now with hub problems. About 99% better with no exaggeration. We do make a 28mm Answer hub wrench for helping get the cogs off and we've ordered some longer "persuader" wrenchs to make it even easier in the future. The wheels and hubs will also now come with a small tube of anti seeze grease to put on prior to cog installation.

And in terms of customer service with Answer BMX now, it's something we take very seriously, almost to the point of being obsessed with it. We're too small of a company to ignore or not take proper care of our loyal Answer product users, plus we're racers as well and understand the time, expenses, and trust that goes into choosing a brand to put on your bike.

Thanks
Ryan@answerbmx.com
(574) 269-3373 Office
(574) 527-1357 Cell

We bought the Answer factory wrench BITD and it does a fine job removing the cogs.

All in all a wonderful set of wheels and very reasonably priced for what they are.

All the Best

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:34 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees