6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Answer Alumilite TI vs Crupi Rhythm Wheels
newtonp
post Jan 7 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,609

Gonna upgrade the little rippers mini wheels.
Which of the above would you recommend?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon002
post Jan 7 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #2

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 22,718

depends... do you want to buy expensive answer cogs and tools or do you want the shimano compatible cassettes of the crupi hubs? Both are great wheels.

+Quote Post
Finch
post Jan 7 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #3

Expert

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 16,494

Answer ALL the way!!! Two of my three little ones ride that wheel set and I love em.

Finch

+Quote Post
Mcromwell
post Jan 7 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Expert

Member No.: 27,200

I have a set of each and I cant tell you which one is better. I have not had a single problem with either of them on my kids bikes. The answer one see a lot more use than the crupi ones as they are on his cruiser and he rides his class the most but I would buy either set again.

+Quote Post
zallamalu
post Jan 7 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #5

Intermediate

Member No.: 27,961

I would expect 50/50 on the voting. Both are great wheels sets. I run my little guy on the Ti Rhythms and could not be happier. For the reasons mentioned above by Brandon, expensive tools and proprietory cogs etc...Rhythms seemed the way to go for me. Also 24 spoke vs. 28 on the answer, which I believe makes them a tad lighter if you care about that. All that said if you found a great deal on the Answers I would not pass it up.

+Quote Post
jlthree
post Jan 7 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #6

A Pro

Member No.: 14,062

I would also suggest you look closely at the Bombshell SL wheels. At $299 and as light or lighter than the others it might be the ticket. We sold all our Answer stuff after a string of problems and have been really pleased with the Bombshells. I do sell a lot of the Answer stuff and people seem to really love it, but I was fed up. The truth is you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

+Quote Post
crash813
post Jan 7 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #7

A Pro

Member No.: 20,655

Probably depends on the weight of your rider. We have the Answers and have 0 problems. Never really worried about cogs because we don't mess with the rollout. I've heard that the Answer mini alum axle can have issues if you're a heavier rider. Not sure about the 24 vs. 28 spokes but you have to think the same with Crupi, weight and strength might be a bigger issue.

Personally, I'd think eiither would be a solid choice but I would talk to someone who knows wheels and see what they recommend for your particular situation (kovachi or local wheel whiz).

For us, we went with Answer expert hubs and mini rims since rider weight was just over 100 lbs and jumping, but not nearly ready for 1.5 rims. Simply relace the hubs when we are ready. Very little cost if they make it that many years which at this point, I have no reason not to believe they won't.

This post has been edited by crash813: Jan 7 2011, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Jan 7 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #8

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

I have several team riders on the answer wheels, they love them, so I have to go with them on this question.

+Quote Post
toothbrush
post Jan 7 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #9

A Pro

Member No.: 30,312

Allius pro cassette... Same wheel as answer ti (I believe, atleast looks the same) but cheaper.

+Quote Post
Blazinsdad
post Jan 7 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #10

Expert

Member No.: 13,572

Answer.......with the chromoly axle replacement have been bulletproof. The hubs have been in three seperate sets of wheels, zero problems. Oh btw, the kid beats the crap out of them.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 12:36 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees