Reply to this topicStart new topic
British 80's BMX company VINCENT FRAMES
vincentframes
post Sep 3 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,150

Hey everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know about my company, Vincent Frames.

Back in the early eighties my dad, Bernie Vincent, designed & built BMX frames and towable quarter pipes whilst the freestyle team demoed & competed across the UK & Europe.

I was 7 when my dad had to stop producing bikes because in the UK, BMX-ing went out of fashion and he could no longer pay the mortgage. Fast forward 23 years and my curiosity got the better of me and I've been searching for any of the VF riders & people connected with the UK scene from the mid eighties.

Earlier this year I managed to find the guys from the original freestyle team, including Paul 'ROCK' Hudson who also built all the frames & pipes with my dad. So now we're all riding together, rekindling old friendships and enjoying being out on the bikes together. I'm also now thinking about starting where my dad left off and building a few bikes again (with the help of another old school BMX-er).

If you wanna know more about us check out the website & facebook page where you'll find loads of rad photos, info, links & videos.
www.vincentframes.co.uk
www.facebook.com/vincentframes

You can check out the little video I produced of the first VF ride in 26 years here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Hifsp33No

Info on the frames & restoration jobs can be found on the BMX museum website here http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/vincent_bike_company/

Would love to hear from anyone who remembers Vincent Frames so please get in touch with your tale!

Thanks
Katie Vincent

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:20 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees