Worst Tracks of All Time, Describe the worst track you have ever raced
Ripperx11
post Sep 21 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #16

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,807

QUOTE (RCain @ Aug 30 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Racer nailed it. Spokane Wa. in the early nineties, track was built out of parking lot gravel and rocks by two bmx moms with a bobcat in one weekend. 6 man gate, maybe 10 ft wide and 600 ft long.
Worst track ever! hands down.

when BMX Moms are building your track.. your in big trouble lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whitey
post Sep 21 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #17

Expert

Member No.: 5,450

Marcelles BMX Track in upstate NY. My friend Dave James and I went there to race a NBL State race in 1985 ish. Crummy gate that sent you down a short steep hill into a FLAT 90 degree turn. The track was made of cinder ash and was horrible! I can't even remember the rest of the layout cuz when we hit the finish line we went right back to the parking lot, threw our bikes in the back of the van and boogied. A cinder ash goat path........that's what the layout was........hahahaha.

Back then I would have raced on ANYTHING. So since we left........WORST track ever!!!

(Sorry to offend anyone if it was their home track.)

HORRIBLE!!!!

+Quote Post
mxmug
post Sep 25 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #18

Inventor of the Z Jump

Member No.: 17,989

Some seemed unfair for that one person who drew the wrong gate lane. (watch out for that mattress on the tree in the first turn)

This describes lane 1 in Grass Valley California. At the aba national held there in 1980 they used all 8 gate positions. At local races lane 1 and lane 8 were not used, so 6 people max could make the main. This was a very smooth slightly downhill track with lots of shade. It was a great place to spend a summer day racing. The following video is titled 12x full gate, which it was for a grass valley local race. If you look closely 6 riders are lined up in lane 2 thru 7 with lane 1 and 8 unused to avoid run ins with the famous mattress covered tree. The enviromentalist would not allow that tree to be cut down. So they tied a mattress on it instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzHbo1uj8A

Mx Mug

+Quote Post
Proctor
post Sep 26 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #19

AA Pro

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 16,088

mxmug,

That video is crazy. I have that gate in my backyard. Bought it a year after they closed.

Worst track jr and I have ever been to is Titusville PA
It is an open track that is not well taken care of, and when we showed up, there were 50cc motorcycles all over it.

Proctor

+Quote Post
mxmug
post Sep 26 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #20

Inventor of the Z Jump

Member No.: 17,989

QUOTE (Proctor @ Sep 26 2010, 06:20 PM) *
mxmug,

That video is crazy. I have that gate in my backyard. Bought it a year after they closed.

Worst track jr and I have ever been to is Titusville PA
It is an open track that is not well taken care of, and when we showed up, there were 50cc motorcycles all over it.

Proctor

What year did they close? Why did they close?

Mx Mug

+Quote Post
RandyS
post Sep 26 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #21

A Pro

Member No.: 3,462

My first 2 races were at Sacramento Raceway and a one off race in Pinole, Ca. Both featured uphill starts.Nuff said. The gap between the trees at Grass Valley is about 2 feet narrower than it was in 83, and the trees have continued to grow just fine with the matresses removed. I never raced GV after 81 or so, when did it close?

+Quote Post
Proctor
post Sep 26 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #22

AA Pro

It closed about 9 years ago. I have had the gate now for 6 about 6 years. Rich owned a bike shop in Nevada city,

+Quote Post
RandyS
post Sep 26 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #23

A Pro

QUOTE (Proctor @ Sep 27 2010, 06:04 AM) *
It closed about 9 years ago. I have had the gate now for 6 about 6 years. Rich owned a bike shop in Nevada city,

Different track, Richs track ran for 2 or 3 years in the early 2000s, the original GV track ran 74 or 75 to sometime in the 80s, it was at the fairgrounds in GV, Richs track was at the old airport in Nevada City. Sucks that he couldn't pull people out of the Sacramento area enough to keep it going, it was a pretty cool place to have a track. Not as nice as the fairgrounds but still a perfect place for a track. Anyplace you can go out and moto your truck after the races is AOK with me.

This post has been edited by RandyS: Sep 26 2010, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
Proctor
post Sep 26 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #24

AA Pro

well randy I think you are wrong. But hell I could be wrong. The gate came from the fairgrounds that I have, and looks just like the one in the video. I know nothing about the 70's in grass valley. I was at the Orange Y then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Do you remember the team Rich ran? It is all over the ram I have.

+Quote Post
RandyS
post Sep 26 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #25

A Pro

You mean TR2? I think he had that one built. But it could have been the original I guess, hell it's Grass Valley. It could have sat in someones front yard for a dozen years after the original track closed.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 02:20 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees