QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Aug 19 2010, 06:59 PM)
Your going to...
2. if they don't race and they still come to practice on raceday, I can institute a fee for non-registered riders so that they do.
Your not going to make many friends with that move, this is not an attack but penalizing someone for not sticking around to race is kinda silly. Sure you lose their potential $5.95 paid to you from the NBL if they stayed to race, but come on dont get petty.
Thursday night is "free" gate practice, if you don't race locals under the new program, then you can view that GP as paid for out of your annual local fee.
I view raceday practice as practice for registered racers.
The rider that gets angry when I (potentially) begin charging him for GP only will more than likely fit the following profile:
1) No number plate, won't race stupid locals.
2) Gallon of water or "homebrew", placed prominently on the starting-hill, or if possible somewhere on the infield where it it will be abandoned for the local losers to pick up and throw in the trash after the race.
3) Will not observe rules, will ride track backwards, cross the track anywhere and if possible set up camp somewhere in the infield. Will ride to and from squatter camp without helmet on.
4) Arrives just before/during gate practice - never helps with track grooming, or volunteering.
When you hold a race, you are presenting the sport to new eyes, new potential riders and sponsors, and while you want want everyone to have fun, it should not look like a cluster-f*** .
So if this guy that is stinking up the place does not come out on raceday, I say, "See you at Thursday GP, dude!"