NBL Announces Major Changes for 2011
bmx668
post Aug 20 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #961

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,557

QUOTE (HRPdesigns @ Aug 20 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Maybe I should have clarified, "my lowly ABA team", cause there are some powerhouses in both sanction.

So you are basically deducting $11,000 from the NBL from what you paid this past season and potentially receiving more next year?

I know that HBR and Gary swear that the money is going to be there, and I realize I have an Alabama education, but I do not understand the math.

What I think they are counting on is making racing so affordable that more riders will come out to the nationals and in turn more licenses sold.

I don't have a background in business nor do I understand finances that well, thats why my wife holds the check book. The math is pretty simple here and it saves me a load of money.

Lets say the whole thing comes crumbling down are you gonna stop racing? No, you will find the closest ABA track and register for the next race. Am I gambling that they will be around at the end of the year...yes. I have consulted with friends who have a better grasp of this than I do and they have all said that the gamble is minimal. I'm in...if this all works then I can say I was there BITD...Ha. If not then I'll see you at the next ABA national. Either way I'll be BMXing somewhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bmx668
post Aug 20 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #962

A Pro

Member No.: 8,557

I can tell you this, if this business model works imagine if the ABA ran these same numbers at their riders. You would see 400 moto nationals at their big events. The masterminds at the ABA are gonna be watching this very closely. This could revolutionize the sport or be the death of the NBL.

+Quote Post
bonz
post Aug 20 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #963

Novice

Member No.: 28,177

I have been reading through this behemoth of a thread, mainly for curiosity,as I am an ABA member, and have never been involved in NBL. The concern that seems to bother most, is the viability of the sanction to not "bleed money" and therefore become defunct. As I see it, they are launching their N magazine, and they state that it is a lifestyle publication, and within the lifestyle are HUGE amounts of sponsors and their CASH. If this publication is NOT just a points list, as stated, it could be a major contributor to an influx of " MONSTER" money and "ENERGY", so to speak. I personally am for anything BMX, and I wish the best for anybody trying to promote BMX.

I too am out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
or in? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
dunno bout all that....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
KmacDIESEL
post Aug 20 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #964

Member No.: 28,017

QUOTE (SBC Infantry @ Aug 17 2010, 10:32 AM) *
As the parent of an "Elite A" rider, I have always questioned the logic of the current Pro pay tiers, and moto run order. This is said with no disrespect intended to anyone, but in my mind the pay tiers, and moto order should be based on the following 3 qualifications, in no certain order:

Speed/Skill Level
Class Size/Depth of Competition at the National level
Crowd Appeal/Marketing value

Based on these you would have the Girl Pro's earning the lowest payout, and being the first Pro moto ran, followed by Vet Pro's being the second class to run and a higher payout than the girl's, then you would have the A Pro class being third to run and a higher payout than Vet's, and lastly the AA Pro class earning the highest payout.

Roger

exactly what i said. thats how it should be and someone needs to take notice and start changing things to make it this way

+Quote Post
Antagonist
post Aug 20 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #965

Expert

Member No.: 16,446

QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Aug 19 2010, 06:59 PM) *
Your going to...

2. if they don't race and they still come to practice on raceday, I can institute a fee for non-registered riders so that they do.

Your not going to make many friends with that move, this is not an attack but penalizing someone for not sticking around to race is kinda silly. Sure you lose their potential $5.95 paid to you from the NBL if they stayed to race, but come on dont get petty.

Thursday night is "free" gate practice, if you don't race locals under the new program, then you can view that GP as paid for out of your annual local fee.
I view raceday practice as practice for registered racers.
The rider that gets angry when I (potentially) begin charging him for GP only will more than likely fit the following profile:
1) No number plate, won't race stupid locals.
2) Gallon of water or "homebrew", placed prominently on the starting-hill, or if possible somewhere on the infield where it it will be abandoned for the local losers to pick up and throw in the trash after the race.
3) Will not observe rules, will ride track backwards, cross the track anywhere and if possible set up camp somewhere in the infield. Will ride to and from squatter camp without helmet on.
4) Arrives just before/during gate practice - never helps with track grooming, or volunteering.

When you hold a race, you are presenting the sport to new eyes, new potential riders and sponsors, and while you want want everyone to have fun, it should not look like a cluster-f*** .
So if this guy that is stinking up the place does not come out on raceday, I say, "See you at Thursday GP, dude!"

+Quote Post
HRPdesigns
post Aug 20 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #966

VBMX Hall Of Famer
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 4,211

I have a question, in all seriousness. Now that the tracks no longer pay for insurance, are the tracks covered 24/7 or just race events? Does that rule out practice insurance?

+Quote Post
Greg Hill
post Aug 20 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #967

AA Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 293

BMX has needed something new and better, something that can grow the sport...Good job NBL for thinking outside the lines, good luck with everything!!!

+Quote Post
cornfed
post Aug 20 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #968

VBMX Hall Of Famer

Member No.: 246

W.W.R.R.D?

+Quote Post
bstevens
post Aug 20 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #969

A Pro

Member No.: 16,363

QUOTE (Antagonist @ Aug 20 2010, 12:45 PM) *
I view raceday practice as practice for registered racers.
The rider that gets angry when I (potentially) begin charging him for GP only will more than likely fit the following profile:
1) No number plate, won't race stupid locals.
2) Gallon of water or "homebrew", placed prominently on the starting-hill, or if possible somewhere on the infield where it it will be abandoned for the local losers to pick up and throw in the trash after the race.
3) Will not observe rules, will ride track backwards, cross the track anywhere and if possible set up camp somewhere in the infield. Will ride to and from squatter camp without helmet on.
4) Arrives just before/during gate practice - never helps with track grooming, or volunteering..
So if this guy that is stinking up the place does not come out on raceday, I say, "See you at Thursday GP, dude!"

LOL!!! you hit that nail so hard on the head you broke the hammer LOL! I felt some pee even shoot out laughing so hard! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Cook Bros Seeker
post Aug 20 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #970

A Pro

Member No.: 10,889

All of it seems okay. But no practice? Everyone at my local track already complains that the once a week practice during the Summer only is not nearly enough for riders to compete with riders who have tracks open 2 to 3 times per week. Is the track allowed to take donations from the riders as a way to keep the track open for practice?

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:25 AM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees