IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
pro payouts, What are the main makers making?
Cannonball1
post Jan 19 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #16

A Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,118

QUOTE (nickdawghaters @ Jan 18 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Im a togo's guy though so what do I know?

YES! #26 - Sniper Special!

It's been a long, long time since I've had a Togo's.

Sorry, back to the thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K Robison
post Jan 19 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #17

A Pro

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE (deluxx bmx @ Jan 18 2010, 07:15 PM) *
You thinking of going pro Ken??

No, John, I'll just keep racing you guys. I could donate $100 to the purse every weekend and it would be the same result as me turning pro.

I agree about an outside sponsor just for the pro series. If I remember BITD, each WOS race had to secure their own sponsor to cover the pro purse.

So AA payouts and first place are pretty obvious, if pathetic. I think the real eye opener would be the payouts for women and vet (non-winners). Anyone want to speak up?

Ken

+Quote Post
Afton
post Jan 19 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #18

Novice

Member No.: 7,286

As for the women, in ABA for Elite Women the payout is the same until we hit semis (17 riders). Which, keep in mind, we didn't get once last year if I remember correctly. 16 riders a few times, but always eluding that one extra to bump up the pay scale. Pay according to place:
1-300
2-180
3-120
4-100
5-90
6-80
7-70
8-60

Its nice to at least make your entry fee back if you make the main, but you definetly aren't making any money in girl pro! I understand that AA has more riders and is more exciting to watch, but its a bummer for us when they get more for 5th in a semi, then we get for a 3rd in the main! Not that I'm complaining.. I'm happy to be able to do what I love and make any money back for it. On the plus side, this is part of the reason that many of the girls and women in this class are persuing their college degrees and jobs. My job as a nurse comes first, BMX is for fun!

I believe Vet pro is the same payout scale, but they often have more riders, so they get bumped up to the next purse.

+Quote Post
UTZbmx
post Jan 19 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #19

Expert

Member No.: 22,822

Big giant checks with less than a grand on them for a pro win is a joke, and the payout below 3rd is even more of a joke. For the risk and dedication it takes to ride at the pro level the purse needs to go up but it will take outside sponsors that see the value in the sport. Maybe some day.

There should be a small series (3 races)that runs at night after the regular national with big payout TV and paid fan entry but with out the lame super big supercross start hill for these guys to showcase their skills and power. Similar to the ABA pro spectacular. Run 16-29 open with it also.

The same is true for AMA pro supercross, the purse money is a joke for the risk and abilities of the riders.

Golf purses on the other hand make big bucks with the risk of staining your Khaki pants. But millions of people love the golf on TV. So it sells.

Life ain't fair.

+Quote Post
K Robison
post Jan 19 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #20

A Pro

Member No.: 5,176

The women's payouts are even worse than I thought. I would think they should get paid more than vet and A. I know A probably gets a boost because of rider count, but women should get more. Especially if ABA's women class is the path into the Olympics.

I imagine cruiser is even worse since it's usually less than a gate worth of riders.

+Quote Post
bmxmom156
post Jan 20 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #21

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,173

what are the pro payouts at aba races that are not uci/pro events. am i to understand that these races the purse is higher due to more participants but can someone take a reg aba national that is not elite/ pro race and tell me what a normal pro gets pd for top 8?

with the new rules i am not fully understanding the a pro vs aa pro classes in these events.

just use the md or the pa aba national as an example. it is not a pro race so what class do the pros race ( is it like elite open in the nbl? or are they separated into a pro and aa pro?)

i did listen to the podcast so please dont tell me to do it again.

considering some aba nats but just curious if the purse for regular nationals for pros is the same as nbl or that much more..

thanks

+Quote Post
BigJeff
post Jan 20 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #22

A Pro

Member No.: 2,497

If it's not a Elite race then AA pro's can't race.............No more pro open in the ABA..............numbers the same for A pro no matter the race, based on rider count in that class..................Only one that I can think of that might be larger purse in the Pro Spec on Friday at the ABA grands.........I'm out BigJeff

+Quote Post
reed
post Jan 20 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #23

AA Pro

Member No.: 18,198

QUOTE (BigJeff @ Jan 20 2010, 01:46 PM) *
If it's not a Elite race then AA pro's can't race.............No more pro open in the ABA..............numbers the same for A pro no matter the race, based on rider count in that class..................Only one that I can think of that might be larger purse in the Pro Spec on Friday at the ABA grands.........I'm out BigJeff

Jeff,

What do you think about ABA replacing thier current "A" Pro/Vet -Pro/girl -Pro ONLY racing at NON Pro series events with a Pro Open or Elite Open like the NBL does.

+Quote Post
bmxmom156
post Jan 20 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #24

AA Pro

Member No.: 11,173

QUOTE (reed @ Jan 20 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Jeff,

What do you think about ABA replacing thier current "A" Pro/Vet -Pro/girl -Pro ONLY racing at NON Pro series events with a Pro Open or Elite Open like the NBL does.

thats exactly what i am asking. so in aba non elite races there is a pro class separately for the vets , a pros, girls but no aa pros.

based on numbers what is the payout aba as compared to nbl for these races? just trying to compare. the previous numbers for elite races aba was almost double nbl so i just wondered if these races were similar in payout???

+Quote Post
Bill Curtin
post Jan 20 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #25

A Pro

Member No.: 16,476

Almost every question regarding Pro is addressed here

http://ababmx.com/index.php?page=default/n...733&search=

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2014 - 10:13 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees