NBL adds more Elite races to the 2010 schedule
tsmith9233
post Jan 17 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #46

A Pro
Group Icon

Group: Site Supporter
Member No.: 14,905

US Open at the grands well, according to the NBL schedule page......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris C.
post Jan 17 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #47

AA Pro

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,560

Based on the way the schedule was posted I knew I wouldn't get to as many nationals as last year, but now it may even be less than I had planned. Waterford is gone and that really does stink. From people I've talked to, it sounds like the schedule has changed a couple times today.

+Quote Post
bmxnews123452
post Jan 17 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #48

A Pro

Group: Banned
Member No.: 18,552

QUOTE (Deanna @ Jan 17 2010, 06:49 PM) *
I think everyone saw that Waterford is now not getting a national. I'm not sure if that will change in the days to come or not.

NBL needs to set a schedule and stick with it. People need to plan. The changes right now are as bad as all the TBD dates that were on their schedule in the past.

I'm a huge believer that the NBL's schedule should be out in full prior to the NBL Grand so people can plan.

What's with Tn. getting 3 nationals per year along with KY getting another 3?

At this point there is nothing north of Ohio for the midwest riders.

am i reading this correctlythe same person who says the nbl puts too many nationals in the midwest, nbl nationals ruins the midwest local scene, the same person who says the aba is the best and for a national circuit people need to travel just complained about not enough nationals in the midwest am i reading this correctly? are you flip floping on things you said and repeated many times?

tenn. gets 3 cause two are at morristown are early in the year. both obviously indoor races. two races held at morristown cause the nbl gets that place cheap. also the national at nashville is at one of the best tracks.

Kentucky getting 3? The xmas classic that is one, the grands is another am i missing the other one somewhere?

+Quote Post
truckdaddy
post Jan 17 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #49

Intermediate

Member No.: 9,146

QUOTE (toxley @ Jan 18 2010, 01:09 AM) *
midwest regional championship... indianapolis? not trying to be negative here, but that's a joke. anyone who's drivin by lake sullivan on they're way to warsaw knows exactly what i mean. i'm not a basher, i just think warsaw is one of the nicest tracks in indiana. lake sullivan has a long way to go before they'll be able to host a race like this. warsaw is established, they hosted two highly sucessful events last year. i guess no good deed goes unpunished in nbl country.

I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe a little track about 40 miles south of there deserves a chance too.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  l_b3e193c39cff8626f647f7722dc86730.png ( 62.23K ) Number of downloads: 14

+Quote Post
Elvis
post Jan 17 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #50

Worst moderator ever

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 395

All this proves is that the two-sanction system is a waste of resources.

What's the point other than brinkmanship?

No wonder the sport's not growing. The two sanction system has situations like this, a catch-up game of trying to cut a slice of pie out of the middle. Whatever.

+Quote Post
toxley
post Jan 17 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #51

Intermediate

Group: Track Management
Member No.: 18,258

QUOTE (tommy2x4 @ Jan 17 2010, 06:07 PM) *
yeah..that's all fine and dandy, but that's not gonna fly for the majority of people who stand in line and pay entry fees to the NBL...just sayin', before we go changing horses in the middle of the race, we look at the big picture. A LOT of people have made plans on the schedule posted. people want a schedule so they can feed the addiction they have to race bmx...having sanctions stick to those schedules might be under #1 or #2 of the rules of professionalism. just saying..i like that people are wanting change, but is it worth balling up your patrons schedule to meet the need of the few? i'm one of those few now scrambling to figure out a way to get my other 6 races in...

most people won't even know of the changes, they still have a death grip on their last issue of BT.

+Quote Post
Dicta
post Jan 17 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #52

A Pro

Group: BMX Industry
Member No.: 7,019

QUOTE (Elvis @ Jan 18 2010, 12:39 AM) *
All this proves is that the two-sanction system is a waste of resources.

What's the point other than brinkmanship?

No wonder the sport's not growing. The two sanction system has situations like this, a catch-up game of trying to cut a slice of pie out of the middle. Whatever.

I agree... it'd be like one sanction scheduling a UCI race against the other sanction's Championship (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
novatd
post Jan 17 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #53

A Pro

Member No.: 3,747

surprise!! reg final before grands, announcement made.

+Quote Post
lakesullivanbmx
post Jan 17 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #54

Expert

Member No.: 21,943

First of all I can do drive bys at many tracks when they are closed and they look like they aren't operable.
Second Warsaw and Columbus have had regionals and or nationals recently and are great tracks.
But niether of the comments from anyone ever came to LS when it was up and racing we had 8 races and niether of you were there so don't bash what you ever witnessed.
The volunteers had the track up and going every race day just because the grass wast grown in and the weeds weren't cut don't mean the track wasn't ready.
I don't care where they put the races heck Richmond hasn't received much in the way of much more than a local.

+Quote Post
Bill Hayden
post Jan 17 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #55

AA Pro

Member No.: 7,513

really wish Waterford was getting another nat this year, had a blast out there last year.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:03 PM

This Space
Respectfully Donated
Stay Strong Stephen Murray

Support Vintage By Using These Links For Your BMX Travel NO priceline hotel cancellation or change fees